[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
SimCity Download - Eastern Timezone  XML
Origin  > General Discussion

I was pretty disapointed with my pre-order, took 4-5 hours just to be able to start downloading.

RIP old maxis and westwood. You are truly missed.

Mr Reaperz

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/2013 03:41:49

Community Manager
[Avatar]

Hey all, after going through this thread (and the many similar ones), let me first of all apologize to each and every one of you; as gamers ourselves, we absolutely appreciate how aggravating it is to sit there and not be able to play. So yes, we are very sorry for the delay, and I just hope that once you have started playing, you can enjoy the game itself its fullest, despite this experience!

Let me address a few more points for you all:

1.) Pre-Loads: We agree, pre-loads are very important, which is why we usually offer them (as we did for all of our last big releases like Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3). This didn't come together for SimCity unfortunately, for which I again apologize.

2.) Communciation: As they have a far larger outreach than the forums, we tend to use our social media channels like facebook.com/origininsider and @OriginInsider (general news) as well as @OriginStatus (outage and maintenance news) to keep you up-to-date on any issues.

3.) Please review our refund policy here: https://help.ea.com/article/returns-and-cancellations

If you have any further questions, I will keep a close eye on this thread.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/06/2013 15:21:26

I no longer work for EA. If you need help, please use the "Bugs/Issues" section, or head to help.ea.com

Follow / Talk to me on Twitter - @Com_Raven

7:30 EST , still waiting to be able to download ... buttons are greyed out.

Anyone else still having this problem?

[quote=NDC-Asylum]7:30 EST , still waiting to be able to download ... buttons are greyed out.

Anyone else still having this problem?[/quote]

I was, but completely closing out Origin and its processes and restarting it fixed it for me. Downloaded and patching up at the moment

I am still 8:22 EST and still greyed out. Logging off and exiting and reloading doesn't help.

So its 9AM on 3/5/13 and all it still says is "not yet released" and the game was added on October 5th 2012 (when I preordered) I've tried to get into a chat with origin but i got looped 3 times... got down to 5 min and then jumped back up to anything from 160min to 330min wait times. This last time I was waiting it just forced logged me out of origin giving me no error but "time expired" now I have to wait in the queue again.

I was reading some people it says that will be released on the 7th now but I live in North America and EST but don't even have a release time on the game itself. Only "Not yet released: you have successfully Pre-ordered SimCity Digital Deluxe Edition"

Community Manager
[Avatar]

No, the release date of March 7th is not correct for US customers; that is the date for the majority of the EU.

I no longer work for EA. If you need help, please use the "Bugs/Issues" section, or head to help.ea.com

[quote=EA_ComRaven]No, the release date of March 7th is not correct for US customers; that is the date for the majority of the EU.[/quote]

good to know thanks.

09:50 EST. SC download is still not unlocked. I do have the Digital Deluxe version. I did get the Plumbob Park key, which activated just fine.

I am also still getting the "account is in use elsewhere" message when I start Origin. I did have it running on another computer that I cannot access currently. Does it not log out the other computer (from Origin) when I authenticate here?

Community Manager
[Avatar]

You can select for the other computer to be kicked offline, and to log in on the current machine, yes. Please note that we are however currently experiencing an issue where some players get this message in error.

[quote=EA_ComRaven]You can select for the other computer to be kicked offline, and to log in on the current machine, yes. Please note that we are however currently experiencing an issue where some players get this message in error.[/quote]

That's what I do every time. Figured it was just in error, but wanted to make sure it can't cause me any trouble with the download I can't do yet...

We should assume that OriginInsider was being overly...optimistic when it stated SC should have been all
unlocked four or five hours ago now? Else I would assume something is in error with my account specifically?

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/2013 07:10:46

[quote=drdoak][quote=EA_ComRaven]You can select for the other computer to be kicked offline, and to log in on the current machine, yes. Please note that we are however currently experiencing an issue where some players get this message in error.[/quote]

That's what I do every time. Figured it was just in error, but wanted to make sure it can't cause me any trouble with the download I can't do yet...

We should assume that OriginInsider was being overly...optimistic when it stated SC should have been all
unlocked four or five hours ago now? Else I would assume something is in error with my account specifically?

Thanks.[/quote]

yea i keep getting the same exact error
(that im logged in elsewhere) and my other two computers are completely off. I also reset my password to make sure someone else isnt on.

back up to 205 min wait in the chat queue.

Origin, can you please confirm the time and date when Aussies are suppose to have access to this. There seems to be a lot of conflict in regards to this.

Community Manager
[Avatar]

Gamers down under can join in at Thur Mar. 07, 2013, 00:01 AEST/AEDT

Is there anyone that can tell use what is going on and why i cannot download yet, What is being done, How long they expect it to be broken, ETC, ETC. and for the record "working as fast as they can" or "ASAP" is not an answer
Origin  > General Discussion
Go to: