[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Alright, time to talk about who is disapoint in their teams draft  XML
Madden NFL Series  > NFL Talk

[Avatar]

SYRE66 wrote:
PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I thought McClellen was a great pick for you guys, you really nailed it. If nothing else, he will keep your trainers on their toes.

Hmm, thought I was pretty expressive in my OP as to why I thought it was a bust pick.

Look, when you run a 4-3 scheme, you don't draft a guy who projects as a 2nd round graded LB in a 3-4. You don't reach out and draft a kid who you're going to bring into the NFL to play with his hand on the ground when you have virtually NO tape of him doing it on any consistant basis in the college game. And you especially don't draft this guy when no less than 3 of the top projected actual hand on the ground in college 4-3 prototype DE's are sitting there for you to chose from. Its a bad pick. I hope that clears up why I think so, if it doesn't, well, I don't know how else to explain it to you. Oh, and BTW, I find it ironic that you guys took Perry with your pick and we took McLellan being that I know you guys were most likely going to grab McLellan with your 1st pick and Perry was a guy we were actually looking at. You guys happen to run a 3-4 tho, and McLellean has tape on him that shows him doing 3-4 scheme type of asignments with a nice success rate to grade him out at that position with.

The bottom line is, we got rid of Jerry Angelo for taking chances on guys like this who he would draft out of position in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft and never have them pan out (keep in mind, our coaching staff, in any form, has never proven that they can develop players. We have had to rely on building mostly through free agency and trades during the Angelo/Lovie years). Emery was supposed to be the guy who came in, didn't reach, didn't go for the athlete over the football player and draft the obvious guy to come right in and fill a need right away. Instead, he comes right in and does that EXACT same thing as Angelo in drafting an out of position "tweener athlete" type of player with out 1st pick. He also decided to take a flyer in the 3rd round on an injury risk player that played DB in college that they THINK can play saftey for us at the next level.....even tho there were PLENTY of actuall quality college safteys (with NO injury history) still on the board at that point.

And lastly, we have Julius Peppers and Brain Urlacher on our team as it is, there won't be anything that McLellan is showing up with that is going to put our trainers "on thier toes"

You need to invest in a sarcasm detector my friend. I thought that last sentence would have given it away, you know about the trainers and such. As a Packers fan, I loved that the Bears wasted their first 1st round pick in what 3 years?

[Avatar]

SYRE66 wrote:
PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I thought McClellen was a great pick for you guys, you really nailed it. If nothing else, he will keep your trainers on their toes.

Hmm, thought I was pretty expressive in my OP as to why I thought it was a bust pick.

Look, when you run a 4-3 scheme, you don't draft a guy who projects as a 2nd round graded LB in a 3-4. You don't reach out and draft a kid who you're going to bring into the NFL to play with his hand on the ground when you have virtually NO tape of him doing it on any consistant basis in the college game. And you especially don't draft this guy when no less than 3 of the top projected actual hand on the ground in college 4-3 prototype DE's are sitting there for you to chose from. Its a bad pick. I hope that clears up why I think so, if it doesn't, well, I don't know how else to explain it to you. Oh, and BTW, I find it ironic that you guys took Perry with your pick and we took McLellan being that I know you guys were most likely going to grab McLellan with your 1st pick and Perry was a guy we were actually looking at. You guys happen to run a 3-4 tho, and McLellean has tape on him that shows him doing 3-4 scheme type of asignments with a nice success rate to grade him out at that position with.

The bottom line is, we got rid of Jerry Angelo for taking chances on guys like this who he would draft out of position in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft and never have them pan out (keep in mind, our coaching staff, in any form, has never proven that they can develop players. We have had to rely on building mostly through free agency and trades during the Angelo/Lovie years). Emery was supposed to be the guy who came in, didn't reach, didn't go for the athlete over the football player and draft the obvious guy to come right in and fill a need right away. Instead, he comes right in and does that EXACT same thing as Angelo in drafting an out of position "tweener athlete" type of player with out 1st pick. He also decided to take a flyer in the 3rd round on an injury risk player that played DB in college that they THINK can play saftey for us at the next level.....even tho there were PLENTY of actuall quality college safteys (with NO injury history) still on the board at that point.

And lastly, we have Julius Peppers and Brain Urlacher on our team as it is, there won't be anything that McLellan is showing up with that is going to put our trainers "on thier toes"

Ok I get it and as a BEARS fan can only say I was disappointed to but we have to give this a chance.

Regarding Shea McClellin he is not a DE that I agree. While I didn't go into shock over the pick I was shocked Emery took him ahead of some others on the list. Now if he was playing ROLB I think it is a great pick but as a DE I don't know if he can play the three technique at that position.

Now with that said could we see a 3-4 defense that features a DE that almost plays his GAP like a LB rather then a DE? Almost 4-3 in appearance? Just asking?

Now RE Emery we have to give him two years and he needs to get some of his own people in that office before we compare him to Angleo.

Another reason to not be to hard on Emery is look at some other drafts and how bad they were.

WASH Kirk Cousins in Round 4? You just took RG3 and traded away all the future franchise picks for the next several years!

SEA ILMAO Bruce Irvin at 15 overall! A projected 3rd to 4th round pick in the majority of most mocks due to his criminal history and jumping schools when told no. You give this guy a 15th overall pick and expect him to earn it?

MIAMI of course they took Ryan Tannehill 8th overall but when is he going to play? One year? Maybe two? You have to sit him or he will be done because he is not NFL ready.

SF why take Alshon Jeffery with your first pick with all those WR's?

BEARS are looking much better then some of those teams.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:
SYRE66 wrote:
PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:

You need to invest in a sarcasm detector my friend. I thought that last sentence would have given it away, you know about the trainers and such. As a Packers fan, I loved that the Bears wasted their first 1st round pick in what 3 years?

Sorry to brake this to you but the Packers first round pick wasn't much better then the BEARS. You guys took a Nick Perry who is the same guy as Shea except he cannot play the five technique.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

TheBoomnBeaner wrote:
PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:
SYRE66 wrote:
PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:

Sorry to brake this to you but the Packers first round pick wasn't much better then the BEARS. You guys took a Nick Perry who is the same guy as Shea except he cannot play the five technique.

Yeah well, Perry is a poor mans Brian Orakpo. He has potential to be a 10-12 sack guy. Then we get Jurell Worthy in the 2nd, who was a projected top 20 pick. Then we got Hayward who reminds me a lot of Nick Collins when he came out, and Collins was a CB in college. Although like I said, I would have preferred Trumaine Johnson. So we fixed our pass rush, DL, and secondary with our first 3 picks.

[Avatar]

PYA-MUSTANG86 wrote:

That post was on its way wether or not your post was there. Our draft was so bad, it needed to be ranted about 2 times.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Tell your friends about me

[Avatar]

TheBoomnBeaner wrote:Now with that said could we see a 3-4 defense that features a DE that almost plays his GAP like a LB rather then a DE? Almost 4-3 in appearance? Just asking?

No. You aren't going to change your entire defense and the asignments of every other player on it just to fit a questionable #19 overall pick, that would be lunacy. That, and Lovie runs the Tampa-2 as the base, no questions asked.

Now RE Emery we have to give him two years and he needs to get some of his own people in that office before we compare him to Angleo.

I only needed to see one entire draft of him doing Jerry esque things to compare the two to one another.

Another reason to not be to hard on Emery is look at some other drafts and how bad they were.

WASH Kirk Cousins in Round 4? You just took RG3 and traded away all the future franchise picks for the next several years!

SEA ILMAO Bruce Irvin at 15 overall! A projected 3rd to 4th round pick in the majority of most mocks due to his criminal history and jumping schools when told no. You give this guy a 15th overall pick and expect him to earn it?

MIAMI of course they took Ryan Tannehill 8th overall but when is he going to play? One year? Maybe two? You have to sit him or he will be done because he is not NFL ready.

No offense man, but I don't give a ish what other teams do in the draft or how bad their drafts were. I am only concerned with how one team comes out of it, my team. Knowing some other team reached or made bad decisions doesn't make up for or make me feel better about the terrible decisions my team made at all.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Tell your friends about me

[Avatar]

TheBoomnBeaner wrote:SF why take Alshon Jeffery with your first pick with all those WR's?
Moss (WR3): 1-year contract.
Manningham (WR3): 2-year contract.
Crabtree (WR3): 1 year until he improves to WR2 or is released.
Ginn (WR5): 1-year contract.
Williams (WR?): Who knows whether he'll ever be more than a package player for the 49ers.

That is why. The 49ers lacked a starting RG with starting history, but the 49ers lacked a WR1 or even a WR2. The only way the 49ers were going to end up with a first-round lineman was for the start-likely receivers to all be off the board already. I suspect the 49ers believe that one of last year's rookie linemen is ready to start this year.

2011: 49ers lose in NFC Championship Game on two special teams turnovers
2013: 49ers lose in NFC Championship Game on three Colin Kaepernick turnovers
Who's got it better than the 49ers? The Giants, the Ravens, and the Seahawks. And the Chiefs.
[WWW]

[Avatar]

SF took Jeffery?....

[Avatar]

LOL at people thinking SF drafted Jeffery

[Avatar]

TJ69 wrote:
TheBoomnBeaner wrote:SF why take Alshon Jeffery with your first pick with all those WR's?
I knew they took A.J. Jenkins. I thought I was ignorant and others knew better that the "A.J." stood for "Alshon Jeffery [Jenkins]". Silly me. According to Wikipedia, his full name is Alfred Alonzo "A.J." Jenkins.

2011: 49ers lose in NFC Championship Game on two special teams turnovers
2013: 49ers lose in NFC Championship Game on three Colin Kaepernick turnovers
Who's got it better than the 49ers? The Giants, the Ravens, and the Seahawks. And the Chiefs.
[WWW]

[Avatar]

PhataLerror wrote:
TJ69 wrote:
I knew they took A.J. Jenkins. I thought I was ignorant and others knew better that the "A.J." stood for "Alshon Jeffery [Jenkins]". Silly me. According to Wikipedia, his full name is Alfred Alonzo "A.J." Jenkins.

Yep that was me I had Jeffery on my mind instead of typing Jenkins. I don't like either pick that much.

[WWW]

[Avatar]

SYRE66 wrote:
TheBoomnBeaner wrote:Now with that said could we see a 3-4 defense that features a DE that almost plays his GAP like a LB rather then a DE? Almost 4-3 in appearance? Just asking?

No. You aren't going to change your entire defense and the asignments of every other player on it just to fit a questionable #19 overall pick, that would be lunacy. That, and Lovie runs the Tampa-2 as the base, no questions asked.

I only needed to see one entire draft of him doing Jerry esque things to compare the two to one another.

No offense man, but I don't give a ish what other teams do in the draft or how bad their drafts were. I am only concerned with how one team comes out of it, my team. Knowing some other team reached or made bad decisions doesn't make up for or make me feel better about the terrible decisions my team made at all.

No offense taken and I will even say I admit you're right. However a Jerry draft requires drafting a currently injured player as opposed to a previous injury. LOL

[WWW]
Madden NFL Series  > NFL Talk
Go to: