[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Feedback/Issues in Presentation  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Tech Help and Feedback

The gameplay is great. The overall presentation needs the work. The crowd chanting has been improved. But the overall cheering and reaction to what's happening on the ice is weak.

The pregame part has to be longer and more in depth.

[Avatar]

Not sure how much these threads are used anymore... but anyway. Here is the uniforms that were used this year by the teams that will play in Elitserien next year (so this is mainly for NHL 13). As always some of them might be changed until next season.

I thought about adding pictures of what they currently look like in the game, but that's quit a lot of work. There are some comments about them though.

AIK
Home

New uniform. Different shade of yellow.

Away

Brynäs
Home

Away

Frölunda
Home

New uniform.

Away

Färjestad
Home

Could be new uniform (can't recall exactly what it looks like in the game). No black.

Away

HV71
Home

Should be a darker shade of blue.

Away

Linköping
Home

Should be a darker shade of blue (look at the ref in the away picture... he's in black and white, the players in blue and white). Also there should be red outlining on the numbers just like the old uniforms had.

Away

Luleå
Home

New unform. New logo (jersey only).

Away

Home Alternate

Away Alternate

Modo
Home

New uniform.

Away

Rögle
Home

They're back! And yes, they do have white uniforms at home.

Away

Skellefteå
Home

Away

Pretty much as in the game. There is a black outlining on the black and yellow pattern that goes down the arm. Also notice the little red line on the arm.

Timrå
Home

They should have names on their jerseys.

Away

Växjö
Home

Away

You know you have put to much power into a pass if it breaks your team mate's stick!

seymop wrote:Really need to give the goalies better animations when they get scored on. They need to be a little more disappointed and probably have about 10 different animations.

Get rid of the cheesy celebrations! Turn on the TV and watch a game and see what the players do after they score. They huddle up and tap helmets. This should be done in actual game play, not a cut scene.
Get rid of the cheesy camera work (crazy zooming) when it cuts to goalies after a whistle.

The fighting is horrendous! Take a look at 2KSports NHL2K9. Very impressive fighting.....and dekes for that matter. The fact that you can only do a handful of preset dekes it depressing.

The crowd needs a lot of work. To many repetitive animations.

Add another ref and the linesman. Why wouldn't you?

There needs to be more scrums around the net that involve everyone together, not "everyone grab a partner and push each other". Turn on a real game on TV and do that.

NEW ANNOUNCER!!!!!!! Sick to death! You need the option of a few different announcers in the game. Doc Emerick would be amazing! Boston Announcer, Rangers announcer. But, for god sakes stay away from the Buffalo announcer!

*My biggest gripe though is the fact that there still hasn't been an online season mode added! I would like to play with my brother and friends on the internet in a season rather than just a single game. Seems like a no brainer really.

You really need to watch a game or two and see what really happens when a goal is scored.

[Avatar]

I personally feel that while I like where the presentation is heading (which to me looks more like NBC's broadcast each release) and that I realize that only so much can happen with certain amounts of resources I feel that the presentation should continue in the current direction with only a few alterations.
<Wishlist>
1) Upon my discovery of an NHL 2004 modding community and looking through what they had done to improve the game in their eyes I came upon an idea that would be truly interesting to include in release of the game. What this modding community had done was created various score clock overlays and presentation overlays to match network graphics (ex. NBC, CBC, RDS, TSN, EA Default, Olympics, Root Sports ) and the user had an option to choose one of those to make the game feel a little more personal. I feel that this idea (while requiring licensing from various broadcasters) would be a great addition to the game because now the broadcast graphics can be personalized to fit almost any user's liking and would please the most amount of people possible.
2) More variety in commentators
To my knowledge, you (EA Sports) still have Gary Thorne under contract to preform the NHL series commentary, but what about the possibility to add multiple commentary crews and an option (the ever lovely user pref from a developers perspective) to choose which crew we'd prefer to to listen to during a game.
This idea might seem a bit outrageous but it would offer a solution to those who are sick of Gary Thorne.
</wishlist>

User was banned for this post

Remove the image indicate the player who holds the puck in the form of a small pyramid at the top (as seen from the trailers) on the previous versions of the familiar circle under the player in NHL 13. Or add to the game settings to choose a ring. PLEASE!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/10/2012 21:40:30

NHL Series  > NHL® Tech Help and Feedback
Go to: