[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Impressions so far from the webcast on Madden 13?  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion

Of course you'd say that Mole....

I bet I could find numerous articles over the passed 5 years that have claimed the exact same pass trajectory changes with every release of madden. It's all the same old snuff. I'm not blinded by my madden fandom. I took a stand last year and did not buy madden 12. I took the plundge and bought NCAA and couldn't be happier. It really is the better game football. I play NCAA I can almost smell the grass like i'm on the field. When I play madden I feel like I should be in the club making it rain with Kayne and Snoop! Madden's a complete joke unless they actually do some work this year.

Mole, Will any of the featues I mentoined above make it into madden this year?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/26/2012 08:53:56

[Email] [WWW]

Looks really good really excited and they have fixed issues/problems that occured in the past maddens. very impressed with presentation keep up the good work guys

GO STEELERS!

xxDaMole00XX wrote:
OBMOC wrote:Same old marketing hype we get every year. I'm not convinced!! They haven't made enough major changes to overhaul the experience. NCAA plays so much smoother. The NCAA game speed, responsiveness, and feature set far surpasses anything in madden in this generation.

In NCAA you can

-view your playbook when going on the ball at the line
-change to superstar view at any time by clicking in the stick
-adjust your teams ai on offense and defense to gamble for turnovers or play conserative.
-create and save replays after a game is over in online Dynasty.
-post the created replays as fictional news articles with smack talk and other online dynasty players comments.
-etc...

This games gameplay systems feel more like football.

With madden we get the worst features and ideas. Whoever thought up the accelerated clock and gameflow features should be fired. In two years those systems still haven't been fixed to work properly. REMOVE THEM!!!!

I could go on and on... you get the point.

Same Marketing hype? Seems to me they are going above and beyond with their feature release. When was the last time you got to see live gameplay and presentation this early? I think we all need to take in what we've seen so far and dont quite judge the game yet. It was only the first group of playbook feature released so lets see how the other ones go.

My favorite part of this post is the hypocrisy. Why don't you chide people who are being positive about what they have seen, when they should just "take in".

Same marketing hype as all the previous years? You betcha.

OBMOC wrote:Of course you'd say that Mole....

I bet I could find numerous articles over the passed 5 years that have claimed the exact same pass trajectory changes with every release of madden. It's all the same old snuff. I'm not blinded by my madden fandom. I took a stand last year and did not buy madden 12. I took the plundge and bought NCAA and couldn't be happier. It really is the better game football. I play NCAA I can almost smell the grass like i'm on the field. When I play madden I feel like I should be in the club making it rain with Kayne and Snoop! Madden's a complete joke unless they actually do some work this year.

dude chill out and let them make the game. It looked much improved and i cant wait for realease, im pre ordered it and have it payed off. This looks pretty good and if it turns out to be vad im still gunna buy it cuz its football, and if you like NCAA so much go to there forums

MY PSN is DMAN__3145
those are double underscores
COLTS R BEASTS
[Email]

Sorry guys I demand PERFECTION from the games I buy, play, and design. Madden's quality isn't up to par anymore. I am going to hold Tiburon accountable and this is the only place to voice that opinion. I can not just sit back like an idle zombie year after year and watch them destroy the only pro football game on the planet because of the exclusive license. We as a community need to hold them to a higher standard to affect change in the product we all love and look forward to each and every year. I will not just "chill" like so many have requested. I want results. For once build on the product instead of backtracking. For once listen to the community and give us what we want. I mean who really thought up the idea that game face should be in madden. I'm sure players in the madden challenge and online players really requested that. Come on EA stop shooting yourselves in the foot and wastin time with unwanted features that detract from the football experience. Examples: the new game face, game flow, accel clock, the different camera angles during kicks, etc... No one wants or needs that crap!!!

Instead how about you update all the game's system to be more complete like they were on the PS2. Bring back the GM type gameplay where we upgrade stadiums, higher and fire coaching staffs, set ticket prices,etc... Bring back the "real/original" hit stick. etc... Give us the stuff that actually worked and that was fun to use and play. Layer on a little of the NCAA 12 & 13 features and as madden would say BOOM!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/2012 14:37:36

[Email] [WWW]

OBMOC wrote:Sorry guys I demand PERFECTION from the games I buy, play, and design. Madden's quality isn't up to par anymore. I am going to hold Tiburon accountable and this is the only place to voice that opinion. I can not just sit back like an idle zombie year after year and watch them destroy the only pro football game on the planet because of the exclusive license. We as a community need to hold them to a higher standard to affect change in the product we all love and look forward to each and every year. I will not just "chill" like so many have requested. I want results. For once build on the product instead of backtracking. For once listen to the community and give us what we want. I mean who really thought up the idea that game face should be in madden. I'm sure players in the madden challenge and online players really requested that. Come on EA stop shooting yourselves in the foot and wastin time with unwanted features that detract from the football experience. Examples: the new game face, game flow, accel clock, the different camera angles during kicks, etc... No one wants or needs that crap!!!

Instead how about you update all the game's system to be more complete like they were on the PS2. Bring back the GM type gameplay where we upgrade stadiums, higher and fire coaching staffs, set ticket prices,etc... Bring back the "real/original" hit stick. etc... Give us the stuff that actually worked and that was fun to use and play. Layer on a little of the NCAA 12 & 13 features and as madden would say BOOM!!!

Man they havent even told us the improvements on any game modes they just gave us some gameplay improvements, and this is reallt early and the face thing means better customization for our players and August is far off, so sit down shut up and give the developers some breathing room to hopefully make a great game

MY PSN is DMAN__3145
those are double underscores
COLTS R BEASTS
[Email]

Cautiously optimistic.

Biggest thing for me is that they've doubled the development staff... or at least I believe that was the comment. More horsepower behind things is more important than anything, so you have a developed and polished product. Rather than a rusty Madden 12.

[Avatar]

flyfrito3800 wrote:
xxDaMole00XX wrote:
OBMOC wrote:Same old marketing hype we get every year. I'm not convinced!! They haven't made enough major changes to overhaul the experience. NCAA plays so much smoother. The NCAA game speed, responsiveness, and feature set far surpasses anything in madden in this generation.

In NCAA you can

-view your playbook when going on the ball at the line
-change to superstar view at any time by clicking in the stick
-adjust your teams ai on offense and defense to gamble for turnovers or play conserative.
-create and save replays after a game is over in online Dynasty.
-post the created replays as fictional news articles with smack talk and other online dynasty players comments.
-etc...

This games gameplay systems feel more like football.

With madden we get the worst features and ideas. Whoever thought up the accelerated clock and gameflow features should be fired. In two years those systems still haven't been fixed to work properly. REMOVE THEM!!!!

I could go on and on... you get the point.

Same Marketing hype? Seems to me they are going above and beyond with their feature release. When was the last time you got to see live gameplay and presentation this early? I think we all need to take in what we've seen so far and dont quite judge the game yet. It was only the first group of playbook feature released so lets see how the other ones go.

My favorite part of this post is the hypocrisy. Why don't you chide people who are being positive about what they have seen, when they should just "take in".

Same marketing hype as all the previous years? You betcha.

I tell people not to judge negatives of major changes due to the fact its in a "pre-alpha" state. Once the game comes out and there's real issues that people have then scream it out.

Apply to Become an EA SPORTS Game Changer here: http://bit.ly/bdfJEB
[Email]

[Avatar]

OBMOC wrote:Sorry guys I demand PERFECTION from the games I buy, play, and design. Madden's quality isn't up to par anymore. I am going to hold Tiburon accountable and this is the only place to voice that opinion. I can not just sit back like an idle zombie year after year and watch them destroy the only pro football game on the planet because of the exclusive license. We as a community need to hold them to a higher standard to affect change in the product we all love and look forward to each and every year. I will not just "chill" like so many have requested. I want results. For once build on the product instead of backtracking. For once listen to the community and give us what we want. I mean who really thought up the idea that game face should be in madden. I'm sure players in the madden challenge and online players really requested that. Come on EA stop shooting yourselves in the foot and wastin time with unwanted features that detract from the football experience. Examples: the new game face, game flow, accel clock, the different camera angles during kicks, etc... No one wants or needs that crap!!!

You can do that in Madden 12 lol And tell me a game thats "Perfection"...

[Email]

[Avatar]

OBMOC wrote:Of course you'd say that Mole....

No idea I haven't played the game but every year someone will find something to be upset about cuz its not in the game.

If the new pass trajectories werent in Madden 13 then everyone would be complaining about super LBs and all that good stuff coming back for another year. Do you agree?

[Email]

I do agree Mole, but I also am not a believer. I'm 100% positive this statement has been made before in previous years. I just hope these changes for once actually affect the gameplay enough so we see it on the field.
[Email] [WWW]

One of my biggest concerns is how well the "read and react" D will actually hold up in the passing game. It seems to me that the offense is getting the majority of the attention, when the D has been weak for years. If you can simply just lead WR's into open area's, seems like zone will be completely useless. I guess it's something we will have to wait and play to see how the defense will play this year.

Things i'd like to see:

Defenders that react to repetitive playcalling and hot routing. I.E. if someone is constantly hot routing the same routes, the defenders jump the ball with a swat or int.

Take away the ability to throw the ball until the qb has finished his drop. This has been addressed somewhat with the dimmed reciever icons, but the ole hike n pass has gotten soooo old.

Take away immediate control of the qb until the dropback is finished, keeps guys from 25yd drops from the get go.

Lock the user to only be able to move and hot route one defensive player, this will keep things more realistic when players can't move the whole D around presnap, or drop their entire defensive line in the redzone into zone.

The game improvements look to be good so far, just some subtle tweaks here and their in the gameplay are more than warranted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/2012 04:52:05

[Avatar]

I'm thoroughly impressed with what I've seen so far. The presentation and gameplay alone are winning me over. The fixed playaction, realistic drop backs and pump fakes are big for me. As a Steeler fan playaction and especially pump fakes are big to me. I'm waiting for some more info before I consider preordering. But things are looking up.

Follow me on Twitter @jw_kane_jr
PSN: kane_jr
Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
Offensive Playbook: Pittsburgh Steelers
Defensive Playbook: Pittsburgh Steelers

Pittsburgh Muay Thai (aka Sit-Kangmongkorn)

I hate to be the one to leave a negative message, but are you all being serious right now? Madden has been really bad since it moved to this generation. Last year was the best iteration in a while, and that was still a huge disappointment. I'm mostly a franchise player, and franchise was so broken I haven't been able to get through a season no matter how hard I try.

Bringing back features that were already in the game at one point doesn't impress me at all. Pass trajectory is something that's suppose to be in the game. Having to see the ball to react to the ball is something that already should've been in the game. They tell us that they upped the staff on gameplay and everybody get's excited, but all they've really shown that looks worth a darn is on the presentation front, something I don't care nearly as much about as I do core gameplay.

And Mole, not to pick on you, but I remember when they used to put out the gameplay blogs in February, so saying that we should be excited that they gave a snippet of gameplay footage in (almost) May is ridiculous. All the blogs need to consist of is Q and A. Let us ask the questions that we think are pertinent to improving the game, and they can answer us so we can find out if they are even attempting to address OUR (the hardcore fan) complains.

At least address the accelerated clock, injury, sub package, and tuning issues that have been flying around since day one. This used to be the ONLY video game I'd even play for a while, and now I'm really considering not buying the game this year (something even when I was poor I never considered not doing). That exclusive license just ruined everything. Smh

KC Commish wrote:One of my biggest concerns is how well the "read and react" D will actually hold up in the passing game. It seems to me that the offense is getting the majority of the attention, when the D has been weak for years. If you can simply just lead WR's into open area's, seems like zone will be completely useless. I guess it's something we will have to wait and play to see how the defense will play this year.

Things i'd like to see:

Defenders that react to repetitive playcalling and hot routing. I.E. if someone is constantly hot routing the same routes, the defenders jump the ball with a swat or int.

Take away the ability to throw the ball until the qb has finished his drop. This has been addressed somewhat with the dimmed reciever icons, but the ole hike n pass has gotten soooo old.

Take away immediate control of the qb until the dropback is finished, keeps guys from 25yd drops from the get go.

Lock the user to only be able to move and hot route one defensive player, this will keep things more realistic when players can't move the whole D around presnap, or drop their entire defensive line in the redzone into zone.

The game improvements look to be good so far, just some subtle tweaks here and their in the gameplay are more than warranted.

even though Pass offense has been highlighted there have equal amounts of change in the secondary For example new coverage stances instead of normal and press we have off man (similar to dropping back but safties aren't dropping back 25 yards) defense has also gotten their hands on their own new sets of animation new swat animations new interception animations that will allow them to get in better position including new diving swats

Defenses will actually line up better this year with a built in disguise coverage and DB's will be in better position to play the pass.

Just throwing into an empty zone will only work if the WR is looking for the pass based on route (but that still will take time to read and if you vary your zones shouldn't be a huge problem.)

HOWEVER my concern is user ability to hike and pass then user catch on like TE fly's

25 yard drop backs need to be addressed i agree with the new passing i wonder how that will play out with the new passing zones 25 yards behind the LOS

Limiting Hot routing defense I don't believe in, that was the only way really to put your players in position to be worth anything however if coverages work like they are supposed to as mentioned in the videos then we won't have to do all of those rediculous hot routes to break up passes if not then we'll have to limit the effectiveness of doing 8 hot routes for 5 WR

All in all I believe this is the most work they've put in a madden title in years just heard that they are even working on pass blocking and having more interaction in the pocket I'm excited. I really do believe that this madden will be different just the amount of changes being made in this one title is more than madden 10 11 and 12 combined from Protak, Locomotion new runblock and DPP. And that's just the gameplay portion of it they are even making the sounds of the game come alive and getting rid of the sound bytes from their nes days cleaning up commentary. I mean seriously last year all we saw was team run outs and players coming out in suits off the bus. I can't wait to enjoy madden again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/2012 23:08:21

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: