[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Online Cooperative Season/Dynasty/BAP.... whatever.  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

Not sure if this suggestion has made it's way onto this forum already...

For those of us who simply get tired of playing against the thousands of glitchers, there's not much else to play online. We can either face off against a friend in versus mode, or try to get a group of friends together to play an OTP match.

What I'd be interested in, is some sort of a cooperative online mode, where my friends and I can face off against an entirely CPU controlled team. To add to that, it would be amazing if we could have the ability to participate in some sort of Season/Dynasty/BAP mode cooperatively. I imagine it would sort of make it like an Online Coop Club.

I imagine there's a way to do this if you and a friend could always be in front of the same console, but I don't live near most of the people I play NHL 09 with.

I parallel this idea with certain recent FPS titles that allow you to complete game content cooperatively. Sure it's fun to go head to head versus another Club/Clan. But I'm sure there are many players who rather than compete against another human, would like to work together against the CPU to see if they can win the Stanley Cup.

What do you guys on the forums think about this? Would this be something you'd enjoy?

Also, what problems do you see with something like this?

Madden NFL10 has online franchise( 32 teams in total and not all teams need to be human controlled) and online 2 player co-op vs cpu. I; like you, am hoping they bring this to the NHL series as well, with it being in Madden; I am hopeful
( perhaps even expectant). I would also like to see co-op Dynasty , but i would take what I can.

We should hear more on the Dynasty stuff soon. I know this was one of the main things Double O was asking about during the community event, so look for his ( and other event participants) write up when EA gives the green light for them to talk about it.

For now, keep your fingers crossed.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/17/2009 20:32:25

Mr. Some.....YES!!!!!

I'm with you 100%!! EA needs to ensure folks that don't want to play human vs human STILL HAVE AN ONLINE OPTION!!

Even if they don't give us the friggin dynasty, they need to remove the restriction that forces all online play to have human players on both teams. I'm with you. I can't stand the glitchers and general vs play. My online hockey brood does not live close enough to where I can play co-op in the same room. We need an option to play together online against the CPU AI just like 2K has had in their franchise for years.

I personally don't care about ranked contests or online won/loss records. If EA has to make this co-op VS AI unranked - It's a start!!

Here are some of interesting new online features that could potentially spawn from this:

**Online practice shootarounds where all team/league players hop online and complete an unranked practice contest agaist the computer.
**Online dynasty where folks could manage their own online dynasties with friends. You could enjoy drop-in co-op and join your friend's dynasty and help them get past a pesky opponent, or win a playoff series. The dynasty thing could really take off where you can have league commissioners, online drafting and trading amongst human players.

Many folks here play human vs human online, so these cries for true AI enabled co-op might fall on deaf ears. This feature was removed after NHL 2004, and has not been put back into the frachise!! C'mon EA - let's go here!

Yeah. I was thinking about the option that I think Madden has, where a friend can play as the opponent in any of the games of your Dynasty mode if you want.

I imagine this could work the same way if they wanted to do it easily. Just have 1 console "host/save" all of the Dynasty info, and just let a friend(s) join in on games and play on the same team, whenever you wanted.

I'm sure they could expand on that.

Yes MrSome, I have spent many posts/emails in pursuit of COOP features in NHL 10, we used to have them in NHL 2004, and they were removed and since then we must have at least one human player on each team.

It was in one of my LONG emails to EA where I specifically suggested that the EA sports teams work more closely, so that when Madden gets a great feature like COOP, NHL would get it as well. If a feature doesn't work in one game, then it could be removed from both with this kind of cooperation.

Since COOP was in PC NHL 2004, I can tell you that we had no problems as far as the actual COOP implementation. Of course systems/consoles have grown in leaps and bounds since then, and I fully expect issues to occur. However, those issues are not a worry as long as it is being implemented. Some of us understand the EA sports team has less than a year to make the NHL series the best it can be during that time. It's tough to get everything implemented in such a short time frame, and we try to give leeway to those sports titles that have to be finished within a specified time frame.

We also need to be sure that for those issues that arise, we have decent support and patching once we make the purchase.

Hopefully our concerns will be addressed in the future. Thanks for bringing it up again!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/17/2009 10:09:00

NHL 10 Wish list:COOP, me and a friend miles apart , on the same team, versus the AI.

Absolutely Pharseer!! Hopefully folks that can see the benefits of adding co-op can help influence Littman to add it in there.

yea 2k8 had a real exciting mode of online dysnaty, everybody contriolled a team. the only real flaw was that it only had the number of teams to the the amount of controlled teams. This way if you wanted a 30 team run you gotta have dudes. It would be nice to have the CPU to control the other teams, and some how sync all the databases when the game is turned on.

Either way, bring back multi player dynasty. Make it deep, that how she likes it!

[Avatar]

xbox.jankeshanks wrote:yea 2k8 had a real exciting mode of online dysnaty, everybody contriolled a team. the only real flaw was that it only had the number of teams to the the amount of controlled teams. This way if you wanted a 30 team run you gotta have dudes. It would be nice to have the CPU to control the other teams, and some how sync all the databases when the game is turned on.

Either way, bring back multi player dynasty. Make it deep, that how she likes it!

lol

nice

yeah i love this idea. it would be awesome.

Count me in on this one. I don't usually bother posting on these boards, but I would be a HUGE fan of this feature. As it stands now my brother and I end up driving an hour to each others house each weekend ... dragging along the hard drive with our current dynasty on it. If we could play online coop I don't think I'd ever sleep.

Thats an awesome idea

Pineapple Xpress

Agreed, just having this ability would be amazing.

Not having our friends close enough to get in a good NHL game (being on the same team vs. AI) with makes it a necessary addition for some of us.

NHL 10 Wish list:COOP, me and a friend miles apart , on the same team, versus the AI.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea. It's just one of those things that I think would make me enjoy the experience more.

I know there are many players online that are way better than I am. And in the recent months, the only players left online are the hardcore. So when I get online to play, I get smoked. That gets frustrating after losing so many. So either I play my offline modes, or don't play at all. More to the latter...

Which stinks because this is pretty much the only game my friends and I play, but recently we'd rather not play that put up with some of the glitchers.

It's a shame. Hopefully EA will add this in, and give us an alternative.

xbox.MrSome wrote:

Which stinks because this is pretty much the only game my friends and I play, but recently we'd rather not play that put up with some of the glitchers.

Well said MrSome. I totally agree. It's unrealistic to think EA has time to chase down the glitches; furthermore, each new development in gameplay will likely uncover new exploits. It's like having holes in the bottom of your boat. You put your finger over one, and water comes out through another hole. EA does not have the money to support their sports games after release, like we would see with RPG/shooters and other strategy games. They have to move onto development for next year. As one of the producers already said, any small change in code requires hours of testing. That's why you typically don't see these games patched. So it's fantasy to expect EA to resolve the glitching, without some type of revised post launch support plan. So if the answer is that folks have to live with exploits, then some people like Pharseer, Irish and MrSome will refuse to play online. Now EA can let us share in the online experience if they would simply UNRESTRICT the ability for human players to play against the computer online.

Anyone have Mr Littman's email address? We gotta nip this one in the bud so we can once again buy multiple copies of the EA hockey game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/17/2009 20:37:18

No matter how you slice it, you will ALWAYS have to put up with the online clowns that do nothing but cheese. They are like roaches... even if EA DID come out with patches to fix glitches, the cheesers would just find new ones. I imagine they sit there and practice for hours on end figuring out and perfecting how to score easy, 100% UNREALISTIC goals in order to win. The only way around this, in my opinion, is to integrate this online coop that MrSome speaks of. I for one have been playing less and less of NHL 09 lately because I refuse to put up with these willy-one-mover cheesers.

In the words of The Dude...

I do mind. The Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this cheesing will not stand!
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: