[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Madden 2011 - Can't connect with friends online  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden Online Discussion

I can join online team play games through the public lobby, and can also play head to head games with random players yet when I try to connect with friends (reason I bought this game) either through trying to create a private lobby room or direct invite to game I get an error message that says "Game session is no longer available" and my friends are having the same problem. I have played many other online games including MW2, Red Dead Redemption online.... etc. and we have had ZERO problems connecting with friends. Being that this is one of the advertised features with new Madden 2011 game, I would have hoped it worked as it was supposed to. Is there anyone else having this problem? My NAT type is 2/ sometimes moderate, sometimes open (randomly changes on its own). My friends also have the same NAT types but the lobby or game we try to create crashes before we even have time to join game. When I connect with random people online I have zero problems but playing with friends is the point of us buying the game. Last night we were able to even play a head to head game together but no co-op and once the game ends, we lose voice connection. Also when I try to jump into a "quick match" team play game, I receive the same error message. Anyone having similar problems?

I cant connect either....WTF?

Me either super annoyed!

Add another to the list.

It only allows unranked games? That's really poor, really, really poor.

It is amazing to me EA could come out with such a bug plagued game and have the nerve to charge top dollar for a game whose advertised features don't even work! They made a huge deal of this new 3 vs 3 team play and my friends and I can't even #$%#$ play! We are definitely not the only ones having this connection problem as the team play lobby is filled with people begging for invites because if they try and host a game they get disconnected. Also having ridiculous echo problem with headset during franchise games (practically the only online feature that allows us to play together but only 2 at a time)...... I've been a Madden Fan since the first Madden came out and have bought nearly every version of Madden since. It's too bad EA seems more concerned now with milking as much $$$ out of their customers without putting out a quality game that works right out of the box. Oh well EA........ For this first time since the game has come out, I have lost my faith in both EA and the once great Madden football game. *Sigh* I hope another football game comes along that will take its place. EA has lost its way. It's about the games, stupid.

I can just hear them now ...... "Well just crank out something that barely works, as long as we ship the game on time we'll make our money. If there are bugs, we can just add a patch later if we feel like it, or not. Who needs beta testing??? hahahaha...... we're rich!"

It's not a bug... they wont allow you to play ranked games with your friends anymore... its crap!!

I had the same problem last night. I only played head-to-head but it made us play unranked. Wierd. If it is a bug I'm sure it will get fixed. If it isn't its a huge failure. I cann't understand why you cant play ranked games with your friends. I was playing PS3, I don't know if they are having this problem on XBOX.

My problem, is I can't find anyone to play from the team select screen... it loads with just COlts and Saints, and the other person can't do anything...

My NAT is type 2, so I am pretty sure it isn't a internet problem... HELP!!

I'm having a similar problem. I can play random opponents online, but I can't invite friends.

Or, rather - I can invite them, and they can invite me, but when we get to the screen, the invitee cannot see the person he invited, and the person who was invited can see the invitee, and change his team, but he can't see the invitee change his team.

NAT is Type 2 for both players.

ps3.superpunk wrote:I'm having a similar problem. I can play random opponents online, but I can't invite friends.

Or, rather - I can invite them, and they can invite me, but when we get to the screen, the invitee cannot see the person he invited, and the person who was invited can see the invitee, and change his team, but he can't see the invitee change his team.

NAT is Type 2 for both players.

And this is for unranked games. I've seen the issue that ranked games between friends are gone, this isn't that.

Yeah, same problem here. I emailed EA support and they replied with:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

Although ranked games against friends are described in the manual, the ability to play ranked games against friends was not included in Madden 11 to safeguard against unscrupulous players artificially boosting their rank on leaderboards by simply playing "dummy" accounts that are identified as friends.

As with past Madden games, you may still play against your friends, but only in unranked games.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you,

Which obviously is NOT my issue. I can get and send invites. When I invite a friend they never appear to join, and when I join their invites, it never let's me connect to their game. I had this same issue with NCAA 11. I can connect with friends fine on other games such as MW2 and NBA2k10. I only have this issue with EA games (I have a NAT2 connection). Obviously EA doesn't care about fixing or finding the cause of this problem, based on how they ignore this thread and have ignored my email. Despite buying 2-3 games every year(NCAA, FIFA, Madden) I think I'll never buy another EA game again.

I have the same problem and been chatting with EA and e-mailing them with no end in sight. They came back to me saying "that I cannot play ranked games with friends" I KNOW THIS... my problem is connecting with friends to play ONLINE TEAM PLAY. I could, like others play OTP with random people in the lobby. BUt my problem is why can I not connect with friends?
Major reason I bought Madden this year to play Co-op with friends of mines. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT so far. I really don't know how they going to fix this.

When you send an invite to a friend, they need to hit the PS3 button and go to the "friends" icon to the far right (note that when the message drops it has this same friends icon). From that selection you can choose to invite or rea the messages ad accept the game invites.

We also found a way around the feature that makes it unable to play friends: right here for $20. OK just kidding, this board is monitored anyway we get on the phone and hit "play now" until we hit each other.

This year's version of the game is excellent.

The reason they won't allow it.. Is cause of the bums last year who all they did was boost, 500 game win streaks?? Cmon' now!!
Madden NFL Series  > Madden Online Discussion
Go to: