[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Base Game incompatible with Current SIMS 3 expansion Pack  XML
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Hi there.

You can contact Support via the E-mail Us link at http://support.ea.com to discuss replacement or entitlement options.

Regards,

-Big Guy-

Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Customer-Support/48228353146

Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/AskEASupport
[WWW]

I Love You -Big Guy-.....you saved the day with your words of wisdom. Thank you. I was in such disstress that I couldn't even sleep. I knew if I kept searching I would find someone to help soulve my problem and I did. BIG HUG! I have to say I am pritty pathetic for a 42 year old woman to be this into The Sims that I can't even sleep when I run into issues with it. But hey, we all have our things....this just happens to be mine.

hi
i had a problem with my game launcher about updates, an error messaage told me to update my game via game launcher because my expansion pack was not up to date with the base game or something. so i did that, when i brought up the launcher again it said the same thing and i couldnt get to the game updated it was gray and it wouldnt let me get to it...so i deleted my 2 expansion packs ambitions and world adventures...i got my normal sims game to work and when i tried to re-instal my expansion packs, the code was invalid and i did it several times i tried everything...i want to play my game with my 30 doller expansion pack..i better be-able to or i better get my money back iam sick of all these problems with this game..help me now or give me my money back!!!!!

Hi,

I have another question but it doesn't have to do with running the game from the launcher. I wasn't sure if I could still ask it here.. but I wanted to know why my computer shuts down after about five minutes of playing sims 3. It just randomly started to happen and I have no idea why. I would start the game then five minutes into whatever I was doing, the computer would just shut down. Can you help?

i have base game ver 1.14.11.007001
and i tried downloading the patch to update it from the list given and i got invalid file.. or something or other and it wouldn't let it install it

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Invalid File errors are typically caused by custom content; you will need to remove all custom content prior to patching.

-Big Guy-

Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Customer-Support/48228353146

Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/AskEASupport
[WWW]

I am so utterly frustrated trying to fix my sims3 that I've now spent 2 hours reading blogs and the admins suggestions and nothing has worked. I downloaded the patch the admin said to and now its telling me I have to uninstall a previous version for it to work? How the hell do I do that and please someone tell me there is an easier way to fix this so I can play already! Im getting the error message everyone else is gettin that says I need to update via the game launcher please help!

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE
I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD RIVERVIEW A FAIR AMOUNT OF TIMES AND IT DIDNT WORK SO I DOWNLOADED A GAME UPDATE AS RECCOMENDED AND NOW ITS NOT LETTING ME ONTO MY F***ING ACCOUNT
EVERY TIME I CLICK ON THE LAUNCHER IT SAYS 'Your sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher'
SO I CLICK ON THE GAME UPDATES TAB IN THE GAME LAUNCHER AND IT F***CKING SAYS I AM UP TO DATE AND IT DOENST F***CKING LET ME PLAY THE GAME!! SOOOOOOOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW!
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX THIS????? I JUST WANA PLAY THE GAME I PAYED MY OWN BLOODY MONEY FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really confused, I've installed both the base Sims 3 game and the Late Night expansion pack and they worked fine for a few weeks. Now whenever I try and play on the game it says that the base game isn't compatible. I've tried to follow everything you have said to everyone else about 'patches' and things but i'm no computer whiz and have no idea what you're on about. The game is a 12+ and that age isn't going to be able to understand this, even I can't. With Sims 1 and 2 we never had this problem. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the download manager, 'upgraded my patch' after looking at that 'skuversion' and it still doesn't work. I only bought Sims so i could play on it, not have to upgrade things every so often. I've paid money for the game and I can't use it.

Please help?
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion
Go to: