[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread  XML
The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues

Hi there, something has gone wrong in my account for the last two days. Tapping on events is not giving any money or XP ... Neither from the buildings nor from the characters completing tasks. I am also not receiving anything from visiting "neighbors" and tapping on their buildings.

Will someone please fix whatever is going wrong with my account as I have been unable to succeed at any growth in game for two days now.

Thanks, Scott

My Springfield is all messed up and destroyed and everything is messed up and does not work after visiting a friend.

Here is what it looks like today (I am level 16)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4200/img02611.png

[Avatar]

This game is screwed.
EA has zero customer service and doesnt give a rats rear about the people it swindled.

If they spent more time fixing the game and less time stealing peoples money it would help.
Im just about tapped out now.
EA. go blow your self.

"It was the best of times...it was the BLURST of times......stupid monkeys!!!! C.M Burns

Level 26
Looking for donuts..and the new forum..
Go Leafs!
Enjoy writing protests with shrubs in my springfield
Ipad 3
[WWW]

[quote=scott487]Hi there, something has gone wrong in my account for the last two days. Tapping on events is not giving any money or XP ... Neither from the buildings nor from the characters completing tasks. I am also not receiving anything from visiting "neighbors" and tapping on their buildings.

Will someone please fix whatever is going wrong with my account as I have been unable to succeed at any growth in game for two days now.

Thanks, Scott [/quote]

I, too, am having this same problem (it seems I'm not the only one). It happened randomly with absolutely no prompting; I was just playing the game as normal. It has been like this for well over 12 hours now. I've tried logging out of my account and logging back in to no avail.

I hope EA addresses this issue soon, as I thoroughly enjoy playing the game.

[Avatar]

[quote=statispro] I, too, am having this same problem (it seems I'm not the only one). It happened randomly with absolutely no prompting; I was just playing the game as normal. It has been like this for well over 12 hours now. I've tried logging out of my account and logging back in to no avail.

I hope EA addresses this issue soon, as I thoroughly enjoy playing the game.[/quote]

That is a common problem and has an easy solution, just put a tree in your inventory. My problem, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a solution. The game keeps crashing in the loading screen.
That is the worst issue with this game.

Reached Level 20, and I appear to be having the "no more quests" problem since the police station was built when I was Level 19, similar to user "lPowerBaked420l" who posted in this thread two weeks ago. I've had a non-functioning Apu in my taskbook since approximately level 3, but that doesn't seem to have stopped me from doing any other Apu-connected or other building quests thus far. The game still assigns me one random character task at a time on top of the taxman/farm tasks, but I'm starting to think that this is the end of the road with five "locked" buildings that'll never get built: Skip's Diner, Luigi's, Springfield Penitentiary, Retirement Castle and Town Hall.

The game appears completely reliant on a constant server connection, and perhaps its worst offense throughout has been to kick the player out every time that connection is interrupted or unavailable. A properly designed game would drop the player straight into the game on launch regardless of network connectivity, synchronise with the game server where possible, notify the player if connectivity is needed but unavailable (for instance when accessing the store or Friends' Springfields), and store all progress on the device itself when off-line. There are ways to deal with conflicts where multiple devices attempt to synchronise different levels of progress in the same time-based game, which I hope EA's game designers would be smart enough to implement in a future update if long-suffering players are ever to see one.

The game should no longer be generating XP on buildings or tasks if there's no more progress bar for it to fill. A good thing to do would be to substitute the XP for double the money, and maybe even throw the player the odd free donut. Speaking of free donuts, I suspect this is the end of them also, as you can no longer level up or receive donuts as a reward for tasks other than by adding friends. All I've ever had from Daily Play Mystery Boxes is individual lots of 500 money.

I spent 15 donuts buying a Homer Buddha, foolishly thinking that the description "a premium item every time!" meant it was an actual statue characters could repeatedly "pray" to (over, say, a 48-hour task or something) in exchange for a premium item, and instead received a Tree Swing. I'm thinking that similar to the Mystery Box, the only item Homer Buddha gives you is the Tree Swing. I lost count (at about 40-50) of the number of donuts I wasted for little gain, through various Taxman Cometh tasks, accidental taps and the hateful "Add Friends" tasks that won't go away.

The "We Don't Sell myPods Pt. 1" task should be rewritten to correct some minor grammatical errors, marked by asterisks: where Skinner says "Springfield Elementary will be holding it's* annual Talent Show next Thursday!", and where the task reads "Make Lisa to* Play the Sax 3 times". Slap on the wrist for both the writer and his editor.

I had fun when the game was working - which it was, for most of the time after the game was pulled from the App Store, and only when I had access to a stable Internet connection - but you really had to have some sort of horrible masochistic streak to actually enjoy the constant drop-outs and the occasional scrambled Springfield to get this far. I just hope my masochistic streak doesn't develop into something more serious.

[quote=jofre_nash][quote=statispro] I, too, am having this same problem (it seems I'm not the only one). It happened randomly with absolutely no prompting; I was just playing the game as normal. It has been like this for well over 12 hours now. I've tried logging out of my account and logging back in to no avail.

I hope EA addresses this issue soon, as I thoroughly enjoy playing the game.[/quote]

That is a common problem and has an easy solution, just put a tree in your inventory. My problem, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a solution. The game keeps crashing in the loading screen.
That is the worst issue with this game. [/quote]

Thank you so much! I did as you advised and I can now collect money and XP again. I appreciate your help!

I hope they resolve the multitude of issues currently plaguing this game soon.

[Avatar]

Vinskapur... You have it correct.
Amazing in this day and age how a franvhaise like the simpsons can be butchered by a bag game.

Its clear there are no fixes or updates. I suspect they"ll letvthis game die a slow death.

"It was the best of times...it was the BLURST of times......stupid monkeys!!!! C.M Burns

Level 26
Looking for donuts..and the new forum..
Go Leafs!
Enjoy writing protests with shrubs in my springfield
Ipad 3
[WWW]

And how does on possibly get their money back for such a waste. I have been frustrated with this game from day one, but I really liked it. Despite the bugs continuing I could usually find ways to work around it: storing an item to get $ & XP, eventually I stopped getting kicked out-as often- I got over the fact that I spent $10 on donuts and received nothing. I was patient with hours of work being lost and the fact that still MONTHS later it doesn't fully save what you did and make sure i play moves further than I need to get done in order to be saved. Generally speaking it had been rough but better than some and I am easily addicted to silly games.

Last week I made a brave decision that I realized was a risk. I spent $100 on donuts. $100. THAT'S A LOT but I am nearing the end of the quests and I wanted all the donut buildings plus some for rushing. Today I visited friends towns-which I don't do every day now because I've lost patience with it kicking me out or making me wait [b]literally[/b] 7-12 minutes before finally loading their towns. Today it put me in my friends town like it was my town. And that's when I got that DREADED bug that some people were lucky or unlucky enough to get at the beginning. About half my town is out of play area. Which I presume means I've lost all my characters in the dark area. I have more than 20 characters in the game. I have over 1200 donuts left. I'm now on level 15 instead of 20 and only have $15k instead of 40 something.

what can we do? there is no retribution. EA is being a ghost. HOW can we get any recourse?! the amount of issues with this game is unfathomable AND been happening to MULTIPLE people. How many thousands of dollars have been stolen?

Is that it for me? can I really not play the game any more. Sure work my * off to buy the hundreds of thousands of Simpsons money it cost to buy my land back and then work through multiple levels so that I'm able to continue the quests I'm already at.

All in all I just need to vent somewhere as I'm sure everyone else does but most of all I'm outraged. Yes outraged with EA. Beyond their quiet presence DON'T release a game like this unless this stuff has been tested.

What can we do?!

Woke up this morning to find the orange house missing and comic book guy gone, but I did gain back one of the land plots that I had lost before although it has more messed up roads and water that wont delete, I have a friend that I visited and got kicked out anytime I try to visit their Springfield so I'm guessing this is where the problem started.

Anyhoo, does anyone know how to get back missing characters?

My user name is ngjim
Since i built the police station,I have no any quest to build another things, any I am level 19 now, the skip's diner is still not build, please help me

After losing two buildings earlier in the week things seem to have settled down somewhat...although the game only runs for a maximum two minutes at a time before losing its connection to the server. Retry does nothing - only quitting to the home screen and restarting gets the game running again...for another two minutes when the problem repeats itself.

Hi, Skinner has said about the talent show and i now have the quest make Lisa play the sax 3 times but when i go to get her to do it it says its locked and needs the quest to be unlocked! Am i doing something wrong or is there anything I can do, any help would be appreciated as its been 2 days now and it seems to have stopped my progress and i cant build King Toot's without it.

Thanks

I am wicked pissed. I was level 18 and had most of my land expanded, while I was on a friends page something happen and I got sent back to my home page and now I'm level 14 with no land expansion and everything is messed up. WTF

Best solution to all bugs: Stop playing the game
The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues
Go to: