[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Titanfall Error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b...  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

I posted on the Respawn forums about this, but so far haven't been able to fix the issue. I've tried virtually everything with no luck, and so far as I can tell I am essentially without options aside from reinstalling Windows.

I'm getting an error message whenever I try to run Titanfall that is preventing the game from even executing. The full message is:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application".

According to my Google search for this, there seems to have been some people who had this issue during the Beta, but I can't gain access to the Titanfall beta forums now that the beta is over, and so I can't see what they had to say about the issue.

I've already done a great deal to try fixing this problem with no results. I re-installed Titanfall, checked my installation with Origin, updated my graphics drivers and made sure C++ redistributable was up-to-date, repaired .NET framework and checked my directory with a free program I know of (CCleaner), and even ran disk check with the full repair option on my HDD to see if it was an error on my disk; nothing has worked.

A system restore to the most recent date will NOT work in this case, as I had this issue during the Beta. I assumed it would be a problem with the Beta executable that would be fixed in the final version, and I did not know (as I now seemingly do) that this is an error that is originating on my end. I was never able to play the beta, and now that I've bought the game I cannot play the full version due to the same error. The beta was several weeks ago now, and a system restore would have to be at least that far back to have any chance of working properly. I don't want to restore back to that point almost as much as I don't want to even contemplate re-installing Windows to fix this error.

I've been using a program called DependencyWalker to attempt pinpointing the problem that is preventing me from executing, and although I barely understand the program or how to read any output from it, I believe it is essentially telling me that either Titanfall is attempting to open up my x64 .dll files as x86s, or somehow my local machine is running x86 files, which would be confusing to say the least. I can't really understand what it's telling me, and it seems to also be alerting me to additional errors aside from those, so I'm not sure if that's of much help in pinpointing this issue. If somebody can walk me through the steps necessary (and tell me how to read its output properly) I can provide additional information by request.

Hardware/Software:

Up-to-Date Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 installation
i7-2600k CPU, 3.4 GHZ
8 GBs DDR3 RAM
GTX 680 video card

Had the same problem and this fixed it for me. Hope it does for you as well.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall-Beta/Titanfall-Application-Error-0xc000007b/td-p/2339273

Second response.

I am having the same issue.What does it say to do in the link above? I can't view the forum post.

Posted a sour link, my apologies.

Here's what it says...

Download this zip file: www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/dlls.zip
Open the zip file and copy those files to your Windows\System32 folder.
Not sure if this will work for you, but it fixed my friends game. Good luck!

It worked for me when I did this, so I hope it works for you as well! All credit goes to user mrpunktastic. And since I'm terrible with linking stuff, here's his profile. http://answers.ea.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/8223015

Feel free to message me if you have any troubles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/11/2014 20:12:04

I have done everything that LardSnorkles has done and nothing is still working I don't want to reload my Windows 7. I have even tried the link and redid the DLL i can't figure it out.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: