[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
EA survey $20 discount  XML
Origin  > General Discussion

So why is the survey site still giving out the promo code? I filled out the survey this afternoon since I was not in town over the weekend. I tried to use it and then I come here to find that I was not mistyping but only wasting my time since the code was dead before I even got it. This is just crap to be still giving out the code when its already dead. At that point it almost feels like false advertising or even a phishing scam to get me into the Origin store hoping that I will buy something even though I could not use the code. This is not fairing well on my opinion of EA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2012 15:23:28

[quote=swanm51785]Ah darn, I spent 3 days researching what game I should buy and I finally decide and the promo code is dead

Last time i read the legal stuff

THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF $19.99 OR MORE FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES. VALID IN U.S. AND CANADA. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND EMPLOYEES OF ELECTRONIC ARTS INC. AND THEIR AGENCIES/AFFILIATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. [/quote]

The thing with the legal stuff is is does not say they reserve the right to pull the coupon before the 21st. I have looked over the email and the end of the survey and not once does it say they reserve the right to end it. By still offering this, even at this moment, they are still just lying to us. This whole thing is just kind of a mess. Loss of customer confidence. If this is how badly a coupon for a survey was handled, what happens when my MoH pre-order gets all messed up? What reason do I have to trust that it will be taken care of?

I never wanted to get free games. Honestly, I didn't know about it until today. I wanted to buy a game for cheep. I wasn't even that upset about not being able to use the code. I was just going to send a ticket and see if I could get a new one or something. At that point I had faith that EA would take care of me. Then normally do an okay job at least fixing basic stuff. Now im getting quoted on Kotaku over all this. But I am serious. I have no reason to pay full price for an EA product. I spend $5 on a pack of smokes. EA purchases would be equal to the amount I spend on giving my self cancer.

The worst part about all this is that the Dev's are going to get hurt as well. I am sorry for that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2012 16:30:22

A similar thing happened to steam last year during the holiday sale. They were giving away games at random to users who had purchased in the past. Some unscrupulous users began using the charity HumbleBundle to get multiple steam keys for $0.01, then distributed them to multiple fake steam accounts so they increased their odds of getting the best games. It made steam run out of prizes much earlier then they expected. Rather than cancel the promo they offered additional valve games and coupons instead because they wouldn't have to pay their other 3rd party vendors to do so. That way their users didn't feel cheated like those honest ones among us do right now. Getting 50% off half life isn't a great prize but it made me feel better than getting nothing or being shut out early would have because there was still the chance of getting something you were offered. That made me respect Steam as a store a lot more and so as a result I spent most of my game money there this past year.

A response like that instead of the "everyone that abused the coupon can keep what the got and we are just going to shut out the honest people we intended to bring in" response that we all got, would have made me a lot less angry. There wasn't even an insincere corporate "sorry that we screwed this up." That doesn't show the same respect to your customers.

I surely understand why EA shut the code off, due to the madness of what was going on...
...but what about those who were going to wait until last minute - like myself, in case some better deals maybe hit - and could use the $20 off coupon then?

FIFA Soccer 12 (PC) was really one of the only ones I was eyeballing here (would've been basically FREE w/ that code), if I couldn't find anything by Oct 21st - since I own so many EA games already!

Plus, the servers all weekend were nuts - often slow, unresponsive, and whatnot. CRAZY traffic. Didn't really wanna deal w/ that, either.

We had legally until October 21st. Here we are, Oct 15th...not even close to that - and the code's dead. Maybe EA comes up w/ another code for some of us who didn't use it?

If nothing comes about...oh, well... [shrug]
Life goes on...and I'm sure I'll eventually even buy more EA games, down the line, anyways....
I'm such a game-addict...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/15/2012 16:35:55

It says October 21st, why is it closed early. Open it back up and honor what you say.

Community Manager
[Avatar]

Hi everyone,

Last week, we emailed some Origin users in North America asking them to participate in an online survey, and offered a promo code for $20 off their next Origin purchase in return for completing the survey. Unfortunately, due to some misuses of the promo code, we had to discontinue its use early before its stated expiration date.

We wanted to clear up the confusion: all users that completed the survey will receive an email soon (in the next 1-2 days) which will contain a new code for $20 off a purchase of any EA game on Origin priced $19.99 or above.

Thank you again to all users that took the time to provide us with feedback about Origin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2012 17:21:27

QforQ - Origin Community Manager
Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/samhouston

EA_QforQ wrote:Hi everyone,

Last week, we emailed some Origin users in North America asking them to participate in an online survey, and offered a promo code for $20 off their next Origin purchase in return for completing the survey. Unfortunately, due to some misuses of the promo code, we had to discontinue its use early before its stated expiration date.

We wanted to clear up the confusion: all users that completed the survey will receive an email soon (in the next 1-2 days) which will contain a new code for $20 off a purchase of any EA game on Origin priced $19.99 or above.

Thank you again to all users that took the time to provide us with feedback about Origin.

That's wonderful...but I never got an email to participate in the survey, and so now I miss out completely?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2012 17:21:41

[quote=EA_QforQ]Hi everyone,

Thank you again to all users that took the time to provide us with feedback about Origin.[/quote]

There it is folks. Enough said "Close thread"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2012 17:21:54

[quote=EA_QforQ]Hi everyone,

Thank you again to all users that took the time to provide us with feedback about Origin.[/quote]

This is great news because I did receive the survey via my email and I did fill it out I hope to see it soon.

[quote=swanm51785][quote=EA_QforQ]Hi everyone,

This is great news because I did receive the survey via my email and I did fill it out I hope to see it soon. [/quote]

I hope EA comes through and honors their promise they made to everyone who completed the survey. I'll be looking for this new email.

Awesome. I think you guys handled this in the best way possible.

Congratulations EA. You kept a customer. Within a day things have been cleared up...I'm sure some people will still be upset, but you saw our complaints and responded in kind. Well done!

u mm actually i did try to use the code over the weekend Sunday pst and was unable to use the code ,that said it would expire on the 21 of Oct, what poor customer appreciation i for one will never give EA Origin my support again, Steam has better deals anyway......

How come I never received a email for the survey??

[quote=juano10]How come I never received a email for the survey??[/quote]
Neither i, i did wanted to do that survey and use that discount code, but i haven't had the chance because i didn't recieve the message.

Is there a way to re-do the survey fo the ones who couldn't make it?
Origin  > General Discussion
Go to: