[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
2011 Live Tournament Round Discussion  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion

[Avatar]

MAIN.JCauthen04 wrote:
xbox.Rich Cashster wrote:I'm glad they have the weekly true aim tourney. Just starting to play the true aim mode. First round...so far so good. I did screw up a few easy holes but -4 isn't bad for first round.

I was enjoying the heck out of this one myself Rich... until I got disconnected from the EA Servers on the 6th hole of round 2. It wasn't my internet connection because my son was online with his laptop and never lost his connection. As soon as I went back to the menu and hit the "reconnect to EA Servers" button and I was reconnected.

I guess that's the risk you take when you take on a 72 hole, single-try Live Tournament, but this one had far more significance to me since I felt like I had a far greater stake in it... (not that I was being competitive ). I've now been disconnected 5 times from EA Servers while playing Live Tournaments in '11, whereas I only had three discos in all of TW 10, FWIW.

JC...you know ten times more about computers then I do but the guy who opened my ports for me told me my drops woud go up if I was online with my computer at the same time......I am 100% sure you already knew that....btw I got discod from both * A's saturday....mb justa bad day for em...LOL.

ps3

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'

MAIN.JCauthen04 wrote:
xbox.Rich Cashster wrote:I'm glad they have the weekly true aim tourney. Just starting to play the true aim mode. First round...so far so good. I did screw up a few easy holes but -4 isn't bad for first round.

I was enjoying the heck out of this one myself Rich... until I got disconnected from the EA Servers on the 6th hole of round 2. It wasn't my internet connection because my son was online with his laptop and never lost his connection. As soon as I went back to the menu and hit the "reconnect to EA Servers" button and I was reconnected.

I guess that's the risk you take when you take on a 72 hole, single-try Live Tournament, but this one had far more significance to me since I felt like I had a far greater stake in it... (not that I was being competitive ). I've now been disconnected 5 times from EA Servers while playing Live Tournaments in '11, whereas I only had three discos in all of TW 10, FWIW.

JC that's unfortunate. Myself and a lot of friends would like to only see single try tournaments. I'm speaking specifically about tour pro. We understand that a disconnect can happen during the tournament but we feel that to get an honest leader board we will all have to pay the price. I hope disconnects are far and few for everyone. When one invests the time and energy in a weekly tournament it's just nice to post a score, and in this game you never know. Scores seem to be spread out quite a bit this year. What I'm trying to say is grinding out a score(if you don't get disconnected) might put you in a position on the leader board you might not have expected. I think everyone at some point has their struggles out there.

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.cocarr wrote:JC...you know ten times more about computers then I do but the guy who opened my ports for me told me my drops woud go up if I was online with my computer at the same time......I am 100% sure you already knew that....btw I got discod from both * A's saturday....mb justa bad day for em...LOL.

Cocarr, I suspected that might be possible when I first set up my home network in 2001. However, I haven't had a significant disconnect problem with Tiger Woods games while online in either the PC or the console versions until this year. Nothing has changed at all in my network since February of 2009, so that means that all of the play I had with TW 2010 was under identical conditions to what I have now.

Heck, most of the time I've got an internet radio program streaming, or I'm listening to a Yahoo music radio channel 16 to 17 hours a day, when I'm off. My sons are playing Halo ODST, Battlefield 1943, and other multiplayer games simultaneously on our two 360's online, while I'm on the computer, my wife is on her laptop, and my daughter is on her laptop. My sons never get disconnected in their games while all of this is going on. It blows my mind that my cable modem and router can handle this, but it goes with very little difficulty.

It just strikes me as odd that in less than three weeks, I've already had more EA server disconnects for TW 11, than I had in all of TW 10. I can handle it because we have such a wealth of competitions on the Live Tournaments, it's just more of a blow when it happens during one that's the most precious to me, as these True Aim tournaments have become.

Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football!... Coach Cutcliff

[Avatar]

ps3.rcheebunker wrote:
JC that's unfortunate. Myself and a lot of friends would like to only see single try tournaments. I'm speaking specifically about tour pro. We understand that a disconnect can happen during the tournament but we feel that to get an honest leader board we will all have to pay the price. I hope disconnects are far and few for everyone. When one invests the time and energy in a weekly tournament it's just nice to post a score, and in this game you never know. Scores seem to be spread out quite a bit this year. What I'm trying to say is grinding out a score(if you don't get disconnected) might put you in a position on the leader board you might not have expected. I think everyone at some point has their struggles out there.

I have a hunch that they're still working on server problems. I know we got a message a while back saying that they had switched to a backup server, after the main one experienced a massive hardware failure. If they get back to the level of performance they had with Tiger Woods 10 in this department, I'll be more than satisfied.

You know what's really odd is that I'm now realizing what a landmark Tiger Woods 10 was in terms of execution and performance. That game was so polished right out of the box in terms of both gameplay, interface, and network performance that I'm going to always be comparing future releases to it. I still find it remarkable that they were able to get meterless precision putting to work so well last year, when it was added after a Community Day suggestion, 3 1/2 months prior to release. I now find myself watching the DLC carefully, hoping that Tiger Woods 10's meterless precision putting interface will be among it

I'd love to see them all moved to single try tournaments. But the disconnect issue is always going to be there. I don't see why the system has to kick you all the way back out when you get a disconnect. It seems like it would be simple to give you a option to reconnect and carry on with your round.

xbox.TRC GeorgiaDawg wrote:I'd love to see them all moved to single try tournaments. But the disconnect issue is always going to be there. I don't see why the system has to kick you all the way back out when you get a disconnect. It seems like it would be simple to give you a option to reconnect and carry on with your round.

i would rather play single try tournys and get disconnected in every 4th round, before playing another multi try tourny.it would still be more gratifying.

I'm just a bit concerned about the disconnects.
I was under the impression that the sever could go down mid round and it wouldn't affect you until it came time to post your score.If the server came back up in that time then you should just be able to go on and if it was up by the time you finished you should be able to record your score.That's how it was explained to me.
When we were there we had our own little tournament,the server went down but they got it back up.They did tell us not to report our score until they were sure the server was back.It was back up before we finished and everything went smoothly.
So I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this.
Either the servers are not working the way that EA thought or something else is amiss.

As far as having other things connected I think that's bunk.
At home we usually have a couple of XBox's going along with 1 or 2 computers,all on line at the same time and haven't disconnected 1 time.Luck?Maybe but I doubt it.
I don't think it's an issue with other devices being connected at the same time.

[Avatar]

Terry, every with every disconnect I've had, the notification came while I was trying to load the next hole. It goes back to the menu, where one of the options is to "connect to EA Servers". I would have thought that the game could continue, with the program tracking my scoring, then posting the score when the server could be connected again.

I'm also with you on the device sharing issue. None of my past experience shows a link between connectivity and number of devices connected through my router/modem. I have seen it loaded to the point that we were getting some lag, particularly when I'm playing Forza 3, or Need For Speed Shift.

[Avatar]

ps3.MIKEYGAGA wrote:
i would rather play single try tournys and get disconnected in every 4th round, before playing another multi try tourny.it would still be more gratifying.

xbox.SSenator wrote:I'm just a bit concerned about the disconnects.
I was under the impression that the sever could go down mid round and it wouldn't affect you until it came time to post your score.If the server came back up in that time then you should just be able to go on and if it was up by the time you finished you should be able to record your score.That's how it was explained to me.
When we were there we had our own little tournament,the server went down but they got it back up.They did tell us not to report our score until they were sure the server was back.It was back up before we finished and everything went smoothly.
So I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this.
Either the servers are not working the way that EA thought or something else is amiss.

As far as having other things connected I think that's bunk.
At home we usually have a couple of XBox's going along with 1 or 2 computers,all on line at the same time and haven't disconnected 1 time.Luck?Maybe but I doubt it.
I don't think it's an issue with other devices being connected at the same time.
i really think the disconnects are not a huge issue.if a player is getting disconnected that often,i think there are other problems that sould be addressed.i get disconnected or freeze maybe once every 30 tournys.big deal,i'll live.i'll take my chances with single try tournys and if i freeze or get discoed,thats life.making the change will benefit all competitive golfers that wanna chance at victory.if i want to, i could win every multi try tour pro tourny thats posted.what fun is that for everyone.the good by far outweighs the bad.jmho.

xbox.SSenator wrote:I'm just a bit concerned about the disconnects.

This would be wonderful if true. I get disconnects every 8-10 rounds or so playing the Live Tournaments. In TW10, i maybe had 10-15 TOTAL through the year.

I can still deal with it, no biggie, but getting disconnected on the 18th hole in Round 4 of a single try tournament would SUCK.

I agree I have had loads of disconnects this year, but it looks like they may have done something from Friday as things look alot more stable

Woo Hoo, I'm learning to putt finally. -15 in today's Tour Pro Open. In first by two strokes.

xbox.TRC GeorgiaDawg wrote:Woo Hoo, I'm learning to putt finally. -15 in today's Tour Pro Open. In first by two strokes.

I saw that...Congrats! My putting was off today....

...and by the way, did anyone notice my double eagle on Whistling Straits for the tru aim tour pro weekly? It should have come up on the scroller at the top when you get to the hole. My first double eagle in TW11, it just happened to be tru aim tour pro ...lol

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/28/2010 15:09:05

[Avatar]

Well done

XBOX 360. Die hard videogolfer

TW 14 Sim Mode = YOU NAILED IT GUYS

Found Sim Mode Holy Grail -18 on 14/5/13....'ave it game Developers
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion
Go to: