[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Hockey Ultimate Team for NHL 11 Impressions + FAQ  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

[Avatar]

After reading that, I have a question, haha.

If one of your players retires does he go back into a pool of players for card packs, or does he cease to exist? So if there were 500 Rare Crosby's and people played them until they retire would there only be 200 Crosby's in a month or two or would they refresh the supply?

When it rains, it pours.

The best offense is a good defense.

[Avatar]

WOAH I was trying to imagine a Morgan Freeman voice or James Earl Jones

"You can't tell other people to do it if you aren't doing it yourself."
"If it's not working, you're just not working hard enough."
- Mike Richards

[Avatar]

How does the contracts work. Do every player on the team lose a game on their contract if you play a game? Or does the player have to be in the game to lose a game on the contract?

I have one Ultimate Team goal as of right now: To get a Versteeg/Bozak/Kessel line

... Kadri will work to :p

[Avatar]

If one of your players retires does he go back into a pool of players for card packs, or does he cease to exist? So if there were 500 Rare Crosby's and people played them until they retire would there only be 200 Crosby's in a month or two or would they refresh the supply?

I'm not sre on the exact details, but I believe they do resupply. Also you could also use the Auction house to pay a card that was retired for you.

How does the contracts work. Do every player on the team lose a game on their contract if you play a game? Or does the player have to be in the game to lose a game on the contract?

The player must play.

I've figured it out... EA hired a pro scout to rate players... Unfortunately EA didn't know he was a pro scout for horse racing.

Roster Discussion thread: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9689902.page

[Avatar]

I posted this earlier:
I am not playing that. It looks very lame and will get old fast. It also is unrealistic with all the leagues together like that. Im very disappointed that this is the "secret" game mode. Very dejected. I was expecting something like Free 4 All, All Star Weekend, Winder Classic or a new Creation Zone, instead, we get this. Its like playing hockey cards on a video game.

[Avatar]

xbox.Shake N Baco wrote:

I'm not sre on the exact details, but I believe they do resupply. Also you could also use the Auction house to pay a card that was retired for you.

Do you mean that I could Auction it off and the person who gets it gets a replenished contract? If so, what if someone spent their money on Rare cards, but then only played offline and ignored the ability to Auction?

Also, (sorry to ask so many questions), can you play against a friend's Ultimate Team with your Ultimate Team through invites? And would these games count? (For two reasons, boosting, and taking away games from your players' contracts. So if it doesn't count due to boosting reasons does it still take away from your players' contracts?)

If there is any confusion in that rushed brainstorming session I just had I'd be glad to clarify anything necessary.

When it rains, it pours.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Shake N Baco... sent you a message on Twitter.

Do you mean that I could Auction it off and the person who gets it gets a replenished contract? If so, what if someone spent their money on Rare cards, but then only played offline and ignored the ability to Auction?

Also, (sorry to ask so many questions), can you play against a friend's Ultimate Team with your Ultimate Team through invites? And would these games count? (For two reasons, boosting, and taking away games from your players' contracts. So if it doesn't count due to boosting reasons does it still take away from your players' contracts?)

Not 100% sure on any of this. These questions are probably better answered by the vets of Madden & FIFA UT.

[Origin: LuGer33x] [Steam: LuGer33] [Xbox Live: LuGer33] [PSN: LuGer33x]

[Avatar]

posted this earlier:
I am not playing that. It looks very lame and will get old fast. It also is unrealistic with all the leagues together like that. Im very disappointed that this is the "secret" game mode. Very dejected. I was expecting something like Free 4 All, All Star Weekend, Winder Classic or a new Creation Zone, instead, we get this. Its like playing hockey cards on a video game.

While I'm I understand it's not something you want, this is a very popular feature in other sports titles. To be honest, I would much rather have HUT then all of your suggested features put together.

HUT basically feels a bit like East Side Hockey Manager. You have all the leagues to deal with, and really get to see the diversity of the hockey world.

If there is any confusion in that rushed brainstorming session I just had I'd be glad to clarify anything necessary.

I believe contracts are not replenished, and the players retain their stats. (Not 100%.) Also if they only play offline, I believe players do "regen" but once again I'm not 100% sure on the specifics.

As of the build we played, there was no way to play your friends team. With that said, it was my number one suggestions.

Also don't be sorry for asking questions, I WANT to talk about this mode.

I've figured it out... EA hired a pro scout to rate players... Unfortunately EA didn't know he was a pro scout for horse racing.

[Avatar]

I believe contracts are not replenished, and the players retain their stats. (Not 100%.) Also if they only play offline, I believe players do "regen" but once again I'm not 100% sure on the specifics.

So are you saying that you can auction your players off to people who might have cards that add to contracts?

Also, the video only showed a max of 7+ games to a contract (I think, I didn't analyze that part). Can you go into any details on those types of cards that are not player cards?

When it rains, it pours.

[Avatar]

When you add games to contracts does it make it so that he has more games added to retiring?

And do other players have different games before retiring ie. Doug weight has 15 hall has 30

Can players get their ratings up ( hall has A+ potential could he become from a lvl 70 to a evel 80

and can players contracts go up like after you add games?
thx btw stoked about this game!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/03/2010 18:34:02

''Cha-Ching PRICELESS!''

add my PSN account! coolkid673

[Avatar]

So are you saying that you can auction your players off to people who might have cards that add to contracts?

Also, the video only showed a max of 7+ games to a contract (I think, I didn't analyze that part). Can you go into any details on those types of cards that are not player cards?

Yes people could technically boost the contract of top players if they had the cards.

There is a limit to how high you can boost a player, but it depends on the player. For example:

Hall might have a 15 game contract, but a 90 game contract life. So if you had the cards, you can keep adding contract cards to make him have a 90 game career.

When you add games to contracts does it make it so that he has more years added to retiring?

And do other players have different years before retiring ie. Doug weight has 15 hall has 30

Can players get their ratings up ( hall has A+ potential could he become from a lvl 70 to a evel 80

thx btw stoked about this game!

Yes players have different years. Mike Modano may have a 10 game career, while Ovechkin might have 65 games.

Hall can get to 93OVR I believe, and all players have different potentials.

[Avatar]

Stemming from that, what if players reach their full maximum amount of games? I mean if you had Hall you could boost him to his 93, then keep using contract cards to keep him theoretically forever.

When it rains, it pours.

[Avatar]

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Basically you have two different lengths:

Contract Length: The current length of the players contract. (You can boost this.)

Career Length: The length of possible games they can play. (You can't boost this.)

So Hall might have a contract length of 10 games, but a career length of 90. You can make him play 90 games at most.

here is the most important question for me, can I make a team and play with a friend on my team? This was why I wanted some type online dynasty I have friends in England that I can no longer play on the screen with in the same room, if we could do it online it would be awesome.

[Avatar]

xbox.Shake N Baco wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear.

Basically you have two different lengths:

Contract Length: The current length of the players contract. (You can boost this.)

Career Length: The length of possible games they can play. (You can't boost this.)

So Hall might have a contract length of 10 games, but a career length of 90. You can make him play 90 games at most.

Okay, thanks a lot. So this brings me back to my question of what happens when the players reach their Career Length of games. So if Hall plays 90 games and retires, making him ineligible to play anymore, does his card get re-entered into packs?

When it rains, it pours.

NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: