[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
2012 ECSF: (5) Flyers vs. (6) Devils  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Talk
Poll
Who will win this series?
Flyers 63% [ 20 ]
Devils 38% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 32

M0RE x COWBELL wrote:Briere has had some down seasons due to injuries and obviously his regular season stats don't compare to the elite guys like malkin,crosby,stamkos,etc. But he had his seasons where he was top 10-20 and he goes all out when it counts. There is a reason why buffalo hasn't been the same since his leaving. Him in Drury were clutch in big games and have a knack for scoring game winners and clutch goals. Briere is a superstar IMO and I don't think people give him enough credit.

Briere is like the Hulk. Hes just your average joe during the day (regular season), but when things get important (playoffs) he transforms into an all-star.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

J-CAMPS wrote:Giroux. Zero even strength points in 3 games now...

TSN is speculating that he may be playing through an injury. Not winning faceoffs, frustrated, +/- -3 in the series, etc.

Team Captain
[Avatar]

kingsboy11 wrote:ha. poni got the game winning goal. can a devils fan tell me what he thinks of him(before tonight) becasue he did nothing when he was in LA last year

He is generally loved by the fanbase. He's really seemed to have rejuvenated his career and found his niche here. With you guys and with Pittsburgh, the problem was that he was being counted on as a consistent top-six player. He is a great depth player, but not a consistent scoring-threat. While he is playing with Zajac and Kovalchuk, he is definitely not counted on to be the game-changer on the team by any means. His job is to muck around and cycle, something I've loved from his game from his first game on out.

[Avatar]

calgaryflames wrote:
J-CAMPS wrote:Giroux. Zero even strength points in 3 games now...

TSN is speculating that he may be playing through an injury. Not winning faceoffs, frustrated, +/- -3 in the series, etc.

At this time of the year all players are injured....

And to the poni question, he was a total waste while in pittsburgh, they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

now back on topic, the most crucial game of the series is game 4 if the devils win it will be pretty much over, I expect for the flyers to come out on top of there game.

[Avatar]

"You can't tell other people to do it if you aren't doing it yourself."
"If it's not working, you're just not working hard enough."
- Mike Richards

[Avatar]

According to HF, this is the only somewhat interesting series.

[Avatar]

88Kaner88 wrote:According to HF, this is the only somewhat interesting series.

You dont need to read HF to know that, of course it is.

[Avatar]

SERIOUSLY GIROUX, you P.O.S...NICE HEAD SHOT ON ZUBRUS
you better get suspended

Zubrus dumps puck in corner
3sec left in period
late hit
blind side
head shot

and to top it off...Giroux smiles after, I now look at you differently. I thought you would be a Parise type player...NOPE

If thats not suspension, iunno what is...
yes im furious, its Zubrus..he may not be a 80pts player but the players love him in the locker room, and amazing downlow in the corners

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/06/2012 18:20:50

[Avatar]

Happy Birthday Marty

[Avatar]

[/youtube]http://youtu.be/XiLVsiQzQ-E[youtube]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/06/2012 19:21:22

[Avatar]

vid didnt work (coding?), but it was Giroux on Zubrus with 3 sec left

edit: Yeah, that hit

edit: Fun fact

Brodeur has the same amount of points as Giroux in this series. Brodeur has more Even strength points as well

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/06/2012 19:48:25

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

J-CAMPS wrote:SERIOUSLY GIROUX, you P.O.S...NICE HEAD SHOT ON ZUBRUS
you better get suspended

Zubrus dumps puck in corner
3sec left in period
late hit
blind side
head shot

and to top it off...Giroux smiles after, I now look at you differently. I thought you would be a Parise type player...NOPE

If thats not suspension, iunno what is...
yes im furious, its Zubrus..he may not be a 80pts player but the players love him in the locker room, and amazing downlow in the corners

I think you can agree Zubrus played it pretty well. Maybe a little over reacting just to get the refs to call a penalty.
I think Giroux was smiling because it wasn't a 'huge' hit to the head and that he was furious to get a penalty when zubrus made the hit look 10x worse. Just another thought

[Avatar]

Briere played good

High hit from "G"

Devs lead the series! Please can em in game 5!!!!!

Series over. The Flyers have no clue how to beat the Devils system.

[Avatar]

MrRussianRocket wrote:Series over. The Flyers have no clue how to beat the Devils system.

Well for one, why are the FLyers doing slow dump in...towards Brodeur, doesnt every NHL team know this, keep it away from Brodeur.

Besides that, its just the devils forechecking and cycling. NJ's not doing any of the scrums after the whistle, which probably agitates the Flyers.

Not sure whats going on with the flyers, but anyways I wouldnt ay it over. There are still games remaining and you never know. (Flyers vs bruins-2009?, Devils VS Flyers-2000)

anyways, lots of time left.
NHL Series  > NHL® Talk
Go to: