[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Random Landing Area For The Ball Design Ideas  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Discussion with Mike DeVault

[Avatar]

Isn't this a really really old pointless argument??? come and have some fun with TIGER WOODS ONLINE http://tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/home until TW11 comes out

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

ps3.Polar___Ice wrote: Well an opinion isn't a fact. I'm not saying I disagree with your opinion though.

Agreed. I should have stated in a previous post "yes, that is my opinion"....

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.Cybrsnipr wrote: I dont think a circle with a "random landing area" is the solution we are all looking for. Nor do I want the Tiger series to be anything like Links. If you want more realistic scores than you are going to have to make the game more like real life. My solution to this is to take away the ability to zoom to the target. In real life you cannot see over trees, around corners, over hills and so on. You also (IRL) cannot inspect the landing area with a close view. If you take away the ability to zoom to target you just made the ability to hole out much more difficult. Just like real life.

Still stand by this. I do not like the newly added random landing circle. But i do like True aim. I would like True aim better without random landings. And I just wish that true aim could be played P2P.

On XBL they call me Scrummy

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.Cybrsnipr wrote:
Still stand by this. I do not like the newly added random landing circle. But i do like True aim. I would like True aim better without random landings. And I just wish that true aim could be played P2P.

I do. It takes laser lawn darts and throws it out the window.....it is about time we had a game that does not allow for laser precision with Golf shots, just like IRL.

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Odyssey White Ice 35" Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

[Avatar]

MAIN.EAcom Golf Tim wrote:
cem_ea_id.Cybrsnipr wrote:

I do. It takes laser lawn darts and throws it out the window.....it is about time we had a game that does not allow for laser precision with Golf shots, just like IRL.

You dont need a random landing circle Tim. The variable winds are enough IMO to stop all the holeouts. Too bad the variable winds are not available in P2P.

On XBL they call me Scrummy

I have bought 2007-8-9-10 and now 11. Great !! Question......this years fade & draw (manuel) is awkward and difficult to manuever for me at least .........maybe I am doing something wrong. Should I disable the manuel? The only issue I have........thks HC

Im hoping to make a pitch about 2 golf courses that should be looked into to be put in the game or in a download for it online. One of these courses is the number 1 rated course in the state of michigan up north by traverse city called arcadia bluffs. Its one hell of a beautiful course sitting right next to lake michigan on several of its holes and was rated #7 out of 50 for public golf courses in the United States. The second one i want to suggest is called wuskowhan players club. Ranked 4 in the state for some time and is nestled perfectly in the woods only a mile or less from lake michigan. (Wuskowhan was the first course in Michigan to be designated as an Audubon Signature Sanctuary, signifying its commitment to environmental excellence in the management of the land. In the design and construction of the course, all vegetation was either untouched or painstakingly restored to its natural state.) I think you guys in salt lake should really look into these two courses to bring some spotlight onto the perfect creations of some very beautiful courses that shouldnt be casted away in the shadow. Take care gentlemen feel free to contact me with anything todd_degarmo@hotmail.com

yup 7 hole outs in 18 holes.

I think your nuts dude ive played with and against the best and i never seen anyone hole out 7 maybe on 10 you could with a GS controler and a 1 wind but not on 11

Get rid off RANDOM landing circle and area for move tour pro and tournament mode! Totaly not necesary it is hard enought to get it straight with move alone. Then you think you hit totaly straight shot and see how random landing sends it off to left or right mostly in the green side bunkers on aproaches.

[WWW]

It's not a bad idea at all (actually a good one) on Move but should ONLY be a couple feet Not many many yards! lol

It should just be enough to make hole outs very very very very rare.

Drives could be a 6ft landing circle.
Irons could be a 4 ft landing circle.
Wedges could be a 2 ft landing circle.

That would be enough to add the tiny bit of randomness to the swing, and no more.

Like r1mar said when you actually do the physical swing it changes everything, you are doing the swing so the results should be what you expect.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/13/2011 09:31:00

Having played with the random circle, I think it's very annoying. and it LIES. especially on caddy previews.

THe real problem is the game often gives you more information than a real life golfer has. You don't know exactly how much that rough is gonna take off your shot. You can't pull out your laser level to detect slope in real life.

Instead the player should be able to pan the camera around at their feet, and get a look at the lie. You'd see the picture of the ball with the rough around it, but NOT get told the exact percentage. Make people toss grass and look at flags to gauge wind direction and speed.

Or perhaps give measurements, but make them a little less precise. That 95% could be 95.49999. It could be 94.500001. The physics would know, and no dice are rolled to determine where the ball would go. But your imperfect information would accomplish the same thing that that random circle would.

Off the tee, you'd get 100%. but you wouldn't know the exact wind, and the wind would vary a bit mid flight and move the ball.

[Avatar]

i think you should keep the random landing but add all live weather to online games an random green speeds an pin placement then guys cant map a green out ..... an instead of all the lobbys add a weather page so guys can check the weather of each course im sick of the crying this is the best tigerwoods game you have ever made i really hope you guys keep the game play

Join us on PS3
BEER ON TAP 5TH RANKED IN2013
EVERY MEMEBER HAS A SAY

I have been playing tiger since 2007, I have enjoyed many of the changes you have made, and hated some of them as well. I do have a few suggestions, and I am not sure how they will be viewed, but here we go.

1st. Tiger Woods should be a more progressive game, meaning, as you get better, things should get a little easier such as a straight tee shot, irons,wedges,and even the putts.

2nd. I believe my golfer from the previous year should move over all his attributes as well as his career standings and statistics, why have to reinvent him every year? And thank God the power boost went away, it was anoying to say the least.

3rd. The golfers should age in their careers, and their skills become a little more unreliable as the years go by, which is what forces the old guys onto the senior tour if they want to ever win again.You finally got the putting right, I was very happy to see that.

4th. when your in career mode, you should be paired with someone, and have to play with them and watch their score and shots, just like real golf. If you get paired with tiger, play the round with him just like you were plaing a challange, with the option to turn if off for those guys who like a fast round.

5th. The courses, can we not have to pay for the same courses year after year, I know it is revenue, but we paid for them once, why again and again? We would have like 40+ courses, and the variety would be a welcome change.I know. little off topic, but it needed to be said, I paid 70.00 dollars, and still had to spend more, ease up on the money grubbing.

Finally, I think all clubs should be equal, and that your skill points should go to the clubs as you see fit such as..

Driver max. distance at 100%
spin should relate to 360 degrees but should be minimal for a driver
accurancey max at 100%

What I am getting at is you start with a minimum amount and build it to 100% for each type of club, not using power for all clubs, each clubs power and other attributes would be seperate from one another. if you want your driver skills better than your irons or woods or wedges, you fill the driver first. of the tee, noone should be hitting 350 yards with no wind and no down hill, more realistict distances would be better. I believe skill points should come from the players ability to make the shots, not from clothing or a special club, or a ball. hit par get 5 points, hit bird get 15, hit eagle, get 25 , double eagle 50, cause they are rare, ace, 100, you get the drift. points for birdie streaks, points for coming in first place, a bogey should take a few away, as well as a double,triple or worse.

Thanks for listening, SCOTCH-DRINKER
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Discussion with Mike DeVault
Go to: