[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
The "I've Lost My Springfield" Thread  XML
The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues

Wow I'm amazed to hear of these lost games coming back from the dead. Oh well, whenever I'm bored I will delete and reinstall the game in the hopes that my city is there again. Got nothing to lose I guess.

Add me to the list of people who have been screwed by this game. $30 down the drain because the game decided to start me over at level one. I know others have lost more, but this is simply unacceptable. If money wasn't involved, I'd be annoyed but move on. However, money IS involved and I want a full refund.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/09/2012 06:55:41

[Avatar]

[quote=bossofbam]Add me to the list of people who have been screwed by this game. $30 down the drain because the game decided to start me over at level one. I know others have lost more, but this is simply unacceptable. If money wasn't involved, I'd be annoyed but move on. However, money IS involved and I want a full refund.[/quote]

DON'T waste your time here asking for a refund. EA ignores their customers as their business model.

Write to Apple's iTunes store directly to request a refund. (Be sure to include the order code number, which you can find in your iTunes order history.)

Apple should refund your money as hey know the game is a buggy mess.

[quote=michelleus66][quote=bossofbam]Add me to the list of people who have been screwed by this game. $30 down the drain because the game decided to start me over at level one. I know others have lost more, but this is simply unacceptable. If money wasn't involved, I'd be annoyed but move on. However, money IS involved and I want a full refund.[/quote]

DON'T waste your time here asking for a refund. EA ignores their customers as their business model.

Write to Apple's iTunes store directly to request a refund. (Be sure to include the order code number, which you can find in your iTunes order history.)

Apple should refund your money as hey know the game is a buggy mess.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have come to accept that I will NEVER be able to log back into my Springfield; however, I am really angry at the multiple times I gave in and bought donuts (particularly during the Halloween time when I had no choice if I wanted to stop Kang).

My question is, how do I go about getting a refund for my wasted money buying donuts for a game that no longer works on my ipad?

Thanks

[quote=michelleus66][quote=bossofbam]Add me to the list of people who have been screwed by this game. $30 down the drain because the game decided to start me over at level one. I know others have lost more, but this is simply unacceptable. If money wasn't involved, I'd be annoyed but move on. However, money IS involved and I want a full refund.[/quote]

Apple should refund your money as hey know the game is a buggy mess.[/quote]

iTunes has already issued me a refund! Thanks so much for the heads up!

They were able to restore my Springfield.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/22/2013 05:14:14

Thanks for contacting Electronic Arts again.

I am afraid to say that we are unable to provide the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) to resolve this issue. I wish, I could reinstate your game and the in-game items. However we won't have tool to do so. EA simply develops the games and makes them available to your itunes. For more information and updates regarding the issue, please check the link given below:

https://help.ea.com/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-current-known-issues

If there is anything else I may assist you with, please update this email and let me know.

Regards,
Manuj Sharma
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

Not sure if EA checks these boards or this thread, but I just lost my Springfield with the post-Halloween update. All the Halloween stuff I got is just gone. I'm pretty peeved right now. And I'm definitely logged in, because it says I have to either claim a level 5 Springfield I started when I was once logged off of Origin or start from ground zero.

[quote=TALLEN77]Thanks for contacting Electronic Arts again.

I am afraid to say that we are unable to provide the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) to resolve this issue. I wish, I could reinstate your game and the in-game items. However we won't have tool to do so. EA simply develops the games and makes them available to your itunes. For more information and updates regarding the issue, please check the link given below:

https://help.ea.com/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-current-known-issues

If there is anything else I may assist you with, please update this email and let me know.

Regards,
Manuj Sharma
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience
[/quote]

Ahh what's this? Why are they talking about themselves in 3rd person? "...EA simply develops the games and makes them available...". If EA aren't able to restore our games then who do we contact??

Before I started a new Springfield, I dug around on the forums and found a post of someone who got their Springfield back by deleting and reinstalling the app. I tried that and it worked for me. May or may not work for some of you...but worth the try.

So another content update, yet still no fix. 5 weeks now for me with no resolution. Maybe EA should have the two teams switch jobs, as the one fixing the issues appears to be useless

Lost my lvl 19 Springfield effective this morning. I've been having the same trouble as everyone else over the last few days of consistent server issues and then opened the app this morning and was not logged in to Origin, when I tried to log in it processed as normal however it's taking me back to the very beginning of the game. I have not heard of any successful attempts of getting the game restored so I imagine it's time to begin the refund request process of getting back money that has apparently been wasted on this troubled game.

I lost mine once and freaked out. I ended up going through the beginning tutorial again to get to the log in screen.. logged in and my springfield was back.

[Avatar]

[quote=sicycat]I lost mine once and freaked out. I ended up going through the beginning tutorial again to get to the log in screen.. logged in and my springfield was back. [/quote]

This is what happens when you get logged out.

When EA loses your city, no amount of going through the tutorial again will bring it back.

Every time you log in, the game asks you if "the level 1 (or level 5) game on this device" is yours.

When you hit "no", the game informs you you're about to create a new Springfield.

Those are the only two options you get.

So, you didn't lose your city like most of us did. You only got logged out.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues
Go to: