[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Online Franchise Update  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion

Community Manager

Hey guys, Justin Dewiel, your EA SPORTS Community Manager for the Madden NFL franchise, here with a short update on where we currently are with Franchise mode, and a look at where we’re heading. So many times throughout the year I get the pleasure of revealing features that you, the community, have been asking for.

Revealing our Offline Franchise mode feature set was one of those days. It’s no secret that our Franchise mode was lacking features that our fans expected. This community feedback was the #1 reason behind the renewed focus on Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12. For those of you who missed all of the details on the improvements/additions made to Offline Franchise, you can catch up on everything by clicking here: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/franchise-superstar-modes. I feel confident in saying that you’ll be impressed with the experience this year and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

Community is the heart of everything we do at EA SPORTS. We hope you’ve felt represented in everything from the Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote to the new features in this year’s game. Bringing passionate fans together, like you, is the focus of Online Communities feature that we’ll detail on July 25th. We’re excited about sharing more information soon and seeing what you’ll create.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/26/2011 05:51:45

[WWW]

[Avatar]

At leagueManager CEO Derek Adams has been hard towards releasing our content information for online franchise for the Madden NFL 12 cycle. Derek just posted the details here: http://myleaguemanager.net/index.cfm/2011/7/8/leagueManagers-Direction-and-working-relationship-with-EA-SPORTS-for-Madden-NFL-12-Online-Franchise

Please feel free to leave any questions here or on our site under the comment section.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2011 09:37:48

[Email]

[Avatar]

For everyone looking for an enhanced online franchise experience, be sure to read up and check out what we have going on over at leagueManager. We have been hard at work and have some very exciting announcements to make. Check out our latest blog post regarding this news from EA and the direction and working relationship leagueManager has forged to bring you the most in-depth online franchise experience currently possible.

http://myleaguemanager.net/index.cfm/2011/7/8/leagueManagers-Direction-and-working-relationship-with-EA-SPORTS-for-Madden-NFL-12-Online-Franchise

Preview from the blog post - leagueManager's Direction and Working Relationship with EA SPORTS for Madden NFL 12 Online Franchise

Over the past year my work on leagueManager has afforded me the opportunity to meet much of the EA SPORTS Madden NFL 12 management, development, and support team. I've been granted insider access to the development process and seen the stages the game has went through with my admission in to the EA SPORTS Game Changers program and during trips to the EA SPORTS Tiburon studio. Over this same time period I have been in talks with upper level management from the Madden NFL 12 team to work out ways where a collaboration and sharing of information between EA SPORTS and leagueManager could work to benefit the online franchise community.

It is with much excitement that I am able to announce that we have been successfully able to get a working relationship set up that has given the leagueManager team exclusive access to online franchise data and remote procedural calls. This unique collaboration with EA SPORTS, a first of its kind, proves the Madden NFL 12 teams dedication to providing an experience to their fans that hasn't been previously available. The Madden team has always been at the forefront of a new wave of community/developer relations in the gaming world through their leveraging of social media, and this is another step in the right direction in building a completely engaging fan experience. What this all means is that come Madden NFL 12, the leagueManager experience will be brought to an entirely new and innovative level.

Developer of leagueManager Online Franchise Tool
http://myleaguemanager.net
[WWW]

[Avatar]

Okay, Derek's post has way more information than mine does.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2011 09:28:02

[Email]

This stinks.

Year after year and it's the same garbage.

Community Manager

Badger52683 wrote:This stinks.

Year after year and it's the same garbage.

Obviously we wished we could have gotten to the Online Franchise portion of the game this year,but we needed to first make sure the offline experience was where it needed to be and after 100 new additions/improvements along with the numerous gameplay improvements, presentation upgrades, and the HUGE online announcement that we have coming on July 25th, we ran out of time.

Some of wondered why we didn't mention this with our offline franchise and that's because we were still hard at work in the development process and did not want to to make this announcement until we knew for sure what we'd be able to get into the game this year.

As I stated earlier, we are dedicated to improving the online franchise experience and I think the addition of Roy Harvey as the new Executive Producer of Madden should make you guys feel the same way. Just take a look at the work that has been done with Online Dynasty under his watch over the years and you'll start to get a sense of the dedication that the new leadership team has.
[WWW]

[Avatar]

Well I guess i'll buy madden 13 then. I will not be buying your madden 12 and will only be playing NCAA until you guys decide to release a good online franchise mode that has been ignored for years.

[Avatar]

dont work to hard you might over work yourself

mikefish3 wrote:I traded Curtis Painter for Tom Brady. Then I turned the game off.

What a joke. Last year you guys stated it wasnt going to be worked on because it was the least use game mode. Gee I wonder why, because it was a bush league attempt, thats why not many played it. Its really funny how you guys took a feature that was so rich in the past madden to

A. Not include it in Madden 09
B. Put a extremely gutted version of it in Madden 10
C. Claim it was barely used in 10, so will skip a year with no improvements in 11 but will be overhauled in Madden 12.

Now its being skipped again. Have you ever stopped and thought about why people didnt play Online franchise as much as the other modes? Would you play a mode that was put in as an after thought and a sorry shell of what it was in the older games? EA is very lucky to have the exclusive rights to the NFL or it would turn out like the NBA franchise. THANK GOD for league manager.

[Avatar]

Why did my post get deleted? I only spoke the truth!!!!

But anyways, don't work too hard guys you might hurt your selves, and I'm sure none of us would want that to happen.

[Avatar]

I can't wait until July 25th for the online features announcement!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/08/2011 11:10:10

[Email]

[Avatar]

Buck_i_Nation wrote:I can't wait until July 25th for the online features announcement!

That makes one of us.

The huge announcement is for spectator mode so you can watch the superbowl of the franchise no one is playing in

I find it hard to accept that a game as big as Madden has such difficulty in making additions people need.

Online Franchise has now been untouched since it's creation in madden 10.

At the time Ian Cummings stated that the mode was very bare with the view to a massive overhaul in Madden 11 and tuners during the season of M10.

We got neither.

As fans we waited patiently and have always given feedback with regards to what should be in the game and Madden 12 seemingly has made some huge improvements that have invigorated an apathetic fan base. The leadership changes are exciting due to the disappointment that was Madden 11, meaning that Madden 13 should hopefully go that step further in the creation of a realistic, enjoyable FOOTBALL experience.

I am disappointed not to even hear a fake promise like we got in M10 of server side updates to the game mode.

A few questions now:

Is it really such a difficult job to port over Offline Franchise's expanded rosters, even after release in a patch?
Likewise with the trading of draft picks?
Or how about Salaries (although I will wait til Madden 13 for that because I'm a patient and realistic guy and also because the contracts have been wrong on Offline for 3 years now - Sam Bradford = 50 mil GUARANTEED man, not 42. etc. etc.)

Your sincerely, a disappointed hardcore Online Franchise player.

Can you guys at least make it so that Online Franchise goes beyond 10 seasons?
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: