[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Insert Disk, for downloaded Sims 3 Ambitions  XML
Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion

I downloaded Sims 3 Ambitions yesterday and have just installed it but when I try to 'Play' from the Sims Launcher it asks me to enter the disk. Obviously I don't have this as it was a download.

I also have World Adventures as a download, but my original game is CD-ROM.

What can I do to correct this?

Thanks

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Alright, I want you to try this:

Put your Sims 3 disk in the drive.
Open up the EA Download Manager and Sign In.

Once you sign in, there should be a "Play" button located on the left side next to the indicator foThe Sims 3 Ambitions. Press the "Play"button.

Let us know what happens.

I had the same issue and tried that before even reading this: it just opens up the launcher which proceeds to tell me there is a disc authentication error...yet it is a digital download, I've done this with and without my sims 3 original disc in. PLEASE help me It's kind of disappointing I was pretty excited...thank you!!
~Stephanie

I am experiencing a similar, if not the same, problem. After downloading Ambitions and then trying to play from the launcher, it pops up that I need to insert Ambitions disc. The installation never asked for the game's code which was odd. The above info was not helpful for me, does anyone have a better idea?

This a test post

Hi can you please help with this error. After I received the first problem with Ambitions I decided to uninstall EVERYTHING... Its take a day to re-install all of my sims games which includes the Sims 3 disc as a base game and the rest are expansion packs. I now cant play a thing because the launcher is asking me to insert the Ambitions disc - even thought its a download!!!! Im really getting fed up with this and expect a far lot more from EA Games.

Please help.

I can not beleive that EA games is screwing people of of there money. I went to the site to download the game instead of going out in 25 degree weather to go get the game. I paid and downloaded the game and now it is asking me for the disc. They are not offering any solution or is there a number I can reach anyone to send me a disc or refund me my money. I will e calling better buisness bureau today.

I'm having the exact same problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Can anyone tell me how they fixed theirs? I'm really dissapointed with EA's lack of help with this problem. I want a refund.

I have tried to play the game a thousand times and every time it says something about the game base being incompatible what can i do?

Forum Admin
[Avatar]

Hi,

What I would suggest in this case is to install the standalone base game patch or patches after updating the expansion pack(s). To find out what version your base game is currently at, navigate to where the base game is installed. By default:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Now open the file named skuversion.txt but do not change anything in it. The SKU version should indicate the current version number of the base game. After you are done viewing, close the file without saving it. With that information in hand, you can check out the following thread for official EA download links for the manual incremental updates:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/188505.page
(Thanks goes to Sassy0984 for compiling the list!)

For the manual patches, please ensure you are downloading the correct version for your game region. To find out what region your game is using, refer back to the version number indicated by the skuversion.txt file. The last digit represents the game region. When choosing a patch to download, look for the corresponding region number in the file name.

When applying several standalone incremental patches to update the game, you must do so in the correct sequence. If your base game is at version 1.10.6 and wish to manually update to version 1.12.7, you must apply the 1.11.7 patch and then the 1.12.7 patch. The 1.12.7 patch installer will otherwise quit with an error message if the setup cannot find the correct core files added or updated by the previous incremental patches.

-Big Guy-

Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Customer-Support/48228353146

Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/AskEASupport
[WWW]

I'm having the exact same problem, but I am running my game on a Mac, so I'm unable to resolve the problem with anything EADM related. If I purchase a physical CD instead of a download for my next expansion pack will it then enable Ambitions to run happily?

[Avatar]

Uninstall/reinstall the EA Download Manager. Reinstall it to your My Documents folder

Answers HQ - Questions & Comments  > EA Forums General Discussion
Go to: