[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Titanfall Preload Error -- Missing Files?  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

Hello, I have been trying to download Titanfall via preload for 10+ hours now.
I first began at around 1pm. I didn't run into an issue until later in the day when it said that:
"Origin tried to write to a file, but it is missing. Please relaunch Origin and try again."
I have tried this many times and keep getting the same error message. It would start up again, and would look like it was downloading, but when the error continued to happen, it would just go back to its previous spot, at around 70%. No matter how long and how many times I tried to stop and start, it would just revert back to around the 70% mark, sometimes more, sometimes less.
I decided to finally try and uninstall and reinstall Origin. It started off smooth, just like last time, but then again, the error message popped back up. This time it started at 60%. I keep trying to stop and start, and even if it surpasses 60%, whenever I restart it just reverts back to 60%.
Sometimes I wont restart origin, but just "unpause" or continue the download and the same thing keeps happening.

I don't know what to do, customer support hasn't gotten back to me yet. Has anyone else encountered this same problem?

Having the same problem. I've been able to get to 70%, but just keep hitting the resume preload after the error appears.

Do you get to the unpacking audioi files part? Because im there and its going soooo slow.

i preload my titanfall just perfect at the start unpacking oudio files start slow then make more fast and i get my game preload good without any bug or problem

I have no idea what to do. I bought this game and I can't even download it. Customer service hasn't replied to me and its been 4 days. Anyone found a way to fix this?

BEWARE!!!!

I was finally able to get a hold of customer service. They said in order for me to download this game, I would have to disable my firewall, in its entirety!

If I have to compromise the security of my system, to do a simple game download that my firewall is preventing, this is raising major red flags! Especially taking into account the size of the game, 50GB. They refused to refund my money because I had already redeemed my code. I will have to just take the $60 loss, better to lose $60 than my identity though.

Something shady is going on, beware!

same problem here, crashes anywhere between 59 to 77%...

its bcoz U guys use wrong hdd system (i have such prob)
one of setup files weight ~11gb (fat32 cant use more than 4gb)
yw)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/11/2014 14:27:29

Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: