NHL Series  > NHL® Talk
Poll
Who will win this series?
(3) Coyotes 40% [ 17 ]
(6) Blackhawks 60% [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 42

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

LuGer33 wrote:Mike Smith shuts the door. Coyotes in 6.

I win this one.

[Origin: LuGer33x] [Steam: LuGer33] [Xbox Live: LuGer33] [PSN: LuGer33x]

[Avatar]

Buh-Bye, blackhawks

next round NOOB vs NOOB (nash vs pho) lol

PC>PS4+Xbox One
[WWW]

[Avatar]

PuckFulsGod2u wrote:Buh-Bye, blackhawks

If they are "NOOBS" then what does the make the wings? Hmmm?

[Avatar]

Given the talent on the roster, where do you begin with trying to improve the power play and penalty kill next season? New assistant coaches?

[Avatar]

Chicago is going to be lethal next season, Huet's contract is done and that will free up major cap space.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

TnAPenguiN wrote:Chicago is going to be lethal next season, Huet's contract is done and that will free up major cap space.

Huet wasn't on the cap because they loaned him out.
[WWW]

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

TNA Equalizer wrote:Given the talent on the roster, where do you begin with trying to improve the power play and penalty kill next season? New assistant coaches?

I wrote an large piece in Blakhawks talk about the changes needed to be made. I do think this team needs an entire facelift though. The defense, goaltending and special teams has been terrible.

[WWW]

SirPsychoT wrote:
TNA Equalizer wrote:Given the talent on the roster, where do you begin with trying to improve the power play and penalty kill next season? New assistant coaches?

I wrote an large piece in Blakhawks talk about the changes needed to be made. I do think this team needs an entire facelift though. The defense, goaltending and special teams has been terrible.

Is your forum name there the same here?

And is it in its own topic or tacked on somewhere?

Forgive me for being lazy to just go look myself.

TheAsceticHope wrote:
SirPsychoT wrote:

He is talking about Blackhawks talk on this forum

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/465/1199040.page

[Avatar]

hockeyphenom87 wrote:
PuckFulsGod2u wrote:Buh-Bye, blackhawks

If they are "NOOBS" then what does the make the wings? Hmmm?

not noobs...

noobs means two new franchises that haven't really established themselves... wings have 4 cups since the 90's and more over the entire nhl existence!

PC>PS4+Xbox One
[WWW]

[Avatar]

For starters Kitchen has to go. Two years ago our powerplay was top in the league and running a strict overload that never looked the same and a penalty kill that actually pressured the puck which I believe gase us the most shorthanded goals in the league. The past two years now we've have a penalty kill that just gets mesmerized by the puck with absolutely no pressure, and a powerplay that plays a strict umbrella that looks the same every time and they can't even do it right. When you're running and umbrella and trying to get shots from the points you can't just camp out on the perimeters. You need to collapse it.

Secondly, the Hawks are long overdue for a true #1 goalie. Crawford has proven to be nothing more than a career backup calibur player at least for Chicago. A trade including him along with another star such as possibly Kane or even Keith need to be made. We need a goalie who can play 45-60 games and put up good numbers along with prove themselves in pressure situations. Hutton or Salak can easily take up the role of backup goaltender.

In my person opinion, Brent Seabrook is our true number 1 dman. Duncan Keith I think is one of the most overrated dmen in the league and therefore could still be of good trade value. Along with this we need some more physicality out of our back six. I'm sorry Hjammerlson, but your shot blocks don't make up for your many turnovers and extremely horrible pressure. You don't just turn past a guy swinging your stick, play the body. Oduya I haven't really minded but he is definitely a 2nd pair dman. Leddy has potential but needs a substantial confidence boost. Lepisto can stay with Olsen and bring up one more guy from Rockford or from trade.

My utmost biggest problem with the Hawks is their giant lack of physicality. Every game should be treated like a playoff game. Checks should always be finished. None of this turn around sweeping the stick "oh I hope I knocked it away from him" nonsense. It would be nice to for once be the team that isn't drained by the 3rd period because we've been getting tossed around like ragdolls all game long; do it to the other team. When I say treat every game like it's the playoffs I mean get the puck to the net and get traffic. Not over pass or try all this cute crap constantly. Bombard the opposing goalie. Byfuglien was praised when he was a Hawk for picking up the 2nd and 3rd chances. Other than that, he sucked for us all year long.

I can continue on more, but this is sufficient for now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/2012 16:14:20

Lers wrote:
TheAsceticHope wrote:
SirPsychoT wrote:

He is talking about Blackhawks talk on this forum

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/465/1199040.page

Thanks, I thought he was talking about the Blackhawks website message board.
NHL Series  > NHL® Talk
Go to: