[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
disable auto-save  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion

[Avatar]

how do I disable auto-save i can't find it in settings?

You can't.

[Avatar]

Hopefully EA learns that we don't like being forced to auto-save and adds back in the option to shut it off either next year or in a patch.

"GET BACK IN YOUR CAGE!" - Paul Steigerwald

"Sidney Crosby is a Ferrari." - Dr. Michael Collins

"[He] went down hard." - Bob Errey
"Not as hard as Hobey Baker went down though. He went down in a plane crash." - Paul Steigerwald
[WWW]

Wow. Its a complete joke that we can't disable autosave. Or change blatantly unrealistic names. Or change positions......or have a regular Franchise mode like Madden.

[Avatar]

I really have trouble to find myself in EA's shoes those days...
First i liked the company but now they are screwing little things up big time.

Looks like this company has a award winning formula for messing things up..
What wrong with them?
AutoSave (turn-off) should be in every game. Yes it can be used as a cheat.. But it can also be very useful when a team trades Martin Brodeur for somebody else. Me doesn't like that trade so i would like to RESTART the game when this happens.

Can somebody positive tell me this is all wrong and EA is doing us a favor with this?
Have lots of people asked for this?

Couldn't be more thrilled to finally get rid of Gary Thorne & Bill Clement in the EA NHL games - guess what... I bought Game Center Live as a Flyers fan.

cem_ea_id.Crombeen wrote:I really have trouble to find myself in EA's shoes those days...

What wrong with them?
AutoSave (turn-off) should be in every game. Yes it can be used as a cheat.. But it can also be very useful when a team trades Martin Brodeur for somebody else. Me doesn't like that trade so i would like to RESTART the game when this happens.

Can somebody positive tell me this is all wrong and EA is doing us a favor with this?

I could not agree more. Plus, why the hell does EA care if your cheating in your own GM Mode? I started a Blackhawks team and planned to build up Kyle Beach. I spent a good 20 to 30 mins setting everything up (Lines-Jeresey Numbers-Editing the other teams lines to make them realistic) and all the rest. Well in the first game he went down for the entire season. All that time went to waste and I had to restart. Frankly its not that hard to just put the dam option in. Also, while I understand not being able to change a players attributes midseason I see no reason why you can't edit names and positions. They let you do it in Madden. Why such a sin in the NHL series?

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.Crombeen wrote:I really have trouble to find myself in EA's shoes those days...

What wrong with them?

Or when you trade some players and to make place for them the AI sends Taylor Hall back to the Spitfire for the rest of the year even though he was the leading scorer of your team and all rookies!!!

What wrong with them?

My apologies if this is a repost. My internet is being weird.

I could not agree more. I started a Hawks franchise and was looking forward to builidng up Kyle Beach. After spending about 20-25 mins getting my lines straight, editing the settings and doing all the other crap he goes down in the very first preseason game for the entire season. How does EA justify me having to restart the entire dam BGM mode? What do they care if we "cheat" in our own GM modes? So much that they can't even give us an option?

And another thing, I understand and agree with my being not being able to alter player attributes, but why can I not change guys positions or player names? Patrick Sharp for instance will be a Center this year but is listed as a Wing. John Scott will be playing both and guys liek Kovy will be shifted all over. Also, I hate the CPU generated names for drafted players. Sometimes when you draft guys many sound extremely unrealistic. They let you do both position/names changes in the Madden series. Why is this not allowed in the NHL series? They charge the same amount for both games yet this ones quality is much much worse.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/20/2010 10:27:46

[Avatar]

Errors Always is up to its usual tactics.... its just their way of screwing things up.
seriously, to not add this feature....
did the programmers all get the week off, the week autosave feature was being worked on, cuz they peeled the right amount of bananas the week before?????

its really just poor poor programming.

my other thought is, i "used" to be able to get these totally sweet roster updates from this guy and his group of helpers. it was the best and most accurate rosters and now all that is gone toooooo.....just wondering if the monkeys at Errors Always programmed it that way so "no-one could steal/share trophies".......

they will tell us for the next couple months they are working on a fix/update, when all along they will be trying to figure out what to do with the bananas they just spent so much time peeling.....that and planning a huge party with all the cash they got from all us hard core gamers......

its really the same story just a different year......

[Avatar]

just have 2 separate files for your GM mode. i had auto-save turned off last year and i still had 2 files, just in case. no different this year except it's a bit more of a pain to do the whole, re-load backup then save over main, etc...

cem_ea_id.riskbreaker76 wrote:just have 2 separate files for your GM mode. i had auto-save turned off last year and i still had 2 files, just in case. no different this year except it's a bit more of a pain to do the whole, re-load backup then save over main, etc...

Thats actually a pretty good idea. Thanks.

F-U EA.. seriously.

here's the story, i was playing in the stanley cup. i was down 3-2 in the series and when i was about to play game 6, i accidently clicked "sim game (or something like that)" then i freakin' panicked, i accidently clicked "quick sim!"

lost the series 4-2. was so effin mad! i know i should've been careful but it pisses me off i couldnt restart the game since it auto-saves. trust me, i dont cheat. i just wanna be able to restart the game and not lose the series like that.

this blows! it made me not want to play another playoff mode and start all over again.

anyone had this accident? hopefully we can disable autosave in nhl 12.
NHL Series  > NHL® Series General Discussion
Go to: