[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Ending the Sabrina Ladha Debate (THESE ARE THE FACTS)  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

I have taken the time out to phone the people at the Gift of Time Gala Offices. I have spoken with a person who wishes to remain nameless. I can tell you that this person is in direct knowledge of all the facts surrounding this issue.

These are the facts.

1.) The Gift of Time Gala offered a package for bid at there event, that was donated by Electronic Arts.

2.) Sabrina Ladha is NOT a dying child. She is the daughter of the couple with the winning bid.

3.) This money has gone to HELPING DYING CHILDREN.

4.) Sabrina is in the game, any fault or blame you want to assign belongs only on the shoulders of the people who assigned Sabrina her attribute points.

5.) She can be traded, or even editied.

SO.....

I have done this to END the debate. These are the facts. The amount on which the bid went for is irrelevant. The fact she is in the game is not the issue. the issue is only her stats if I understand you correctly.

BUT

THIS WAS DONE FOR A GOOD CAUSE. I would encourage all of you to END this debate once and for all. These are the facts. This money has gone to helping terminally ill children. This is ALWAYS a good cause. Sabrina should be appluaded as it was her that suggested the attendance of her parents to the Gala. There her father bid on the item for Sabrina, because in the end he understood that this was a worthy cause, and because she suggested they go to the event to help other children.

I personally will be donating an amount to the Gift of Time Gala. I encourage all of you who slandered her, and attacked her in the past to do the same thing.

You ALL owe it to her and the Gift of Time Gala for making such a non issue into a big issue. I tried before to get to the bottom of this and received differing facts, and I apologize to those I countered on this fact earlier. So I went to the source, and I will say I spoke to the source and let this be the end of this for good.

If you do want to make a donation, I would applaud and suggest people do here is the link. http://www.thegiftoftime.org/index.html.

can we end this now?

[Avatar]

So you're saying that Sabrina used the 99 glitch? LOL

As always, you are a vault of information HU5K3R. You can expect a whole lot of crap talking from me tonight in regards to how you should be using your time effectively though.

Over 800 games played and you don't know that RW goes on D for a penalty?

~Bushanie to Pitcher
[WWW] [Yahoo!]

LOL I hear you man. No, not many people know that I have lost some family members to illnesses that these causes help children of. So to me it is a personal issue. So making a phone call to end pointless bickering is always worthwhile.

but we will kick butt tonight either way.

[Avatar]

Thanks for posting this. It shows EA is a socially-conscious company and for that - no bashing should come of it. Yes, it was a bit of a setback for those (including myself) who discovered her later in the Dynasty, where starting over would be an undesirable option. Perhaps EA could relax a little on the attributes next time, or honor them in their own special team - there are several ideas and suggestions.

In any case, regard it as a learning experience and look through the rosters next year to avoid a similar thing happening to your Dynasty/Be A Pro, etc.

[Yahoo!]

Why don't they just get unlockable teams.

Like classic teams All Time, Leafs, Bruins etc... but also include a Make A Wish Team. So like Sabrina, Whitaker new people etc...

There is no question that EA did a very nice community based support gesture. That should always be applauded. I agree stats should have been trimmed down.

But again, The Gift of Time Gala and EA have done a great thing.

Like classic teams All Time, Leafs, Bruins etc... but also include a Make A Wish Team. So like Sabrina, Whitaker new people etc...

I agree, a Dream team or something like that would have been cool, but I think the gift was to be a player on your favorite team.

Either way not a bad suggestion for next time.

The gift wasen't to be on her favorite team because then she would have been put on her favorite team, not a free agent.

Perhaps you missed the I think part. Because everyone I have heard complain about it has said (and she is in mine as well) on the Canucks.

Either your point is pointless she is in the game and that is the end of it.

I have 3 dynasty's (My bro, mine, friend and mine) and 3 BAP. Always on diffrent teams from...
CBJ, LA, TOR, VAN and I forget who else, but when you try to sign her she doesn't have much intrest in the Canucks.

Again, who cares where she is, its pointless.

[Avatar]

"but when you try to sign her she doesn't have much intrest in the Canucks."

Then she's making the right decision.... LOL

I noticed her the first day I had the game and promptly sent her to rot away in the DEL.

Over 800 games played and you don't know that RW goes on D for a penalty?

~Bushanie to Pitcher
[WWW] [Yahoo!]

BS, how do we know her father didn't donate the money just to get his daughter in a video game?? Cool, you want to donate money to a good cause, no problem. EA wants to encourage donations to a good cause, no problem again. Guess what, millions of people all over north america donate to good causes every day. As paying customers of an EA product, we should have been made aware of what was going on (i.e. Sabrina and her ridiculous stats).

BS, how do we know her father didn't donate the money just to get his daughter in a video game??

We know this because EA has said this, Gift of Time Gala, has said this, The Ladha's have said this....

He did donate money to the them at a PUBLIC auction for charity that is also on record. Further it was published in all the Vancouver newspapers and in the Hockey News.

Cool, you want to donate money to a good cause, no problem. EA wants to encourage donations to a good cause, no problem again. Guess what, millions of people all over north america donate to good causes every day. As paying customers of an EA product, we should have been made aware of what was going on (i.e. Sabrina and her ridiculous stats).

This is the end of this debate. EA owes you and I no explanations about whos is in the game and why. This is a pointless arguement on your part. This ends this. Nothing you will say or whine about will rail against fact. She is there deal with it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/02/2009 11:53:34

So says you. Guess what hotshot, you're opinion isn't the be-all end-all. Nobody's argueing, I'm simply stating "my" opinion on this matter. I feel, as do many others, that as a paying customer of a product, it would have been great if EA had given us a heads up on Sabrina and her Zeus-like stats.
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: