[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Payment Authorization Failed (Still)  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

Same problem here with BF3 Premium.

After all this time, i think it's useless to think they're looking for a fix...

Tried to buy BF3 and im getting this error

[b]Payment Authorisation Failed[/b]

I just wanted to reply here to tell you how I finally got the "Payment Authorization Failed" fixed.

Here's what I did:
Contact Live Chat EA Support and tell them to escalate your case (level 2) because your account might have a RISK or FRAUD flag. Make sure they add a note to your case about the possible RISK/FRAUD flag! This is important!

Before they do that they'll ask you the usual 'did you contact your bank to see if your CC is ok'... 'did you try a different browser' etc. Say yes to all (Only if you'r sure that this isn't the problem!)

I've got a mail from EA support a few hours later where they told me that my account is flagged for review and that they'll get back to me. Then came a second mail where they told me that my account was indeed flagged for fraud and that they fixed it.

I still couldn't buy BF Premium directly in Battlelog but the Origin store works now for me. No payment authorization error.

Try it and report back if it worked for you.

Guess they don't want anybody to buy their BF3 premium thing.
Or rather, they figure paying more money to somebody more competent than the bundles of uselessness at Digital River wouldn't be worth the few extra sales by the people who can't pay right now.

same problem here Payment Authorisation Failed any idea when this issue can be solved or there is other way to get premium ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/09/2012 23:33:37

[b]I also had this matter.But i called Bank and activated my VISA card to online payments.After that problem solved [/b]

Same here in my girlfriend account, we both bought BF3 LE without any problems, we bought BF3 premium without any issue, but she want the newest DLC for The Sims 3 and the new Sim City and just get Payment Authorization Failed over and over again, tried customer support several times, nothing was solved... Obviusly I didnt tried to buy with my account since my account doesnt have TS3 or the others several DLCs...

Edit: here in Brazil there is only one payment method, Credit Card, I tried 6 different, all with funds, none worked

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/11/2012 12:28:49

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hello MEberhardt,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please provide me the game advisor caseID?

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

The have been 4 support cases created in my EA account. Still no avail. All the customer care representatives are asking to wait for 24 hours for the order to be completed. It has been 4 x 24 hours without any resolution. The worst part is, the "Payment Authorization Failed" comes even before I have entered my CC pin. I have tried it on 4 different systems and also different CCs with huge limits. Each time, I contact cust suppt, I get the same standard answers: Wait 24hrs for confirmation, Reinstall system, check with your CC bank. I hope they change their standard replies and really start looking into the issue.

I'm not sure if the answer suggested by meccs would be of help. I haven't tried it though but Im sure most of the cust care ppl would not even know what that is.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My issue is the same, I am being told the payment authorization has failed something about a third party download, however, when I checked my bank account, it took the money out of my account, these charges are pending right now, I don't have premium, it cancelled my SW:TOR sub, but still charged me, I tried Premium twice and it took 104 dollars out of my account for it, when I tried to talk to someone he told me it isn't showing on your records, but it's still taking money out of my account.......

This is kind of a big deal, so people, make sure you're not being charged out of your account for this, because it's doing it to me it could be doing it to your accounts as well

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/2012 01:25:43

meccs wrote:I just wanted to reply here to tell you how I finally got the "Payment Authorization Failed" fixed.

Here's what I did:
Contact Live Chat EA Support and tell them to escalate your case (level 2) because your account might have a RISK or FRAUD flag. Make sure they add a note to your case about the possible RISK/FRAUD flag! This is important!

Before they do that they'll ask you the usual 'did you contact your bank to see if your CC is ok'... 'did you try a different browser' etc. Say yes to all (Only if you'r sure that this isn't the problem!)

I've got a mail from EA support a few hours later where they told me that my account is flagged for review and that they'll get back to me. Then came a second mail where they told me that my account was indeed flagged for fraud and that they fixed it.

I still couldn't buy BF Premium directly in Battlelog but the Origin store works now for me. No payment authorization error.

Try it and report back if it worked for you.

I followed him
and received these emails
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA regarding your failed purchase attempt.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

I reviewed your order history and see that your account has been flagged for review.

I have sent your information up to our store team for review.

Once I hear back from them, I will let you know.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Savannah B
Origin Games Expert
Electronic Arts

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

We have made a few minor changes in the system in regards to your information.

You may attempt a new order at this time. If you are unable to complete this order try again in 24 hours.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Savannah B
Origin Games Expert
Electronic Arts

Now I can buy again

The important is ask for level 2 support, not the case's note, my case's note is about BF3 failed purchase attempt

Good luck guys

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/12/2012 04:32:35

same issue here, contacting live support is a massive waste of time because no matter how many times you say something they either dont read or simply cant understand english.

The only sollution they kept offering was change the payment method despite me saying i've tried all of them except creditcard wich i dont have.

I just want to buy the damn thing 0_o

Ideal, paypal and click to buy all give the payment authorization failed ;/

sometime I just wanna say fk to some advisor

tul:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Atul how may I help you?
you:
hi
Atul:
HI
Atul:
How are you?
you:
I have problem with my account
you:
I can't payment
you:
Payment Authorization Failed
Atul:
I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I'll do my best to address your concern.
Atul:
May I know what you are trying to purchase?
you:
BF3 PREMIUM
you:
This problem has been bothering me for few months
Atul:
If you are trying to purchase BF3 Premium from few months
Atul:
?
you:
I already try change browser or change payment
Atul:
Okay
you:
No
you:
this time is bf3
you:
I use another account to buy
Atul:
Then I request you to please try to purchase from different pc and internet connection
you:
and move the game to this account.
you:
I very sure this is not my question.
you:
I find a way may fixed my problem form EA forums
you:
I wanna try
Atul:
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to this, but there is hardly anything we can do in this matter, as the games /games items can't be transfer from one account to another.
you:
Atul:
May I know your origin id?
you:
I don't very understand but this guy fixed the problem finaly
you:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Atul:
So, is your problem is fixed?
you:
not me
you:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/105/8207795.page
Atul:
Then I request you to please try to purchase from different pc and internet connection
you:
I I've tried before
you:
I make sure my account
you:
had been mark with a RISK/FRAUD flag
Atul:
Please allow me some time to find the information that you are looking for.
you:
np
Atul:
Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
Atul:
As in this case please contact bank
Atul:
Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you:
I never pay with bank
you:
just paypal
you:
because I bought speedboost with paypal. and EA NOT get the money
Atul:
Then I request you to please try to purchase from different payment methods (like credit card, visa etc)
you:
because this is the problem beteew EA and paypal
you:
the same queation.
you:
I use my roommate;s credit card
you:
have the same question
you:
I just wanted to reply here to tell you how I finally got the "Payment Authorization Failed" fixed. Here's what I did: Contact Live Chat EA Support and tell them to escalate your case (level 2) because your account might have a RISK or FRAUD flag. Make sure they add a note to your case about the possible RISK/FRAUD flag! This is important! Before they do that they'll ask you the usual 'did you contact your bank to see if your CC is ok'... 'did you try a different browser' etc. Say yes to all (Only if you'r sure that this isn't the problem!) I've got a mail from EA support a few hours later where they told me that my account is flagged for review and that they'll get back to me. Then came a second mail where they told me that my account was indeed flagged for fraud and that they fixed it. I still couldn't buy BF Premium directly in Battlelog but the Origin store works now for me. No payment authorization error. Try it and report back if it worked for you.
you:
this guy have the same problem but he fixed it now
you:
and tells others guys on EA FORUMS
Atul:
So, the post on EA forum has helped you?
you:
I wanna try
you:
because I can't buy any DLC now
Atul:
Okay
Atul:
As you are unable to buy any DLC now, I request you to please try to use some oither payment methos (like credit card, visa etc)
Atul:
Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you:
I already try credit card or visa
you:
the same question
you:
I can't buy anything form origin
you:
because the game I can go to EB game or future shop to buy box game
Atul:
I request you to please contact your bank in this case, as they assist you better in this case
you:
but the only way to buy DLC is on origin
you:
can you help me escalate my case
you:
because my account might have a RISK or FRAUD flag
you:
this is why I have Payment Authorization Failed
Atul:
I will definitely do, but first I request you to please contact your bank
you:
contact to bank is Unnecessary
you:
I let my friends Transfer the money to my paypal account
Atul:
As some customer has reported this issue, and when they contact bank, some of them resolve their issue
Atul:
So, I request you to please contact bank, if still the problem persiste, we are always here to help you
Atul:
We are available 24 by 7 to help our customers with any issue they face with our games.
you:
but why I need contact bank???
you:
my friends transfer money to my paypal
Atul:
Actually sometimes some error occur, and we don't know what is that
you:
So. What I should do?????????????????????????
Atul:
Due to the fact that you are continually requesting something that I have informed you is not possible, I will be disconnecting this chat at this time. Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/2012 12:36:33

I have also a problem during the payment, I have a mastercard and I'm French, it reassures me to see I'm not the only one to encounter this difficulty! I hope EA will shake your *! I want to be premuim!

I directly contacted Digital River with an elaborate email and also got

"We have made a few minor changes in the system in regards to your information."

(That is how I fixed it)
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: