[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
The "I've Lost My Springfield" Thread  XML
The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues

You can tweet Bernard Kim the Senior Vice President of Social and Mobile Publishing at EA. His handle is @gamerbk. If enough people make enough noise maybe something will be done

Just happened to me level 18 don't suppose there is any news

Same happened to me.

At once I got a level one springfield

Why won't they let us know what they are doing to fix it???

Happened to me a week ago. I was on level 24, it resettled me to level lvl 1. How about e-mailing ea games?

was level 23, spent almost a hundred dollars worth of donuts, and now my town reset to level 1 and wrote over my game. EA please fix this. origin id is: Nanettew77

or you can pm me back here

Yeah, this is absolutely terrible. I was level 23, just finished Barney's bowling alley. I was collecting from my houses about 30 minutes prior to this happening. Went to log in, and BOOM my town was gone. Same thing happened to my buddy at work, he suggested deleting and reinstalling but that didn't work. He lost his town before and he ended up playing to level 5 or 6, logged out and logged back in and his old Springfield was back. I tried that as well but no luck. Now I'm afraid by doing that may have overwrote the level 23 I had. I can't complain much because I didn't spend any money on donughts. Just countless hours of my time. I had almost 70 blue houses, almost 30 white houses, and all I had left to build(currently) was channel 6, hibberts practice, and the hospital. I've deleted and reinstalled the app over 10 times, phone off and on, deleting from the task bar. No luck yet. After trolling through the 17 pages on this topic, I've finally come to accept the fact that my level 23 isn't coming back. Someone here said they deleted and reinstalled everyday and it magically came back one day. I'm not holding out any hope though. Ugh..I refuse to restart either because of the lack of dependability from EA. these posts go back over two months with no resolve, so obviously EA thinks its acceptable that iTunes refunds people for their screw up, but they have no obligation to fix people's lost towns, which basically boils down to refunding the hours and hours of time we spent on it. Oh well, never again will I play an EA game.

I have a big problem with the game for iPhone ...
I use to play an iPhone 4s ...
The other day while I was trying to access my Springfield, I noticed I had lost everything!!
I was at level 19 and I found myself at level 1 ...
I tried to logout and login, I deleted the game and reinstalled but the problem seems to persist ...
Friends say that I have the game in their screen friendships I appear as a player of level 1!
Please fix it!
Email: Dottor_Tanz@live.it
User ID: Dottor_Tanz

Thank you!

I apologize if my English is not perfect but I'm Italian!
[Email]

<---------see that? That's not me.

It all started on Dec. 6. I'd been playing the Simpsons Christmas version long enough to finish homer building the snowman. I was level 16, had stuff from the Halloween version, those very expencive parade balloons, and big fat tony. All of a sudden I can't connect. I'm patient and I waited. Later that night I tried connecting again. Success! I finished out missions and set people to doing more jobs. Later on I can't connect again. It says I've been logged out and to log back in, but it doesn't reconize my email and password. Sounds familiar, right? The next day I'm getting a little anxious so I started reading the forums (where everyone is having the same problem, but no one official is giving any answers).

Here's where the fun starts. To see if Origin still recognizes me (because my game says I can't log into it) I log into Origin online. There I am. Robbie_gage. Looking for help or someone to email I find myself redirected to EA help. That forum says I'm not logged in. So I think, "ok, different forum, got to log in again." when I log in it says I need an ID. I typed in my ID. It says it's not available. That's funny, I thought these sites were connected. I tried again. Nope. I started typing in anything I could think of. I keep getting rejected. In a rage I typed in the message I kept getting hence the stupid ID. Accepted. I started asking questions and looking for answers. All there was left was to wait. On a whim I tried to log into my game. It logged me in...as this stupid ID. Level 1 game. Everything I'd done was gone. I sent 2 emails the the "help" and haven't gotten a reply yet. My game is still there. My friends can still visit it. I want back in.

In defeat I slunked back to my iPad and, gulp, started a new game. No cemetaries, no house of evil, no big fat tony, no balloons, and no donuts. I'm busting my but to get back to where I was so I can at least acquire all the Xmas stuff before it goes away. I notice the reindeer. It says it'll give you 50% bonus to money and xp. That's great! That will help me get back to where I was. So I spend my hard won donuts on it. I set all available characters to do 1 hour jobs to test it. Upon returning and tapping on their little completed bodies I'm rewarded with 18xp instead of 17xp and about $2 more than I would have gotten normally. This is the 3% bonus I get from having trees and houses and what not. No 50% bonus.

Is there any other way EA would like to enflict soul crushing dissappointment upon me?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/16/2012 14:28:24

Add me to the list of players who have gone from level 20-something back to level 1. I just tallied up my donut spending and I am ready to ask Apple if I can get my $130 back. I've already tried all the uninstall/reinstall suggestions, but I'm going to give it overnight to see if something on Origin's end fixes itself.

Well, for those of you who are brave enought to trudge forward from the beginning again despite no compensation whatsoever, you may add me. Robbie519. I do not have a million brown, decorated houses. Nor am I level 23 or 24 or whatever. I think I'm back up to 10. We all seem to be in the same boat so l'll gladly friend anyone at this point in an effort to get back to where I was (minus the things I can't get back). If your in the same position at I am you'll need help from friends even if it only comes in the form of 25xp at a time.

Hi there!!

I lost my game data on Dec 13 and i tried to delete the game and reinstall it for twice but failed. I waited for more than 3 days but no solution.
I am so upset because I really love this game and everying details in the games are perfect. I have already a beautiful town and enjoy playing everyday. But suddenly everything disappeared!!
I really hope your guys can fix the problem as soon as possible.

********If you can restore my game data before the Xmas version is already every enough for me*********

Chirsmax is coming and i hope i can have my Springfield back before Xmas and wish you all a Merry Xmas.

My ID: sophyhello
Email: sophy_fly@yahoo.com
Lel:24

My town was lost some time ago and restarted from beginning.

But my kids have got a new one started, I'm almost hoping that the old one doesn't return...(Christmas is cancelled with 300 coins and no place to spend them)
The only problem I have is the game is not letting me collect donuts??
It's stuck @5 no matter what, it's levelled up, Lisa found another and statue bonus all disappearing, kids have got level back to 11, but there's no way I'm spending real money on it if a:the donuts vanish, b:it's going to crash and restart..

Free game or not if you want to make money on this game EA, you better fix it, and start handing out some 'good will'

Just lost my lvl 23 Springfield! I have tried all the tricks mentioned and have not been able to get it back.

Happened shortly after Christmas update

Gamer ID: TonicKronic

I've posted in here about my lost Springfield. Everyone here is posting about their lost Springfield. I've emailed "help" twice. I've started a new town. It's sad because I don't have any of my Halloween stuff. I don't have the super expensive thanksgiving balloons I bought. I beginning to think no one is listening.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/17/2012 22:58:41

So I log into my Simpsons and am greeted with an update. When my game opens I'm presented with a deal to basically buy the santas village and get Santa homer and a holiday tree for free. Are you guys SERIOUS! You want me, after being locked out of my town for days, then loosing my first town, then having to start over to spend ACTUAL MONEY to purchase something in this game. What am I supposed to do if there's another malfunction on your part and I loose everything again. I'm still mad as it is. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if I spent more money. You have moxie asking people to spend money in this game after the fiasco we've been through.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out  > Bugs & Issues
Go to: