[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Online Server Announcement  XML
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games

Is it possible to get a patch out that makes all the changes (stamina drain, block, Allistair and a few other people's stats, etc.) permanent so I can continue to play the game with my friends even after the servers are taken down?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/19/2012 14:11:48

One of the only games I enjoy playing online with a commited group of friends/family. UFC games have the roster but the gameplay doesn't compare. Someone finally makes a control scheme for MMA that rocks and the game isn't going to be supported for online play anymore. EA this is an EPIC fail. You could afford to keep a server running since it's is such a small percentage of your business. Someone launch a Kickstarter campaign to fund one PLEASE!!

Is there someway a private company/individual could have a server for MMA.

Whhhhy? this game has been so great, i still want my plat. too. Infact id perfer this game so much more then ufc just because its more of a mma game then ufc will ever be. If your bringing us this news atleast make a second game to this. Id buy it.

So why did EA or the mods delete my post?

I will ask again. For those that recently purchased on-line pass or other mp based options for this game and others... are you going to refund that money? Just because you have a TOS that could allow you to steal the souls of those who check the box, it does not give you the right to be continually and morally bankrupt in your treatment of honest people who thought they were buying a service that would be there more than a few weeks or month.

An honest company would have done two things:
#1 - Made the announcement with 6 months lead time.
#2 - Posted a disclaimer specifically stating the service would end in 6 months when an individual goes to buy it.

If the above two are not satisfied, then the honest thing to do is refund everyone who bought services 3 months prior. Otherwise it's like selling candy to a child, and then taking it back right after he starts to eat it (and yes, kids use their allowance to buy stuff on Xboxlive). This dishonest attitude it why EA got the "Worst Company in the US" award. Not because you're the worst as you're not. You also make excellent games and have wonderful people working at EA. The problem is the executive leadership appears to have know nothing but scarping every last penny out of kids and adults who like to legitimately play games.

Preston - I respect you as a developer, a hard-working on at that. I would not think you'd have deleted my post yourself, so I ask you to do some research into why legimate, literate, applicable, non-trolling, upstanding (no swearing either) posts are being removed.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/04/2012 13:42:36

I was going to buy this game a few hours ago on my ps3, and then I decided to search a little more, and I found this tsk. Whats the life term of the servers? 2 years? Now I think I will download fight night champion but first I would like to know when the server will shut down? Where can I check that?

Yes but you have to understand something server are not cheap they coast money and ea sports should do something like keeping your account will cost you 20.00 bucks a year or less then that to would keep the server online it's not they don't want to. it just the way it is yes it sucks you pay 60.00 bucks for a game and in one year the server shut down. the only thing i can say is stop buy stuff from ea sports if you don't like it. Also if they are going to make a game they should not put a storyline in it where you go up the ranks it should just be online play only where you train and then fight and then movie up the ranks that way and not give your created person a read belt or a green belt just do it by how many Exp points you have and i also think there should be no buttons you should be able to use the analog to fight.pressing a but is way to easy it should be like real fight.See in my eyes why let the engine code do it for you that is not fighting at all. analog is more harder then ever and if you are real fighters you should be able to use that with no problem what so ever.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 04/09/2012 01:16:51

The first game I ever had to buy an online pass for, where did all that money go. Way to go EA, your a bunch of no good greedy liars.

How is anyone lieing to you if you bought online pass which you shouldnt have if you didn't buy the game for used. because once you buy a game used the only pass is already been register to one account so why is EA sports liars for that was your own fault for buying a used game

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/2012 16:20:55

I'am very disappointed about EA decision to fully stop supporting MMA

online. May be a good commercial desicion but a bad desicion for its customers. Ok,

its not the most popular game, but this is the kind of actions why customer

loyalty is lost.

I personally buyed this game some months ago to play it Online with a bunch

of friends, but EA didn't gave us even enough time to enjoy it. It a shame,

as this is an excellent game (even not that popular) and there is not even a

sequel to buy. If I remember well was this game wich actually featured EA's

Online Pass, a system EA's own Online Pass site states is meant to extend

the life of its products. In MMA's case, the online "life" lasted for a

little over a year and a half. Shame on you EA !!!

Now we are seriously asking ourselves if it is "safe" to buy any other EA

title in the future, as the company will probably take the same kind of

actions, only based on their commercial advantage, and not in what is good

for their customers.

Going a little more technical I was thinking if there is any possible way I

can create a local server with some basic online functionality, so I can

host an online game and continue playing with my friends. May be that EA

should have left at least this kind of basic functionality to the game, but

as even this may not be good from their commercial viewpoint, perhaps they

can provide us with a tool to do it ourselves, or explain how to set up this

kind of service.

Power to the gamers !!!

Hey, Preston i would like to thank you for the opportunity to play this fantastic game! I have never dedicated so much of my life to a video game. You guys did a fantastic job in creating the most real MMA game present to date.
Thanks man,
soupneck852 PS: Im sorry i let you down in the R2G tourney lol

Well i am sorry there but EA is not going to give use the server code for use to play it on our own servers. yes i wished it was like battlefield 3 where you could buy a server but it's not. I guess what i am saying is that if you want a game like mma you are going to have to create it on your own. and buy a server as well to put it out there. which in that case you must know a little about video game programming. There is so many of them out there to learn from you have XNA from microsoft and UDK. from epic games. there is you also have the delta engine as well. but thats up to you if you choose to.

Developer

TheLHWchamp wrote:Hey, Preston i would like to thank you for the opportunity to play this fantastic game! I have never dedicated so much of my life to a video game. You guys did a fantastic job in creating the most real MMA game present to date.
Thanks man,
soupneck852 PS: Im sorry i let you down in the R2G tourney lol

No worries Soup! Thanks for the kind words and for your support and dedication towards EA Sports MMA!

[Avatar]

So, uhh, turn this ish back on?

[Avatar]

Best game eva

[WWW]
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games
Go to: