[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
tiger woods 11  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion

Is everyone having connection problems on tiger woods 11.
Is it just me or are all EA games the same?
The best thing is, if i traded it in the next person will have to buy a code so they cant play online?
Friends invite dont work at all.
Anybody having the same problems or have a solution.

[Avatar]

I get kicked off the server when I try to view Tournament History on my PS3. Other than that I have not had the mentioned problems.

Pro
No Caddie
PS3
Career Mode & Online

ps3.jrd69 wrote: Is everyone having connection problems on tiger woods 11.
Is it just me or are all EA games the same?
The best thing is, if i traded it in the next person will have to buy a code so they cant play online?
Friends invite dont work at all.
Anybody having the same problems or have a solution.

I get disconnected from the EA server 3-4 times a day.The only solution that works for me is to take it with a smile

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

I've been kicked from only 1 of 40 tourneys played. For p2p, we lost connection in about 1 out of every 15 rounds.

There is no question whatsoever that some people are having very few issues while others have issues far more frequently. Now if was completely an EA server issue it should stand to reason that everyone should have approximately the same occurance of drops. If it's a router setup or router incombatibility issue you would likely see some with frequent problems while others with proper settings have fewer problems. We've also seen people who adjust their router settings see diminished problems. If it was solely an EA server issue then adjusting router settings wouldn't have any effect.

I get it when people say, "well I don't have any issues with other games!". Appearantly TW has some strict connectivity settings not found in other games. The best solutions I have found are to follow the instructions in the manual and/or go to www.portforward.com . Good luck!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/xoblongx
EASPORTS GameChanger and PGA Golf Fanatic
X1-Oblong PS4-xOblongx (I Need NextGen Golf!)
[WWW]

xbox.Oblong wrote:I've been kicked from only 1 of 40 tourneys played. For p2p, we lost connection in about 1 out of every 15 rounds.

There is no question whatsoever that some people are having very few issues while others have issues far more frequently. Now if was completely an EA server issue it should stand to reason that everyone should have approximately the same occurance of drops. If it's a router setup or router incombatibility issue you would likely see some with frequent problems while others with proper settings have fewer problems. We've also seen people who adjust their router settings see diminished problems. If it was solely an EA server issue then adjusting router settings wouldn't have any effect.

I get it when people say, "well I don't have any issues with other games!". Appearantly TW has some strict connectivity settings not found in other games. The best solutions I have found are to follow the instructions in the manual and/or go to www.portforward.com . Good luck!

I haven't been disconnected of the TWO once, in the last 3-4 months. It's the same Ethernet connexion, the same ISP and the same people in the house. Now, when I say I am disconnected 3-4 times a day, it's not always when I'm playing a daily tournament. It also happens playing the Pros or a weekly. It also happens a lot when I'm not even near the PS3, as I the console is usually on from early in the morning to late at night. Often, when I come back to use it, I get the dreaded message that I have been disconnected from the EA server.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/20/2010 07:42:39

[Avatar]

i gave up the other night in a league tourney it just dis cons you when it wants to, i have no problem with other EA games just the TW11 even TW10 works better by a mile. I have a good broadband conection to 12MBDown 900kbs up, this is suposed to be next gen gaming we had fewer dis cons on the ps2 with 2mb broad band LOL.
This is a nother reason i dont play dailys any more get a few holes in get kicked or the game just freezes on me end of round dont get another chance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/20/2010 07:42:39

I would really like to play the daily (and weekly, if they would offer them) single try tournaments. But I've given up even trying. My disconnect rate is 2 out of every 3 attempts to complete a round in ANY kind of online tournament.

[Avatar]

xbox.Oblong wrote:I've been kicked from only 1 of 40 tourneys played. For p2p, we lost connection in about 1 out of every 15 rounds.

Obs,

Normally I would agree with you but what I don't understand is why there has been such a significant increase in disconnects between TW10 and TW11. I'm trying to refrain from generalizing, because that's neither good nor accurate, but how can I go from close to a 0 % disco rate in TW 10 to almost 50% in TW 11 when the ONLY change has been to replace one DVD in the drive with another? Do you know of any peculiar port forwarding requirements that apply to TW 11? (Unfortunately I had already checked portforward.com and I guess the TW series is not popular enough to warrant its own write-up.) My router has already been setup with the usual XBox Live ports forwarded per the manual and lots of other online references. Again, this is no different (for me) than what existed for TW 10. This is what I just don't get. I'm really not exaggerating the rate either. For example, I played last week's weekly TP at Whistling Straits and it took me 7 tries (yes, I counted) to get through four rounds. It was especially aggravating in one round because I was 6 under through nine and putting for a make-able birdie on 10 when I got disconnected. Never got close to that again.

Platform: XBox 360 Elite
Tour Pro Only

Capt. Jimmy Wilder: "Time to kick the tires and light the fires Big Daddy!"

Every time that I try to view tournament history, I get disconnected from the server and it is really annoying.

I'm just like BigDaddy. I can play TW10 all day long with no disconnects. Then, same PS3, same router, same modem, I put in TW11 and get disconnected more than half the time. I can't count the number of -7 rounds I've lost on the 11th or 12th hole due to a disconnect. It is hard to smile and be philosophical about it after a while. While I believe that there are many trouble free players out there, I also believe that there is a large number of people who have been suffering in silence with this problem - silence due, in part, to the intolerance of negative comments about TW11 on this forum. I like a lot of things about the game (True Aim is greatest advance this game has made in 4 years, IMO), but the inability to play online drags down my overall opinion of the game. If the EA developers are really concerned about the quality of their product (and the future of that product) then stifling the people who are having legitimate problems with the game does a tremendous disservice to the EA developers. And it WILL affect sales! I am a prime example. I bought TW11 for the PS3 because I liked what I saw and read about the Move wand to be released in the Fall. I would say that the primary reason I bought TW11 was to get the first person Wii experience with better graphics. But I will not be buying that Move wand now because of the shortcomings of TW11. Maybe another title with Move support will get me to buy one, but at present there are none on the horizon. Just to reiterate - the disconnect problem in TW11 is real and it is NOT getting better! Thanks for listening.

cem_ea_id.donnyh83 wrote:Every time that I try to view tournament history, I get disconnected from the server and it is really annoying.

I've been having this same problem for the last week.

Dave

PS3 (DLW1964)
Tour Pro
Caddy & Pins OFF!!!!!
Single-Try Only!!!!!

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.cdmattax wrote:I'm just like BigDaddy.

I really wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Tour Pro Only

I haven't been disconnected of the TWO once, in the last 3-4 months. It's the same Ethernet connexion, the same ISP and the same people in the house. Now, when I say I am disconnected 3-4 times a day, it's not always when I'm playing a daily tournament. It also happens playing the Pros or a weekly. It also happens a lot when I'm not even near the PS3, as I the console is usually on from early in the morning to late at night. Often, when I come back to use it, I get the dreaded message that I have been disconnected from the EA server.

Well dude its your internet conecion EA servers boot me once in a blue moon the only time i get disconected is if my modem decides it wants to reset its self get rid of your router and hardwire your ps3 EA and routers dont mix real well on tiger madden of FN4

[Avatar]

xbox.COWBOY16686 wrote:I haven't been disconnected of the TWO once, in the last 3-4 months. It's the same Ethernet connexion, the same ISP and the same people in the house. Now, when I say I am disconnected 3-4 times a day, it's not always when I'm playing a daily tournament. It also happens playing the Pros or a weekly. It also happens a lot when I'm not even near the PS3, as I the console is usually on from early in the morning to late at night. Often, when I come back to use it, I get the dreaded message that I have been disconnected from the EA server.

Well dude its your internet conecion EA servers boot me once in a blue moon the only time i get disconected is if my modem decides it wants to reset its self get rid of your router and hardwire your ps3 EA and routers dont mix real well on tiger madden of FN4

I apologize in advance but I really don't understand the point you're making. It's not my internet connection. It's alive and well during the EA disconnects as evidenced by the fact I retain my XBox Live connection as well as my internet connection on every other device on my network, and there are several. As to your statement that the PS3, EA, and routers don't work well together (if that's what you're saying...I really can't tell), I can't speak to that since I don't have a PS3 but I would expect many of the PS3 owners here would disagree based on extensive empirical data over the past few years.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/21/2010 07:24:35

Tour Pro Only

I have an Internet speed of 18.76Mbps dl, 1.78Mbps ul, an a 43ms Ping on my ps3.... I play Socom and COD without any connection problems. Only when I play NHL11 and TW11 do I get constant disconnects from EA servers. I am still online with my PS3 and any other online device in the house. Nothing else is interupted just my ea sports game that I am playing at the time. It sucks and is really frustrating and it ruins the game also for the friends that I play with. Idk what to do...
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion
Go to: