[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Pirates & Nobles first impressions.  XML
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square

SOME SPOILERS are listed in my opinion down below.

I am having a blast with this expansion. I have already got the ambition to plat. I noticed that kids now can wear pirate hats!!! I have gotten some unique things just treasure hunting with shovel..there is glue you need to glue those pieces together I have gotten some on my treasure hunts. I adore the outfits available at first ..not all have swords next to them. I love the cool outfits you get when you pick pirate side, have not done the noble side yet to see if there is anything cool the noble give you in clothes. I know as a pirate you can change your title, so you can be a pirate...lol
There is a lot of different things your wizard can now do...>.> No won't spoil it. I also heard in an interview with that EA guy that you can unlock things like you did in the base by gaining achievement points. There are a lot of new weapons, dailies, and some new things your hero can do. There are different parrots and falcons you can purchase at the village store. There is one thing the EA guy said about a certain thing you obtain in treasure hunting you could interact with it, but I haven't been able to yet...>.> It is adorable though.

I feel that just doing the pirate side was worth the money, now I will eventually get to the noble side, but I MUST play out my pirate heroes..lol to see what things that can be done, it is an adventure that is for sure just the one side even after you stop the war on the pirate side there is still so much more to explore!!! Oh yes..maybe it is me because I am enjoying myself soooo much. But it seems you get the plat for each hero quest quicker!!!

Off to explore more...and don't forget you have achievements to get a title (like the watcher titles). I find the birds great now if they would give me a coach, cart, horse, ox, or something that it doesn't take two or three hours just to get somewhere so I can have more time to allow my heroes to treasure hunt and explore more (Yes I use teleport cheat..lol takes too long for them to get anywhere).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/31/2011 15:23:17

[Avatar]

Sweet! That adorable thing must be the baby pit beast they were talking about in the demos.

I'm really happy to hear about the special recipes working. And how much fun it is!! If you run into any bugged quests, please post about them! Knowing a quest has a bug prevents a different kind of spoiling

check out my Medieval Sims Blog at http://enkelisim.wordpress.com/
[WWW]

Starting to play and having a great time. Cannot for the life of me, figure out how to read the War Crimes Docket in the Monarch responsibility. Anyone else? Also for my parrot to attack, does the target have to be in the castle?
No cheats or tips online yet and I'm shirking my responsibilities left and right, trying to figure them out.

[Avatar]

The war crimes docket will be in our inventory. Click on it then you will be able to read it.

[Avatar]

Thanks kleineweber, but no matter how I try I cannot get it to store the photos. It takes a snapshot but when I go to the folder no pix. Even if I search the computer, no pix. Bummer!

Also, thanks Srikandi, I am going to try that, if it's for the Mac that is...

Gandaalf , I did a little googling. It says to take a screenshot on a mac press CMD shift 3 or 4. You can also press command-control-shift-3 (or 4) and save to a clipboard.

Also from google, says mac lion has issues with people not being able to find their screenshots and recommends something called sharpshooter.

I don't have a mac so am just reading this from googling it. Hope you figure it out though! Would be nice to see your screenshots. I went ahead and ordered from amazon yesterday instead of going to best buy. So now I get to wait about a week for my P & N. Oh well, I don't mind waiting, it gives me a lot of time to prep my computer.

edit: I can only get to page 2 of this thread from the main town square page, not page 1 of the thread.

sorry I just noticed your screenshot question under "questions and feedback" guess I should've put this there.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/31/2011 12:17:24

[Avatar]

Thanks zorba!!

I already knew about the default Mac screenshot key combos, but I did NOT know there was a Lion issue. Thanks for making me aware of that.

Coincidentally, Apple asked me to beta a new patch for Lion yesterday but I declined. I just didn't want to put my system in too much jeopardy. I could have done it as I have a separate bootable drive but the hassle would be enormous.

I appreciate you going out of your way for me though, that was VERY nice of you!

[Avatar]

OK, so I downloaded the doorway arch file and they say on that page it is for both platforms but for the life of me I can't find out where it goes. I have a Mac and it's an EXEC file so I would assume it's for the PC.

Anyone?

This game is alright.

Cons:

The quests are too buggy. Out of like 6 quests that I've done 3 of them have been bugged.

Pros:

Cool new themed items. Different types of birds which are used as pets. "Noble types" can be sent hunting. "Pirate types" can be sent treasure finding. The new clothes are nice as well.

When buildings are placed you now have the option to have them be empty with starting funds to customize them from the start.

Some camera bugs have been fixed. For example, you can no longer back out of a building forcing you to reload the inside. This means that you can only move the camera so far away from the building now and it won't put you into the World view.

ThePigsGoMoo wrote:This game is alright.

When buildings are placed you now have the option to have them be empty with starting funds to customize them from the start.

That was in the original too , just chose the unfurnished option and it only gives the bare necessities for the hero needs for its profession, heh.

Gotta say it is indeed pretty fun, and there are new daily profession quests as people have mentioned, you can tell them easily as they'll have a "pirate icon" next to it, and so far they all seem to be multi-tiered, however, I've only encountered 2 (the monarch one which actually was interesting on the War Crimes Doc) and one for your Knight based on the "noble" side if you go that route (which wasn't as interesting)..

Basically as mentioned already if you enjoyed Sims Medieval for what it was, then you'll enjoy this, but if you didn't like the way Sims Medieval was built upon you probably won't enjoy Pirates & Nobles, but it is a step in the right direction for the development team working on this particular franchise of the Sims.

Just hope it's profitable enough for them to churn out more Adventure Packs, and they flat out need a new world, the fact that this ambition literally gives you the same world as all other ambitions is rather disappointing to me.

I started a new kingdom and I am also playing a finished, populated kingdom. So far, not much in ways of "money-wise" play.

I love the opening and I will tell you why. None of the Sims games as of yet has actually had a complete change in their opening screens when a pack comes out. Also it adds a nice touch or novelty to the series, that I hope is a good long one.

The actual male clothes are horrible in my opinion. I know you can piece together what you want using the colors and patterns but I expected more clothes and I expected better looking clothes. I have only played with the male clothes so far, but there it is.

So far, what Pirates And Nobles seems to be is a "stuff" pack of the regular Sims games but you have to spend $10.00 more than the average stuff pack price of $19.99.

That is what it seems like me. Hopefully as I play along further I am wrong.

It's funny but I've been thinking it would be cool to have a medieval stuff pack.

i found it made it a bit more interesting. The new quests actually add some uniqueness to the playing. So for awhile i am totally enjoying. Like the new stuff, expecially the clothing. That chair is halarious, each sim reacts differently to different tortures. so its totally halarious.

[Avatar]

I miss the monologue by Patrick Stewart I don't care for the cut scene at the beginning, but I do love the screens during the loading process. They're lovely.

I haven't played much yet, mostly I was decorating! I love the new wall and floor styles. It's quite fun to make a pirate themed place I didn't think I would like that at all because I'm totally into modern and contemporary styles, but I'm having a lot of fun redecorating.

As for the gameplay--I love the birds They're awesome. Digging for treasure is fun also, and I look forward to finding really neat things. Interrogating is very fun, but I'm not very good at it. I seem to be a bit too harsh on them, but the screenshot opportunities are fantastic!

I haven't played enough to say more, but I love this adventure pack a lot and it has already been worth the money

check out my Medieval Sims Blog at http://enkelisim.wordpress.com/
[WWW]

[Avatar]

Just picked up P&N today, have not installed it yet... so I have nothing to add for now.

Under the Arkovian Sky http://underthearkoviansky.blogspot.com/
The Sims Medieval  > Town Square
Go to: