[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
New Sweaters for 2010-2011 Season.  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Talk

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.SirPsychoT wrote:

The Leafs are the first team to release their new sweater.
HOME

AWAY

There hasn't been an offical announcement yet. Those jerseys were fan made.

LINK: http://leafshq.com/2010/06/05/leafs-new-uniforms-for-2010-2011/

gamertag: Dakinkinmahair

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.TRIXareforKIDS2 wrote:
xbox.stevio51 wrote:
cem_ea_id.TRIXareforKIDS2 wrote:What the hell did they just add two lines to the bottom and put a leaf on the shoulder so much for a new jersey.
Well Nashville is getting new jerseys.

It's just their 3rd right now dont know their away jersey.
Whats up with so many laces in the jerseys it looks so bad and plus most people dont even tie it anyway.

how is that any different from their 09-10 3rd jerseys

No it replaces their current home jerseys and they are getting a new away jersey but its probably going to be similar to their new home.
The checkered pattern is real they wore it this year I feel like I am the only one who liked the silver on the jersey.

I like this jersey, I don't really understand the checkerboard design though. But I do mildly like it.

Team Captain
[Avatar]

thanks for the explanation
and yeah the checkerboard was on last year

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.sidcrosby8787 wrote:
cem_ea_id.sidcrosby8787 wrote:jersey* not sweater

In hockey it's a sweater not a jersey, baseball players wear jerseys, basketball players wear jerseys, football players wear jerseys, hockey players wear sweaters.

if it were a sweater it would be wool/cotton and go over your neck

You must not know any history about hockey. Technically today they are uniforms/jerseys but are still called sweaters.

Anyways I really like the looks of those Leafs sweaters.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/08/2010 16:55:50

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/336600.page

^ Wrote that for NHL 11, still holds true for improvements to future NHL titles

cem_ea_id.Boondock-Saint17 wrote:
cem_ea_id.sidcrosby8787 wrote:
cem_ea_id.sidcrosby8787 wrote:jersey* not sweater

In hockey it's a sweater not a jersey, baseball players wear jerseys, basketball players wear jerseys, football players wear jerseys, hockey players wear sweaters.

if it were a sweater it would be wool/cotton and go over your neck

You must not know any history about hockey. Technically today they are uniforms/jerseys but are still called sweaters.

Anyways I really like the looks of those Leafs sweaters.

I like to say jersey because if the Devils do get a new uniform one day then I can say there is a New New Jersey Jersey and that is not a mistake. Yes I'm corny. Most hockey announcers say sweaters though.

[Avatar]

If you look at the bottom lines they are jagged, if you look at the leafs on the shoulders they don't go with the folds and they don't control the folds as a TRUE PATCH would...thus I would say these are photoshopped and wouldn't think much of it! The shoestrings are the same in both jerseys as are the leafs... these would fold/roll/lay differently if they were REAL jersey's!

I've seen some Buffalo Sabres fan created that are awesome... back to the stylish buffalo and black/white/red/grey!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/08/2010 17:24:22

PC>PS4+Xbox One
[WWW]

[Avatar]

xbox.DaKinkInMaHair wrote:

The Leafs are the first team to release their new sweater.
HOME

AWAY

There hasn't been an offical announcement yet. Those jerseys were fan made.

LINK: http://leafshq.com/2010/06/05/leafs-new-uniforms-for-2010-2011/

Yeah, but this is basically going to be what they look like based on an article that came out recently that explained what the jersey/sweater was going to look like. Although I'm sure that on the real jersey/sweater the lines won't be too seperated.

Also Dion is supposed to be named the captain at the unveiling on june 15th.

Club Name: The Puckaholics(X360)
Go Leafs Go!

[Avatar]
Location: Pittsburgh, The City of Champions...and the Pirates

MAIN.PuckFulsGod2u wrote:If you look at the bottom lines they are jagged, if you look at the leafs on the shoulders they don't go with the folds and they don't control the folds as a TRUE PATCH would...thus I would say these are photoshopped and wouldn't think much of it! The shoestrings are the same in both jerseys as are the leafs... these would fold/roll/lay differently if they were REAL jersey's!

I've seen some Buffalo Sabres fan created that are awesome... back to the stylish buffalo and black/white/red/grey!!!

Those are sweet, but I much prefer the blue and gold color scheme they have now...just my opinion though.

GO STEELERS, PENGUINS, AND PIRATES!!!!!

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.PhantomJB93 wrote:
MAIN.PuckFulsGod2u wrote:If you look at the bottom lines they are jagged, if you look at the leafs on the shoulders they don't go with the folds and they don't control the folds as a TRUE PATCH would...thus I would say these are photoshopped and wouldn't think much of it! The shoestrings are the same in both jerseys as are the leafs... these would fold/roll/lay differently if they were REAL jersey's!

Those are sweet, but I much prefer the blue and gold color scheme they have now...just my opinion though.

my favorite color trifecta is red/white/black...so it's no surprise I like this concept... I'm not a fan of baby blue or anything but like a dark navy blue (rare) but the worst part about buffalo is that ErTaR3D SLUG! that's the dumbest thing ever... and if I was a buffalo fan I would have gone on a boycott! If they modernized the old sabres crest with a new buffalo I might like it... and by modernize I don't mean 'slug'

I didn't put much effort time into this, but it gives you the general idea

change the color scheme to blue/yellow and I'm good with it!

Out with the SLUG!!!

PC>PS4+Xbox One
[WWW]

This is the actual one it has 2 stripes at the bottom not one.

[Avatar]

I would like to see LA's 3rd as their home, and possibly a white version of it for road or keep same road..

"You can't tell other people to do it if you aren't doing it yourself."
"If it's not working, you're just not working hard enough."
- Mike Richards

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

MAIN.PuckFulsGod2u wrote:
cem_ea_id.PhantomJB93 wrote:

my favorite color trifecta is red/white/black...so it's no surprise I like this concept... I'm not a fan of baby blue or anything but like a dark navy blue (rare) but the worst part about buffalo is that ErTaR3D SLUG! that's the dumbest thing ever... and if I was a buffalo fan I would have gone on a boycott! If they modernized the old sabres crest with a new buffalo I might like it... and by modernize I don't mean 'slug'

I didn't put much effort time into this, but it gives you the general idea

change the color scheme to blue/yellow and I'm good with it!

Out with the SLUG!!!

Agreed about the slug, had to go, and I did always like that Buffalo head logo but prefer the one they are using now. I agree about the best color combo being Red/White/Black (hawks fan) but at that point too many teams where using it, Hawks, Devils, Sabres, Flames, Senators, Carolina. Wish teams owuld go back to what they were using, the flames looked fine and red and yellow and it was unique, same with the Sabres in blue and yellow, why didn't the Hurrincanes keep the green and blue of the Whales logo? Wish teams would go with what they used in the past or went with something unique not black or red.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.sidcrosby8787 wrote:if it were a sweater it would be wool/cotton and go over your neck

I wish sweaters were still made of wool. They look much nicer than polyester.

NHLPA '93 will always be the best hockey game until I can make heads bleed.

[Avatar]

ps3.SCARFACE9O9 wrote:I would like to see LA's 3rd as their home, and possibly a white version of it for road or keep same road..

I obviously like the colors a lot better on the thirds, purple and black just mix poorly. Their current thirds are kinda poorly designed, a lot of reebok influence with no rhyme or reason on the striping. stripes cross over eachother, the waist hem stripe is much thinner than the arm stripes (major hockey design fauxpaux until reebok said it was ok). I just think the gretzky era crest on the front was much nicer that new modern LA crown badge thing.

NHLPA '93 will always be the best hockey game until I can make heads bleed.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

ps3.SCARFACE9O9 wrote:I would like to see LA's 3rd as their home, and possibly a white version of it for road or keep same road..
'

Would definitely be one of the changes I would make if I had the power, the Gretzky days Kings sweater where great looking, plus I can't stand purple, not a manly color.

[WWW]
NHL Series  > NHL® Talk
Go to: