[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Constructive feedback about NCAA Football 12  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Tech Help & Feedback

Because im such a customization freak when it comes to NCAA, i think that adding more hair styles to players in editing/team management would given a much more realistic feel to the game and atmosphere. What inspired me was when I saw trent richardson during the iron bowl with his dreadlocks tied back, I think that the lighter-skinneded players should have longer hair and more visual hair through the back of the helmets.

1: First, when a team is in a dome, they should NOT be breathing cold air. Fix that

2: Id like to see much more crowd energizing rather than just at the 3rd down. Sometimes the crowd doesn't even get loud enough.

3: I'd like the stadiums to be much louder during bowl games and rivalries. Also having presentations for bowls and rivalries that have trophies at stake. If there is a team that has a small stadium and a big rival, id like the size and rival popularity to affect that.

4: Most stadiums have a chant or scream during their teams kick-off. Michigan says "Go!...Blue!" and the ever famous "We Are!...PENN STATE!!" pre kick-off after every Penn State PAT. Well once the ball is kicked-off, the teams, MOST teams' crowds usually say, AhhhHHHH.....Oooh! Well how bout specific team kick-off chants. Being an Auburn fan, for example, I'd like to hear "Waaaaaaar EAGLE!...HEY!!!" During the kick-off. The designers for NCAA series, I believe, should invest in researching a teams' traditions at the stadium on game day. For example, pre-game fan entrances, like showing traditions such as the Auburn Tiger Walk. Instead of doing the band entrance from an eagle-eye view of the stadium, or along with it, teams should be shown doing their pre-PRE-game traditions, i.e., Tiger Walk.

5: Celebrations in the endzone and mascot celebrations to be brought back like in NCAA Football 10. Also, just like your players get awards for thier performances at special positions, mascots should recieve the mascot awards for their performances. This should be done by determining how many times a team player celebrates with the mascot. This sounded better in my mind but it would be awesome if I could get elaboration or added detail for that. Mascots should also be able to pump up the crowd. Players on defense should be allowed to do more than wave thier hands to pump the crowd.

6: I have about ten (10) ideas coming yall's way proposing to be added to NCAA football 13. I may be weird but I'm syked,SIKEDD!! about this idea. Yall ready?!? Fan/recruit prespective. OH YEAH!!! This idea came to me when I was playing in dynasty and someone called me for something. I didn't wanna pause the game so I put the game at CP(computer player). Then after one play, the camera cut to a veiw of a few fans and I wondered, "What if, from a fan or recruit's perspective, I could watch the game? I could sit in the student section, nosebleeds,or even corner or sideline seats." You could choose where you sit as a fan, but get exculsive seating as a prospect being scheduled for a visit from a school. This couldbe used for if you just want to sit and watch a game as opposed to constantly playing. And whether your team is winning or losing, you can always switch back to user mode. How does this sound? Stupid, retarded, brilliant? I'm open to any thing. Happy Gaming. Keep checking for more of my threads on this subject, "NCAA Whish List", located in General Discussion forum.

7:Being able to choose the weather in dynasty. I don't like guessing whether it'll rain or not. A few features should be to use the current weather of the city being played in as a factor, and if possibe, let the players be affected by the weather. In a game, it should be funny during the first quarter, and then mid-way or at some point during the 3rd quarter, it should start to rain lightly and then pour down in the 4th quarter. This should be user adjustable prior to each game in dynasty or "Play Now" mode/exhibition.

8: Spring practice and scrimmage game during offseason.

9: National signing day. See next bullet point.

10: Prior to National Signing Day, recruits should be able to re commit from a schoolthey chose before they sign their letter of intent.

11: Weekly updates to "Toughest places to play" in dynasty mode should be added to add to realism. Also when the attendance, for example, for Florida State is a capacity of 81,000, and the average attendance fluctuates between 83,000 and 84,576, id like to see that when I play the actual game. Pre-PRE game traditions should be added. See next bullet point.

12: Before the actual pre-game entrance begins, the teams should be shown entering the pep-rally. For example, during the Auburn "Tiger Walk", the team and their fans line Donahue Drive, or whatever street, and cheer on the team as they walk to the stadium. Also, the post game traditions and celebrations should be added to the stadium for atmosphere realism. As stated before in the whish list, fan view and recruit veiw should be assocated with pep rallys.

13: During the offseason, the way I decide if a player leaves or not should be adjusted. Instead of putting the time to talk to the player transferring to a nother school, or pro draft, options should be opted to them for when they stay, like bargaining, promises, questioning there reasons for leaving and a time restraint should be set. At the most, like it already is, one (1) hour to talk to the recruits should be set for each conversation.

14: Add FCS teams. You should add teams like Georgia Southern, Eastern Washington, Delaware, Sam Houston, Harvard, Yale, and more that are a Division lower than that of the FBS in the NCAA or teams that are worth putting in the game. See next bullet point.

15: FCS and FBS teams should be swappable and interchangable in FCS and FBS conferences. There should be rivalries between FCS conferences and also an FCS championship. During bowl season, the user should be allowed to participate in the FCS tournament and championship AS WELL AS the BCS bowls and championships AS...WELL...AS... bowl week.

16: "Zombie Nation" as a song in the game somehow. Woah oh oh OH oh!!!

17: Bring in the REAL ESPN COLLEGE GAME DAY. YEAH, man!!! Let's have Lee Corso, Brad Nesseler, AND Kirk Herbstreet as announcers at a specific college when that college is hosting the game of the week. Of course this idea would be done throught graphics. The announcers fake talk and actual statistics and words come out of thier commentator voices, and have fans cheering and chanting in support of their team.

18: During bowl week in dynasty mode, don't just let the "home team" have a home crowd! Allow the "visiting team" to have a crowd cheer for them as well. But also, depending on the distance that each team's college or stadium is, that should reflect who has the louder crowd, whether it be the home team or the away team. For example, if Auburn and Boston College are playing the Chick Fil A bowl, obviously, and realistically, Auburn is going to have a much louder crowd and more fans in the stadium. Just a tip...

19: There should be a feature for custom stadiums. This should be used as a team's non-trademarked stadium as an alternate place to play in either dynasty or exhibition/play now mode.

20: I will go crazy if I don't see this: NEWER NIKE PRO COMBAT UNIFORMS!!!! I don't like seeing Florida, Oregon, TCU, FSU, or other teams' 2009 or 2010 pro combat uniforms. If any of yall have seen it, I'd like uniforms like the Georgia Bulldogs wore in their season opener game against Boise State and Boise State's uniforms from that game. I'm not sure why but that is all. And for example, bing back a team's ALTERNATE uniforms just like the Florida Gators' orange jersey's and pants. Bring back the UGA bulldogs' black.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2012 18:42:51

I think it would be cool to have recruits that have injuries in high school that may keep them from getting recruited by bigger programs. A guy with 4 star talent that has an acl injury may not get recruited by the big dogs but would be a good gamble by a smaller school. That way it could give smaller schools a chance at bigger recruits but they could also have the chance that the recruit blows his knee out every yr and flops, or could end up being a star. That way it would still be a gamble. It happens in real college football so I think it would be a cool edition.

I've been playing the NCAA series for years, buying a copy every year since 2006. Every year i'm dissapointed with how Tallahassee looks. I look at Atlanta, GA when I play against Georgia Tech, and it looks great. It actually looks like Atlanta.

I always play as Florida State, and Doak Campbell Stadium looks great, but the city, I just don't see it. I see a small building in the background, but that's it. I don't see how Tallahassee really looks.
Take a look at this picture.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/17/2012 12:19:58

i really like the game but one thing that really bothers me is that when im playing defense i knock the offensicve lineman on the ground but i can't let go of him and hit the runningback when he goes by. I think when you do this defensive move you should be able to get off the lineman because he's on his way to the ground anyway, he can't stop you from letting go when you're pushing him to the ground.

I have noticed a few things with the gameplay. For one, I'd say 99 times out of 100, if I drop back to pass and I then scramble my QB out to the right to try to find a receiver, the ref will call a Holding penalty. This happens very consistently.

Jumping. It seems that when I throw to a WR/TE that needs to jump for the ball, they never do. They expect it to fall into their laps. Other times, the ball is right there, it will fall into their laps and they jump (for some reason) which allows for them to either be tackled immediately, or to be tackled and have the pass broken up.

CPU Running - They seem to avoid the obvious hole in the line. When they do hit the hole and they have a lane toward a big gain, they seem to veer back toward the defenders to get tackled. That's nice, and I appreciate it, but it's not realistic.

Couple things I would love to see added on the NCAA Football 13 game. One, please fix the issue with the Play Clock and the Game Clock. I run a play, get tackled, they spot the ball and the Play Clock will start. Let's say the Play Clock is at :30 and I notice that the Game Clock is at 8:55. I should have until 8:25 to snap the ball. Without fail, I call my play with around :15 left on the Play Clock and the Game Clock will show something like 8:52. It's as if while I'm in the huddle, the Game Clock practically stops.

Also, along those same lines, just because teams are no-huddle, doesn't mean they snap the ball at 30 seconds every single play. That needs to change also.

It would also be nice if they showed you trying to get the right players on the field and maybe get penalized for too many players on the field.

Lastly, please give us the ability to SAVE the game while we're still playing it. I dislike that I have to leave the game paused and come back to it later, or just canceling the game to that point and re-trying it later.

Would also like some indication on the screen each time I come to the Line, regarding the wind direction and speed.

Love the game. In Road To Glory here are some fixes and wants for 2013
1. When a player on team gets injured for multiple games, Remove them from practice. My QB was hurt for 4-6 weeks, and yet he was throwing in practice.
2. Have a simulated draft result of all players at the end of season. If I am a QB, it would be nice to see if my WR's made it to the NFL. It doesn't have to show the team, but the Round and Pick #.
3. Allow player to enter NFL draft after junior year. I know about building attributes, but give us the option.
4. Show us Round and pick of RTG player and end of career.

Road to Glory Dynasty!
It would be awesome to have the same concept, but applied to a school. Play as your favorite team. Accumulate points with practice, games, media exposure, etc. These points can be applied to individual players, stadium upgrades, recruiting, etc. The important part is that all players can be given points just like road to glory. You have to choose which players you want to build, increase good players, or use for media and stadium. There will be limited amount of points, so you have to really decide how to use them. Players can leave after junior or senior year, so be careful not to use them all on juniors and seniors. Thanks for any comments or replies, and for reading.

[quote=the_conman_1876]I really enjoy all the new team entrances, but I would like to see better representation of the Texas A&M Aggies. Most of the schools on NCAA Football 2012 have their own custom entrance or have their mascots appear on the sideline. For instance UGGA the University of Georgia bulldog appears but not A&M's mascot Reveille. I would also appreciate the traditions such as the yell leaders or the team entrance under the replay screen and through the drumline appear in the next edition of this series. I truly enjoy all of NCAA football's features but I feel slighted when it comes to the representation of Texas A&M's traditions. [/quote]
I feel the exact same way. I do like how they're adding Reveille, but at least could you make them come out of the right side? And also, on kick-offs, the fans don't yell and say, "Gig'em Aggies!" any more during the game, however in the last edition I have, '04, they do. I guess I would like a better representation of traditions for all schools, not just the most popular cream of the crop ones like Texas(entrance, Bevo animal and mascot, and not cheerleaders, and all some schools get is a generic entrance?).

Also, make the screen on the jombotrons show a different camera than the player's camera, please. And some more pre-game and halftime flair. Show people flowing into the stadiums to their seat, or the band marching in. And not all bands march right before the game starts. Show instead of that the players scattered around the field warming up.
Also, maybe show part of a team's SPECIFIC halftime show, like A&M's block T. And, after halftime, show people at concession stands while tere is commentary about the first half going on.
One more thing that would be nice is for the amount of fans at a game to physically change throughout the season depending on how well the team is doing. If they're losing, not all of the stands will be full. If they're winning, the stadium will be overflowing and it will be noticeably louder. And, if the team is hopelessly down in the fourth, show the stands emptying.
Just some suggestions.

Glitches are the biggest problem I have with the game. People continue to use glitches such as the hb walk glitch in online ranked matches.

Please fix the blocking. I am constantly getting tackled in running plays while following my lead blocker cause he'll just run right past the pursuing tackler. or if someone is blitzing sometimes the offensive lineman will just stand there and hold his hands to his chest and watch as the blitzer runs right by him. i love the game but this is seriously a part of it that needs upgraded.

HUGE GLITCH HERE.

I'm sure this had to be mentioned somewhere else. I refuse to start out as an assistant coach anymore because this glitch has caused me a couple games. Ok so i'm the offensive coordinator. I have a 2 point lead in the 4th quarter with 40 seconds left. i run the ball on 3rd down to run down the clock and the other team should have no time left by the time my team punts the ball. But because i can't control my team on 4th down, the head coach calls a punt. instead of letting the clock run down as low as it can possibly go, sometimes it could even run out, he punts the ball after about 3 seconds and give the other team a full 20-30 seconds. to run some plays, and because i'm the O-Coordinator i can't even attempt to stop them. This has cost me the game so many times that i refuse to join any dynasty where you have to start out as anything other than a head coach. Please fix this cause i like the idea of working my way up, but it's no fun when you get cheated because the game lacks the artificial intelligence to do the right thing.

This applies to both Madden and NCAA, but I have a major problem with injuries. I have no problem with injury frequency. My problem is that the only people who are capable of being injured in this game are either ball carriers or are involved in making tackles. It is quite literally impossible for an offensive lineman to be injured in the game, and defensive players are injured far less often then offensive players, when, in reality, that's not true. Offensive linemen can get injured, believe it or not, and defensive players are just as likely to be injured as offensive players, whether they are making a tackle or the injury happens away from the ball. The injury frequency is just fine. In a typical football game, they are roughly 5 injuries per game. However, it's rarely the same running back getting injured 4 times in 1 game.

Also, assisted sacks are pretty rare in the game, but pretty common in real life.
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Tech Help & Feedback
Go to: