[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Cyclic Redundancy Check Error During Install  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback

As an update: I am no computer whiz, but I realized, looking in my folder, that the file WorldCastle.object (in the caches folder) seems to be unrecognizable to my computer. I am not sure how to fix this, but at least (I think) that is the problem.

I chatted with an EA support staff member, and he recommended I uninstall the game completely, then install the EA Games Downloader (instead of the Amazon dowloader I had been using). It installed without a hitch.

I have the same problem it will go half way through the install and stop how do i get a hold of the EA staff?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/27/2011 06:23:25

same CRC error, disk install, hangs at "f:\gamedata\shared\packages\SASFullBuild0.package"

live chat support:

http://support.ea.com/app/chat/livechat_landing

the CRC error seems to be an ongoing glitch, hanging at the same place for everyone FullBuild.0

Chat support did not hesitate to help me, since I had the legitimate codes from a copy I purchased at the store. I was able to load the game with no problems at all with EADM, and have been playing since.

I have gotten this same problem with not one but TWO computers!

I even took the fool thing back, replaced it with a different copy, then tried it again--with the same results!

Oh, by the by; you cannot get your money back on this game BECAUSE of copywright laws. You can get the same game, but you can't get your money back once the package is opened......so WHO is going to make this up to me??? I have been a loyal customer since sims first came out, and really need someone to help me out with this!!!

I'm on a library computer, I'm a half hour away from the nearest department store AND I have to use the library (1 hour to use that) to get some help from. I'm very discusted and disappointed with this.

Bummed
Skye

Did you try the link I provided for live chat support? I could not get the game to install from disc at all, but when I verified I had purchased a legit copy (i.e. provided the code from inside the box) the chat support tech was very helpful and I was able to install from EA Download Manager with no problems at all.

So you need the download manager from the disk? And the code for the game you bought? And this actually worked? So If I'm not able to get my pc online, can I do the ea site download and it work? Is there securom on the main sites' download?

thanks

I got EA Download Manager here:
http://www.ea.com/1/download-manager
I contacted EA live chat support, told them the problem I was having loading the game from the disc I bought (the same problem everyone else is having). I told the tech support person that I even tried saving the game from the disc to my desktop -- that was one possible solution I had read. But there were several files that came up as errors that wouldn't save. She asked me if I bought the game and I told her I did, and she asked for the game code printed on the booklet in the box. Then she gave me the link to get EADM. Once I installed that (it was free), she put a digital copy of the game on there for me to download, and it works perfectly.

I think you will have to have your computer connected to the internet to solve this problem -- I don't know of any other way to do it.

I actually got that link, and talked to 'Daniel' for help. He insisted I needed to scan the pamphlet with the code on it, my receipt, with my signature on it-before he would help me.

I will try to get this yet. I have gotten the downloader (thank you very much for that), and gotten on the link you put up for us (again, thank you so much-you're an angel for helping!).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/13/2011 12:27:03

Sadly my computer is not compatible with the Sims Medieval.

Alex assured me that when I send my package back, they will send me an unopened one and I can take it back to get my money back for this game. We tried, but to no avail.....*drama*

thanks anyway for your help. I will just have to learn how to do some of this with Sims 3 and go from there!

thank you,
Skye

I'm having a similar, but not identical problem.

Posted about it here
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5590802.page

i'm getting an error when I install the game." Error: data error (cycle redundancy check)" I have just ran my systems disk defragmenter as suggested, and I still get this error upon attempting to install the game. What else can I do to fix the issue?

I dont know if this applies but it might help:-
for quite a while i was having many crc errors whilst loading 'the sims 3 and various expansion packs untill it got to the point when the game crashes so frequently that i thought i had a virus. every time i removed and re- instlalled the gams the crc errors increased.
\in desperation, i ran my computer's self diagnosis program that was on the cds supplied with the computer.
this picked up some faults with my computers random access memory. the faulty parts were replaced
after this the game installed perfectly with no crc errors (the first time this has happened since i bought the game,) which now runs perfectly!
so it was not ea's fault at all

hopes this helps

pete
The Sims Medieval  > Questions and Feedback
Go to: