[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Can't create a new game face!?  XML
EA SPORTS Game Face  > Game Face Help and FAQ

I've deleted my old game face and now I want to create a new one. But I can't, because I've to download GamefaceBrowserPluginInstaller.1.0.0.18. I've done it a plenty of times but it still doesn't work?
Why?

Developer
[Avatar]

ps3.Limpaa93 wrote:I've deleted my old game face and now I want to create a new one. But I can't, because I've to download GamefaceBrowserPluginInstaller.1.0.0.18. I've done it a plenty of times but it still doesn't work?
Why?

Once downloaded, you will need to double-click on the file to trigger the Gameface plugin installation. Once that is complete, the system will unlock the "next" button and will not ask you to install next time you try generating a Gameface.

Let us know if that helps.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/25/2010 09:02:52

[WWW]

ive deleted my old game face as it looks martian. i now can not create a new one as it keeps asking me to download a file which ive done loads an loads of times. once its downloaded it asks me again to download it.. why?

Developer
[Avatar]

xbox.Ballskillsbaby wrote:ive deleted my old game face as it looks martian. i now can not create a new one as it keeps asking me to download a file which ive done loads an loads of times. once its downloaded it asks me again to download it.. why?

You may be referring to the new Gameface plugin that you need to download before continuing with the generation. It represents an improvement over the old system that used to require other technologies installed on your computer, and was generally less reliable.

Once the Gameface file download completes, try double-clicking on it so that the installation can go through. You will have to do this only once.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/25/2010 16:35:15

[WWW]

Hey

i have the same problems. I just installed the Gameface plugin about 10837289173 times and it won't work in any browser listed here (IE7, FF3 and FF4b6, Chrome5+ and Safari).

So how can i finally install it?

Developer
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.t0bYmSm wrote:Hey

i have the same problems. I just installed the Gameface plugin about 10837289173 times and it won't work in any browser listed here (IE7, FF3 and FF4b6, Chrome5+ and Safari).

So how can i finally install it?

Thanks for dropping a note here. May I enquire what OS version you are using, and what exactly is happening?
[WWW]

Similar issue with me too, downloaded and installed the plug in via both Firefox 3.6.8 and IE8 (using Windows 7 Home Premium) and each time it still prompts me to download the plug in again and again. I tried to reboot the laptop after installation but still, same issue on both browsers. Any idea?

Developer
[Avatar]

ps3.alkalineboi wrote:Similar issue with me too, downloaded and installed the plug in via both Firefox 3.6.8 and IE8 (using Windows 7 Home Premium) and each time it still prompts me to download the plug in again and again. I tried to reboot the laptop after installation but still, same issue on both browsers. Any idea?

FF3.6.8/IE8 + Win7 are definitely supported. Just to make sure, can you confirm you did download the plugin, then double-clicked on the downloaded file to launch the installer?
[WWW]

No worries, it works for me now. The laptop is my girlfriends so I wasn't set as an admin, when prompted it was asking for her admin password, which I know was correct and it let me install the plug in, but would still prompt the install every time I tried again. I logged into her profile and it worked first time on Firefox without even prompting an install. So I set mysef as an admin, came back to my own profile, ran it once in Firefox (it did prompt to install again but this time I'm an admin myself), installed fine and then worked no problem. Also just tried IE, it asked me to run the plug in, I did and it works there too.

To the others who are having issues with it, are you set as admins on your systems? If not, then maybe that's the issue?

Developer
[Avatar]

ps3.alkalineboi wrote:No worries, it works for me now. The laptop is my girlfriends so I wasn't set as an admin, when prompted it was asking for her admin password, which I know was correct and it let me install the plug in, but would still prompt the install every time I tried again. I logged into her profile and it worked first time on Firefox without even prompting an install. So I set mysef as an admin, came back to my own profile, ran it once in Firefox (it did prompt to install again but this time I'm an admin myself), installed fine and then worked no problem. Also just tried IE, it asked me to run the plug in, I did and it works there too.

To the others who are having issues with it, are you set as admins on your systems? If not, then maybe that's the issue?

This points at the plugin detection code on our end which might require elevated rights to work as designed on Win7/Vista. In other terms indeed, a non-admin user on the local machine may not be able to go through.

Many thanks for the useful report.
[WWW]

Ahh nice! I have been on vacation so I wasnt able to answer. I also use Win7 and for safety causes I have an seperated admin account. So I'm going to install it and use it there. It's just for one time so i dont care .

Developer
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.t0bYmSm wrote:Ahh nice! I have been on vacation so I wasnt able to answer. I also use Win7 and for safety causes I have an seperated admin account. So I'm going to install it and use it there. It's just for one time so i dont care .

Sounds great - Don't forget to share the looks of your resulting Gameface!
[WWW]

[i][center]
ps3.Limpaa93 wrote:I've deleted my old game face and now I want to create a new one. But I can't, because I've to download GamefaceBrowserPluginInstaller.1.0.0.18. I've done it a plenty of times but it still doesn't work?
Why?

i follow the instructions fine and install the game face browser plugin alright but i do not get no confirmation message or no 'next' button appears. i have tried this many times and the same things happens. help!!

Developer
[Avatar]

ps3.Beadsworth_LFC wrote:i follow the instructions fine and install the game face browser plugin alright but i do not get no confirmation message or no 'next' button appears. i have tried this many times and the same things happens. help!!

You could take a look at the troubleshooting tips and try the whole section "before you start". Let us know how it goes.

Best,
[WWW]
EA SPORTS Game Face  > Game Face Help and FAQ
Go to: