[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Lotus Elise : best car , or newbie car ?  XML
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion
Poll
Lotus Elise: Best Car or Newbie car?
Best Car 5% [ 2 ]
Newbie Car 95% [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 38
Author Message



[Avatar]
Joined: 07/31/2010 09:18:18
Messages: 1237
Offline

That's the question

I 'm creating this post to see if somebody else agreed with me to say that i' ve get enough to see rooms full of elises, also lvl 42 still with the elise , everybody have the lotus elise , i m a little bit disappointed .
Even if this car have the best handling( this is what i ve heard, never tryed it personally ) i see all players ( or most of them ) doing turns wall by wall only because they don't want to brake or leave for a second the gas :/

And also , the new Lotus Elise ( the real one ) have changed the engine ( now it have less power) and so the performance of this car in this game are really overrated .

I can't have fun if all the players have my car , and also buy a car just because it's " the best" or because" everybody had it" it's the worst choice ever, in real life and in videogames too

Yeahh gooo flames i expect a lot of critics for this post but maybe even some fellow

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/29/2010 08:14:22





[Avatar]
Joined: 05/18/2010 04:28:47
Messages: 498
Location: Denver, Colorado
Offline

I get what you are saying, but it's difficult to get worked up about what kind of car someone decides to drive when there are so few choices.




[Avatar]
Joined: 07/31/2010 09:18:18
Messages: 1237
Offline

nfs_web.vonPilsner wrote:I get what you are saying, but it's difficult to get worked up about what kind of car someone decides to drive when there are so few choices.


that's a good answer ,but at the moment i have 3 tier2 subaru impreza , nissan 370 z and bmw

so some other choice it's possible but nobody want to try it




[Avatar]
Joined: 07/31/2010 09:18:18
Messages: 1237
Offline

ah i was just forgetting
for me it's a newbie car





Joined: 08/17/2010 09:16:48
Messages: 72
Offline

Its definitely not a newbie car. In terms of perfomance/price its the best tier2. The street upgraded Lotus Elise have the same acceleration and handling as a stock Corvette Z06 only the top speed it cant match. So for me thats pretty good for a tier 2 car but i realy dont like the looks



[Avatar]
Joined: 07/31/2010 09:18:18
Messages: 1237
Offline

bfheroes.Lovestein wrote:Its definitely not a newbie car. In terms of perfomance/price its the best tier2. The street upgraded Lotus Elise have the same acceleration and handling as a stock Corvette Z06 only the top speed it cant match. So for me thats pretty good for a tier 2 car but i realy dont like the looks



what's the definition of newbie car for you ?

For me a newbie car is: the easiest car to drive , and that's what elise ( in this game ) is that's why everybody have it... but.... i brake , you brake, elise users don't brake!! why ? Because they have the best car tier 2 ..

No way , i can't stay on this

Best handling in wall-riding , maybe i can agree with this


edit: sorry just one other question , do you have the lotus elise?
just for complete clearness of this post

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/22/2010 03:59:08





[Avatar]
Joined: 05/18/2010 04:28:47
Messages: 498
Location: Denver, Colorado
Offline

nfsw-live.THEFUNKYMONKEY wrote:elise users don't brake!!


Nice generalization. It looks like you've found a way to feel superior because of the imaginary car you own in an online game... How nice!!!

Also, you have not convinced me to care about what car other people drive in game, I have 3 Dodges in my garage... does that make me a better person or a worse one..?!?! (actually I don't really care)

Cheers





Joined: 07/27/2010 12:26:26
Messages: 215
Offline

nfsw-live.THEFUNKYMONKEY wrote:That's the question
Even if this car have the best handling( this is what i ve heard, never tryed it personally ) i see all players ( or most of them ) doing turns wall by wall only because they don't want to brake or leave for a second the gas :/



The lotus has the best handling - there is no need to wall ride because you can get nearly all turns without that. You
need wallriding for example with the S4, Lancer, Lambo, GTR or Corvette . The lotus racer is no problem. First of
all the magnet idi*ts and then the T3 racer without ability to controll their cars. Crashing nearly all stuff on track. In
this context the most Audi S4 racer too.

And why should i race a car with horrible handling when racing with my lotus is heavenly? Well, this makes no
sense at all. I´ve tried some races with my R35 but it is more punishment than racing. For pursuit - really good - for
racing - not really. Even my Lancer Pro is lightyears poorer to handle.

To cut a long story short : It is totally dumb to race a car with horrible handling instead of using the best you can
get. Why should i race freely a "tank" without nearly any chance to win? Right, just a newbie would do this because
of lacking expertise. Thats the point. Racer with expertise using the best to win. Really simple.

Regards from Germany,
Matthias aka Breaker39









Joined: 03/14/2010 09:52:51
Messages: 1481
Offline

In the betas, the Porsche Cayman had a bit better acceleration, but much less grip than the Lotus Elise, and sometimes players would with with the Porsche by ramming the Elise, depending on the track, but normally the Elise would win, especially with perfect start glitch in the betas, allowing the Elise to pull away in the first turn of track.

I compared NFS World versus NFS Carbon. One of the main diffferences is that you lose a lot of speed hitting a wall in NFS Carbon, but you lose much less speed hitting a wall in NFS World. The tier 2 Lotus Elise, with dragster, nervers, and needforspeed skill at 3/3 can run about 1:15 at Lincoln Blvd no nitrous used. The Audi R8 from Carbon is not much quicker, if any (also no nitrous used) and you have to minimize how hard you hit any walls, taking turns much slower. NFS World cars seem to have more grip than the cars of NFS Carbon (except for the ultra fast, ultra grippy, cop Z06 in Carbon, which requires a trainer to unlock).

I also compared NFS World versus NFS Most Wanted, and the Most Wanted cars are overall faster, not sure about acceleration, but Most Wanted cars have more speed and grip. The Elise in Most Wanted has the best cornering grip, but it's steering is sensitive, making it one of the more difficult cars to drive. The Carerra GT has less grip, but more acceleration, top speed, and more nitrous than any other car, making it the fastest car in Most Wanted.


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/22/2010 04:59:52




[Avatar]
Joined: 07/31/2010 09:18:18
Messages: 1237
Offline

nfs_web.vonPilsner wrote:
nfsw-live.THEFUNKYMONKEY wrote:elise users don't brake!!


Nice generalization. It looks like you've found a way to feel superior because of the imaginary car you own in an online game... How nice!!!

Also, you have not convinced me to care about what car other people drive in game, I have 3 Dodges in my garage... does that make me a better person or a worse one..?!?! (actually I don't really care)

Cheers


i don't think superior to no- one ,
but a skilled driver(player) have no problems to face off some hard cars , and maybe you have al the dodge's to doing pursuits or you can actually enjoy to drive all the dodges , you don't say this to us so dunno , but if you are driving the elise only to get "your"chance to win , yep dude , that's a newbie way to think





Joined: 07/20/2010 09:23:04
Messages: 53
Location: UK
Offline

There is almost no need to use walls to ride in the Elise. On many occasions wall riding in an elise would result in a lot of flipping onto 2 wheels if used excessively due to it being a light car - which brings me onto the second thing about it. The elise is so flimsy that coming into contact with traffic - or in most cases players who cannot handle their cars ends up with the elise almost always coming off worst. Not only that, because quite a lot of non-elise drivers on many tracks fail to drive without using walls then elise drivers fortunately have the handling to evade all the mess that these drivers create on the track, and then of course all the magnet users who have to magnet elise users because mostly they cannot keep up.

If you choose to alienate yourself from other racers then so be it. Basically you have just called everyone in this game who drives an elise a "noob". Way to go FunkyMonkey, see you in game in my noob car. At level 40 i'll be buying the BMW tier 3, I suppose because I saved my money up for this, and that it may well become the most used t3 car eventually, I'll be a noob for that too eh.

PS: I brake a lot, trouble is I get rear-ended by people who can't drive. I also feather the accelerator using my xbox controller on some corners - this results in the same. If I choose to brake then why can't the guy behind me? Simple - they don't want to, they'd rather ram you or wall ride - and I'm not talking about elise users or for the most part drivers of any car - it's because of the driver.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/22/2010 05:57:22


[WWW]



[Avatar]
Joined: 02/16/2010 16:45:36
Messages: 268
Location: Dullsville, Romania
Offline

I'm racing with a Lotus because it's the most girly of all tier 2 cars. And because it handles great and that is what I usually go for. And I've had one since Beta 1. So it's not because I expect some easy wins because I have one.
But I get what you're saying. I feel the same about those driving the Silvias for t1 while I have a Mazda.

Hi, I'm Andreea.





Joined: 07/26/2010 19:42:24
Messages: 145
Offline

I know english must not be your first language and all, but still, half your posts make no sense, and when they do, they are silly and (the Jen Aniston word here). I think your a newb to life.. ;p



[Avatar]
Joined: 07/31/2010 09:18:18
Messages: 1237
Offline

(nice arguments dude , sorry to cut , but i ve liked a lot your point from there
quote=nfs_web.rcgldr]... )
I also compared NFS World versus NFS Most Wanted, and the Most Wanted cars are overall faster, not sure about acceleration, but Most Wanted cars have more speed and grip. The Elise in Most Wanted has the best cornering grip, but it's steering is sensitive, making it one of the more difficult cars to drive. The Carerra GT has less grip, but more acceleration, top speed, and more nitrous than any other car, making it the fastest car in Most Wanted.




For what i can see from other driving style with elise , it seems have a good corner-angle and also a nonsensitive steer, that's why basically they crash at first turn just to be ahead and then "maybe" they drive clean ( way easy) , i m not saying that who use that it's a newbie, but infact using the elise it's a newbie way to act

fortunatelly we don't drive all with the same car , otherwise will be a complete failure , don't you think guys ?





[Avatar]
Joined: 07/31/2010 09:18:18
Messages: 1237
Offline

nfsw-live.BONG0DETH wrote:I know english must not be your first language and all, but still, half your posts make no sense, and when they do, they are silly and (the Jen Aniston word here). I think your a newb to life.. ;p


who is jen aniston, it's your guru ?
seems that other guys understand me, probably my english it's not at oxford lvl , but hey dude i really don't care about your opinion , at 100 % you are a lotus elise newbie for life, and if i don't get wrong , this isn't the first post you do against me , so i hope to entertain you other times , im glad you have something to do in your life


Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion
Go to: