[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Team Builder Requests. Uniform Stitching,etc.  XML
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series TeamBuilder Support

As a fan of details I'd like to see the following implemented in to the Team Builder app. whether it be in the final version of the program this year or more likely next year's edition.

1) Uniform Stitching/Uniform Transparency/Textures- The ability to choose the stitching pattern of the uniform, e.g. the stitch patterns/textures of Highschool jerseys 2 & 6, Florida, Boston College, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Army Camouflage,Rice/FAU and Louisiana-Lafayette/Western Kentucky. These jerseys have fabric/texture variations throughout and it would be amazing to have the ability to choose between different fabric/texture layouts. *HS jerseys 2 & 6*

2) Numbers - Shoulder/upper arm number color independent of front and back jersey numbers. Smoother number textures (maybe they look different once downloaded and viewed in game). More number font choices.Custom number size and vertical placement on jersey.

3) Helmet Finish - Different paint types for helmet appearance. Glossy , metallic, flat finishes.

4) Pants Texture - Similar to both the uniform stitching and helmet finish in that the custom pants within team builder display a sort of glossy/metallic hue to them. Different textures/ fabrics to choose from.

5) Create-A-Stadium - The ability to create a custom stadium for your team builder school and then add to it / upgrade as you progress through gains in school prestige during Dynasty mode.

6) Added Pant Slots - More custom pants than just two. Four jerseys is reasonable though.

7) Endzone Logos - Ability to place endzone logos next to text or create your own file and upload it, similar to the way the team's primary and secondary logos are added.

8) More Logo Slots - Three or four would be nice.

9) Ability to Edit/Change School uniforms/logos during Dynasty - Pretty self explanatory. One thing I loved to do during the xbox/ps2 era NCAA games was update/downgrade school uniforms or logos during the course of my dynasty to reflect if my school was growing or struggling every few years.

10) Pride Stickers - Self explanatory. Select from one of your uploaded logos or have single letters of the alphabet in various fonts to select from, outlines etc.

11) Conference Patches/Logos - Displayed on field and ability to add to uniforms within Dynasty when joining a new conference.

12) Earn Sponsors - Ability to earn and add sponsor logos to team uniforms within Dynasty. I don't know the specifics of what it would take to make that happen, if any sort of agreement would have to be worked out between nike,etc.

13) Create-A-Mascot - Again self explanatory.

14) Helmet Numbers/Text - Can't believe I forgot about this when editing this list. The ability to add school text on the front and back ends of the helmet,not sure what that piece is called but I'm talking about where it says Irish on ND's helmet. Also add player numbers to the back of the helmet instead of just on the side which negates the ability to add the team's logo to the sides.

*** These requests/ideas are for the Team Builder web application and integration into Dynasty Mode. While I agree advances should me made in general gameplay and presentation first I would suggest these ideas once those (hopefully) primary goals are taken care of. ***

- HiTeq (Fan of NCAA football since 2002)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 07/11/2009 14:53:31

http://www.operationsports.com/thescoop/blog/4000-presentation-fixing-ncaa-11-part-2/

FIFA10,NHL10,NBA2k10=Games I'm looking forward to. NCAA10= Bust. Madden10= Decent, needs patches.

Ways to fix NCAA Football=PRESENTATION,PHYSICS.

I couldn't agree more.

i love all of this. to me the details like this are the most important thing. the gameplay can be whatever, but it is the small details of being a coach and building a dynasty that are the most fun. i love the recruiting more than i love to play the games. i enjoy the post season and preseason methods and wish that they could be elaborated. the more options outside of just gameplay the better. i want full control (uniforms, stadium, logos, conference contracts, sponsor contracts, highering assistant coaches, being interviewed at half time and post game by erin andrews, press conferences, the list goes on and on and on!) over the team i am building!!

What I've suggested before is the ability to choose how many of each uniform item you want to make before you actually make the uniform itself. That way, if you want to be like, say, UCLA, and have only two possible combos (1 helmet/2 jerseys/1 pants) you could do that without having to bother with the extra stuff, or you could do up to five different helmets, jerseys and pants if you want to be like Oregon.

xbox.LittlestWoozer wrote:What I've suggested before is the ability to choose how many of each uniform item you want to make before you actually make the uniform itself. That way, if you want to be like, say, UCLA, and have only two possible combos (1 helmet/2 jerseys/1 pants) you could do that without having to bother with the extra stuff, or you could do up to five different helmets, jerseys and pants if you want to be like Oregon.

I agree,even though it's not a huge hassle I find myself editing that second away jersey even though I don't really want it. Or I'll sometimes just edit in the exact same combination as my primary home and away into my alternate home and away jersey slots just to fill that space because I don't want to be stuck with ugly looking default jerseys from the editor. However I have some teams where only 4 jerseys and 2 pants just isn't enough. You should be able to select the exact number of jerseys and pants you want that way when selecting the combination in game you're not sitting there looking at your alternates and saying "well they're exactly like my primary so why should I even have them?"

http://www.operationsports.com/thescoop/blog/4000-presentation-fixing-ncaa-11-part-2/

FIFA10,NHL10,NBA2k10=Games I'm looking forward to. NCAA10= Bust. Madden10= Decent, needs patches.

If EA really wanted to give an infinite amount of options they would allow you do something as simple as choosing an existing team's uniform and edit the features, logos, and colors, or go so far as even setting up the uniform creator into the various brands with their existing uniform catalog just as you would if you were selecting uniforms for your actual team.

Along those lines... it would be awesome if you could choose an existing teams uniforms as your "base" set up then be able to modify the colors and logos with your own.

And I second the ability to choose how many of each uniform to create... Or at least more pants!

xbox.JDUBWELCH wrote:Along those lines... it would be awesome if you could choose an existing teams uniforms as your "base" set up then be able to modify the colors and logos with your own.

That's kind of what I meant by uniform stitching but I get exactly what you're talking about.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/11/2009 14:55:11

I would find it very useful to be able to take existing team uniforms and use them as a template for my own. For example, I created my high school team and our uniforms are the exact same as mizzou's but the color scheme is different, it would be awesome to be able to use existing uniforms but edit the colors. I've tried every jersey and pants combo and nothing is quite the same, I know its picky but i think it would be pretty cool.
NCAA Football Series  > NCAA® Football Series TeamBuilder Support
Go to: