[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Tiger Woods 2010 PC  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion

Not what i expected like xbox marketplace pay for everything? If it stops them from hacking the game i'll try anything.
http://kotaku.com/5270042/tiger-woods-pc-a...-come-on-a-disc

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/29/2009 08:08:11

[Avatar]

MAIN.Dhar6231 wrote: Not what i expected

Trust me...I think you'll like it.

Apply to Become an EA SPORTS Game Changer here: http://bit.ly/bdfJEB

[WWW]

[Avatar]

MAIN.Dhar6231 wrote: Not what i expected like xbox marketplace pay for everything?

They had to try something revolutionary to keep the PC franchise profitable. This is a bold step and one that's not going to come without creating a lot of ripples in the currently hard drive installable software community. I think this will allow a lot of people to get a pretty good taste of how the PC version of the game plays without paying out any cash. If they like what they see, they'll be enticed to subscribe/pay for more on an as needed basis. One thing about streamable distribution, it's pirate proof and that's utltimately what they had to protect themselves from.

Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football!... Coach Cutcliff

[Avatar]

Check this thread out to sign up for the BETA:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/237495.page

Apply to Become an EA SPORTS Game Changer here: http://bit.ly/bdfJEB

[WWW]

I have a feeling this won't be a big seller. If you own a console then there seems to be no reason to get this over the console version -- or even in addition to. Call me a pessimist but this could very well be the last year we see Tiger Woods on the PC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/2009 08:46:45

[Avatar]

JB, I seem to be caught in the dreaded loop!

I'm trying to register but it tells me my email is already in use?

HEY! It's just an opinion!!

Buc,

Sign into your account, and create a new EA.COM ID, you cannot use your classic ID or console ID.

Tim

[Avatar]

slightly frustrated

OK, I am at the Sign In page and when I click the pretty blue box, I go to a blank page.

HEY! It's just an opinion!!

Before you sign up for the beta, sign into your EA Account, and create a new persona.

Tim

xbox.BUC KRAZY wrote:slightly frustrated

OK, I am at the Sign In page and when I click the pretty blue box, I go to a blank page.

after at least 20 tries, it's just not meant to be

[Avatar]

spore.MountainMan wrote:Call me a pessimist but this could very well be the last year we see Tiger Woods on the PC.

... I don't know that I'd call that pessimistic - if they are going to continually update/upgrade/enhance the game (sort of a "continuous improvement" program) there will be no need for another version ... assuming they even call this version TW 2010 ...

Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - so, look, please try to understand before one of us dies.

[Avatar]

MAIN.UserDBaran wrote:
spore.MountainMan wrote:Call me a pessimist but this could very well be the last year we see Tiger Woods on the PC.

... I don't know that I'd call that pessimistic - if they are going to continually update/upgrade/enhance the game (sort of a "continuous improvement" program) there will be no need for another version ... assuming they even call this version TW 2010 ...

Great point! I think this is the last year we'll ever see a Tiger Woods golf game on the PC, but it will be so easy to upgrade on the server end that it will never be outdated.

Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football!... Coach Cutcliff

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

spore.MountainMan wrote:I have a feeling this won't be a big seller. If you own a console then there seems to be no reason to get this over the console version -- or even in addition to. Call me a pessimist but this could very well be the last year we see Tiger Woods on the PC.

So if you can play this game on ANY PC in the world, that is not an advantage over consoles? Having swing interfaces using the keyboard and mouse is not an advantage over consoles?

If this was the last year of TW PC, why would EA Sports be investing in a completely new engine and delivery method if this was only going to last a year?

I think you have judged the game based upon VERY few facts....there is always a chance you may be right, but I believe continuing with what they had with TW08 for PC was closer to seeing the end of the PC version than this completely new game....

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Odyssey White Ice 35" Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

I have to agree with Tim here, if EA is going to constantly upgrade the PC version that they are working on, this will be around for a long time, I think the best thing for anyone wanting a new PC version is to sign up for the beta and voice your concerns and suggestions.

Tim

[Avatar]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/29/2009 13:36:14

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion
Go to: