[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Why aren't my players progressing?  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion

At the end of a franchise season I checked player progression to see what players were going up in their ratings for the following season. Sean Lee I saw was getting a bump up from 81 five points up to an 86. Yet, I went through the offseason and he's still 81. I don't remember all the players progressions but I'm noticing a lot of players have stayed the same. I broke the passing yardage and passing touchdown records for the season with Romo and he's still a 91 :/ What the hell is going on

[Avatar]

The player rating system in my opinion is almost perfect.... players dont progress unless they get older in which they tend to "regress" in skill.

Haitian Revolution started in 1791 - present.
Save Haiti - The 1st Independent Black Nation in the World.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution

Romo's rating was already a 91 thats probably why I had Sennaca Wallace 48td's 12int's Won best QB off player and league MVP and only went up 3 pts overall. I had an average season with C.J Spiller was a 78 he went up to a 84 and my back up Mycoy went from79 to 84 and he hardly played. I know potential has alot to do with it. Chris Gamble won best DB and he stayed the same at 91. I had Suh and he jumped to a 90 overall.

That doesn't make any sense though all players early in their career progress. Very rarely does anyone not gain any skills from season to season. Otherwise it should just be called the players regression option :/

[Avatar]

ps3.JustAGuyNamedRob wrote:That doesn't make any sense though all players early in their career progress. Very rarely does anyone not gain any skills from season to season. Otherwise it should just be called the players regression option :/

great point, some people on here just don't know what they are talking about and yes i've experienced the same problems that you have, even to the point of some players losing skills while putting up stellar stats.

[Avatar]

you guys dont sound like you play the game... are you guys simulating all the games just for results????

Haitian Revolution started in 1791 - present.
Save Haiti - The 1st Independent Black Nation in the World.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Revolution

[Avatar]

ps3.zoemobb wrote:you guys dont sound like you play the game... are you guys simulating all the games just for results????

Regardless if you were to simulate or play every game, the progression system should work off of the players stats, not predetermined progression or regression, but I guess you maybe too much of a simp. to get it, that's ok.

ps3.zoemobb wrote:you guys dont sound like you play the game... are you guys simulating all the games just for results????

How does it sound like we aren't playing the game? I said I broke the passing yardage and touchdown season records. Plus like it was mentioned, either way players should either progress or regress based on how well they play, playing time, the point they're at in their career and their age. I can see players having their skills drop or stay the same even if they have stellar stats if they're getting old or at the peak of their career. Not if they're on the upside of it though :/

I say this every time:

I see things differently than most. If I have a 40 rated guy throwing for 6,000 yards and 300TDs, I am not going to make it ruin my day that he doesn't get a 50 point increase... I do not need a rating to validate whether he is a good player or not.

Secondly, you guys are infatuated with overall ratings while I like to look at specific ratings. I don't care that my OL is rated 75... I want to know his run/pass block rating. A 95 rated WR means nothing if he isn't fast.

But that's just me

[Avatar]

[quote=xbox.kennylc]I say this every time:

I see things differently than most. If I have a 40 rated guy throwing for 6,000 yards and 300TDs, I am not going to make it ruin my day that he doesn't get a 50 point increase... I do not need a rating to validate whether he is a good player or not.

Secondly, you guys are infatuated with overall ratings while I like to look at specific ratings. I don't care that my OL is rated 75... I want to know his run/pass block rating. A 95 rated WR means nothing if he isn't fast.

But that's just me[/quote]

If you were to simulate any of the games with a 40 ovr. guy at QB you would lose and lose BADLY, not to mention there is no reason why that guy shouldn't have his skills PROGRESS after having a ridiculous season. It's common sense and it's sad that so many fan boys are willing to just let EA stick their 12in. c-0-c-k up their a-$-s. I gurantee you that if EA came out next year and fixed this problem the same people who are saying that THIS is realistic will come out and say that that is innovative. Let's not forget that this was already in the PS2 and XBox madden's along with EVERY OTHER FOOTBALL GAME and SPORTS GAME prior to 2006 (And is still in NBA and NHL games today). So don't give me this realistic b/s, because it's not and it's lazy developing and content fan boys that enable it.

The player progression has more to do with the potential rating than the actual performance. And I have no idea why some players have A, most have B and a lot have C. Ex: Lesean McCoy for example. He has B potential, so you can play him like a champ and he won't get much better. Does anyone on here know how they determine potential?

Oh, and there is a standard in Madden that if your player gets older, he probably is going to lose speed and acceleration, simply by getting older. I think this is probably true in the NFL, but IRL the increased awareness and skills make up for it. Not so in Madden. Do you think Ray Lewis has lost any steps because he's in his mid 30's? Nope. But in Madden, he would probably drop a lot and not play nearly as well.
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: