[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Need for Speed World Goes Free to Play Discussion Thread - Part III  XML
Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion

[Avatar]

What's being discussed:
On Wednesday, September 8th we announced that Need for Speed World had lifted the level 10 cap for players who have not purchased the Starter Pack. The original thread was getting extremely long so I've locked it and we're going to continue the conversation here.

The original thread can be found here --> http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/540/2254763.page

The second part of the thread can be found here --> http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2296408.page

Both threads were locked simply because they were getting to long (800+ replies / 55+ pages).

The main point of the discussion has shifted from the point that the level cap was removed to the gifts that the players, who had previously purchased the Starter Pack before the cap was removed, received. To clarify, the rental vouchers are gifts, our way of saying thank you for supporting the game and being the dedicated fan that you are. The vouchers ARE NOT compensation.

A lot of people in the community felt that we should have asked the community what they would have wanted instead of the 7-day rental vouchers. So we gave the community a few weeks to post their feedback on the original threads. I collected the feedback and gave to the team. At this point we're waiting for a decision from the team about any further gifts.

October 5th Official Response:
As I stated previously, these sort of decisions take a long time:

"In terms of time frame...I have to tell you all that this isn't going to be an overnight decision. I've given everyone a few weeks to post their feedback and now that I've got it, it will take some time for the team to review, make a decision and implement that decision. Honestly, I don't know how long that's going to take but it's definitely not something that we can just flip a switch on."

This statement still stands and at this point I don't have an update to provide because no decision has been made.

Again, I'm sorry if this isn't want you want to hear but I did try to set the expectations for this in my last update.

Previous Responses to note from NFSDrew:

September 20th
Greetings All,
First off I wanted to thank everyone who provided feedback. From everything I've seen (including forum post, emails, direct chats, etc) it seems that a permanent car is the most popular request. None the less, I have collected all the feedback and have passed it onto the team for their consideration.

In terms of time frame...I have to tell you all that this isn't going to be an overnight decision. I've given everyone a few weeks to post their feedback and now that I've got it, it will take some time for the team to review, make a decision and implement that decision. Honestly, I don't know how long that's going to take but it's definitely not something that we can just flip a switch on.

Sorry if this isn't want you want to hear; I just want to set some realistic expectations.

September 15
Greetings All,
Wanted to give everyone a quick update on the vouchers. We began sending out all the emails (with the vouchers) last night and for some reason our email system is going very slowly. We are still in the process of sending out the email so you should receive your voucher by tomorrow at the absolute latest.

Sorry the delay!

September 10th
[1] Once thing that you have to remember is that when you purchased the Starter Pack you received a lot more than just a level cap removal. In fact you got a lot more than $20 worth of goods. You received:

- $20 worth of SpeedBoost
- A free car (saves you 25,000 of in-game cash that you could spend on Performance upgrades)
- Bundle of Power Ups
- Network Priority status

We feel that the Starter is and always been a great value.

[2] Removing the level cap is something that the community has been asking for since we announced the Starter Pack. We feel that this is a very positive change for Need for Speed World. Not only does everyone get access to the entire game but it means that there will be more people racing at higher level. This should ensure that no matter what level you are, you'll always be able to find opponents to race against.

[3] We are not and never were going to charge additional money for the content updates. The content updates will always be free regardless of whether you purchased the Starter Pack or not.

[4] The three 7-day rentals, of the three best cars in the game, we are giving to the players who bought the Starter Pack is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the dedicated and passionate fans you are. We really are grateful to have fans that are so passionate that they support our games and take the time out of their day to post on the forums.

[5] There have been a lot of duplicates of this thread appearing on the forum. Please be aware that we (myself and the moderators) will be locking and removing any duplicate threads of this topic. The reason for this is because we created this thread for everyone to discuss / post their opinions. Furthermore, if you have a suggestion on what you feel you should have received instead of the 7-day rental you should post it in this thread.

We aren't trying to censor anyone, we would just prefer to keep all comments on this topic in one thread.

[6] It seems that the biggest problem that player's have with the announcement of the level cap removal is that they feel that they should have received more than three 7-day rentals vouchers.

Last night I was discussing this with the community (in this thread) and a very good point was brought up. A lot of people in the community feel that we should have asked the community what they would have wanted instead of the 7-day rental vouchers.

I agree with this point and am now asking everyone what they feel they should have received. You can either post your suggestion on this thread or email me (Drew@NeedforSpeed). At the end of next week I'll collect all the suggestions and pass them to the team for their consideration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/06/2010 16:14:21

[WWW]

[Avatar]

I'm just happy your giving us updates... wether its good news or bad news atleast its news.

I didnt actually use my rentals... my vouchers are untouched.
If I'm totally honest I dont need them at my level.

I look forward to seeing how this pans out and i hope for more car slots

Cheers,

well its nice to get an update...looking forward to get to an end as soon as possible

nfs_web.NFSDrew wrote:What's being discussed:
On Wednesday, September 8th we announced that Need for Speed World had lifted the level 10 cap for players who have not purchased the Starter Pack. The original thread was getting extremely long so I've locked it and we're going to continue the conversation here.

The original thread can be found here --> http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/540/2254763.page

The second part of the thread can be found here --> http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2296408.page

Both threads were locked simply because they were getting to long (800+ replies / 55+ pages).

The main point of the discussion has shifted from the point that the level cap was removed to the gifts that the players, who had previously purchased the Starter Pack before the cap was removed, received. To clarify, the rental vouchers are gifts, our way of saying thank you for supporting the game and being the dedicated fan that you are. The vouchers ARE NOT compensation.

A lot of people in the community felt that we should have asked the community what they would have wanted instead of the 7-day rental vouchers. So we gave the community a few weeks to post their feedback on the original threads. I collected the feedback and gave to the team. At this point we're waiting for a decision from the team about any further gifts.

October 5th Official Response:
As I stated previously, these sort of decisions take a long time:

"In terms of time frame...I have to tell you all that this isn't going to be an overnight decision. I've given everyone a few weeks to post their feedback and now that I've got it, it will take some time for the team to review, make a decision and implement that decision. Honestly, I don't know how long that's going to take but it's definitely not something that we can just flip a switch on."

This statement still stands and at this point I don't have an update to provide because no decision has been made.

Again, I'm sorry if this isn't want you want to hear but I did try to set the expectations for this in my last update.

Previous Responses to note from NFSDrew:

September 20th
Greetings All,
First off I wanted to thank everyone who provided feedback. From everything I've seen (including forum post, emails, direct chats, etc) it seems that a permanent car is the most popular request. None the less, I have collected all the feedback and have passed it onto the team for their consideration.

In terms of time frame...I have to tell you all that this isn't going to be an overnight decision. I've given everyone a few weeks to post their feedback and now that I've got it, it will take some time for the team to review, make a decision and implement that decision. Honestly, I don't know how long that's going to take but it's definitely not something that we can just flip a switch on.

Sorry if this isn't want you want to hear; I just want to set some realistic expectations.

September 15
Greetings All,
Wanted to give everyone a quick update on the vouchers. We began sending out all the emails (with the vouchers) last night and for some reason our email system is going very slowly. We are still in the process of sending out the email so you should receive your voucher by tomorrow at the absolute latest.

Sorry the delay!

September 10th
[1] Once thing that you have to remember is that when you purchased the Starter Pack you received a lot more than just a level cap removal. In fact you got a lot more than $20 worth of goods. You received:

- A free car (saves you 25,000 of in-game cash that you could spend on Performance upgrades)
- Bundle of Power Ups

[2] Removing the level cap is something that the community has been asking for since we announced the Starter Pack. We feel that this is a very positive change for Need for Speed World. Not only does everyone get access to the entire game but it means that there will be more people racing at higher level. This should ensure that no matter what level you are, you'll always be able to find opponents to race against.

[3] We are not and never were going to charge additional money for the content updates. The content updates will always be free regardless of whether you purchased the Starter Pack or not.

[4] The three 7-day rentals, of the three best cars in the game, we are giving to the players who bought the Starter Pack is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the dedicated and passionate fans you are. We really are grateful to have fans that are so passionate that they support our games and take the time out of their day to post on the forums.

[5] There have been a lot of duplicates of this thread appearing on the forum. Please be aware that we (myself and the moderators) will be locking and removing any duplicate threads of this topic. The reason for this is because we created this thread for everyone to discuss / post their opinions. Furthermore, if you have a suggestion on what you feel you should have received instead of the 7-day rental you should post it in this thread.

We aren't trying to censor anyone, we would just prefer to keep all comments on this topic in one thread.

[6] It seems that the biggest problem that player's have with the announcement of the level cap removal is that they feel that they should have received more than three 7-day rentals vouchers.

Last night I was discussing this with the community (in this thread) and a very good point was brought up. A lot of people in the community feel that we should have asked the community what they would have wanted instead of the 7-day rental vouchers.

I agree with this point and am now asking everyone what they feel they should have received. You can either post your suggestion on this thread or email me (Drew@NeedforSpeed). At the end of next week I'll collect all the suggestions and pass them to the team for their consideration.

Good grief drew , you and the devs are truly pathetic . Do you think creating yet another thread and making the same statements and the same questions makes everyone think you guys are doing something , please. How many posts saying the same thing does it take , a million maybe.
Or maybe you guys think if you keep dddddrrrraaaaggggiiinnnggg this out everyone will forget and move on , which appears to be the case. You guys never intended to compensate anyone who paid for the starter pack and the constant rehash of one continued thread after another with no result is the proof.
How about this...you guys intentionally ripped us off and here is a refund for the sp with a heart felt apology for a very poor and unethical business plan. The truth always works...but hey...why do that when 800 posts and another thread loom on the horizon.

[Avatar]

nfs_web.NFSDrew wrote:

- Bundle of Power Ups

IMO the ONLY thing on that list of things we received that is worth it's salt is the Network Priority, Everything else was given as FREE as a thank-you for purchasing the Starter Pack. The Free Toyota Corolla is the worst car ever, the only reason I bought via the EA store was because alot of peeps where having problems with not receiving there goods from other stores and I knew I could earn enough in game soon enough to buy a new car quickly.

As for the free SpeedBoost/Bundle of Power Ups, that was pretty much useless when ppl are still able to farm powerups by doing 20sec pursuits. This farming has been going on since the game started and it has been in the public domain on these very forums without even being frowned upon. Fix these and ppl may buy more SpeedBoost.

nfs_web.NFSDrew wrote:

I too, like many other Starter Pack buyers still have all 3 of the 7 day rentals, I already owned the Lambo and the M3 by the time the 3 rentals got handed to us and I don't like the Audi. The 7 day rentals most definitly are not compensation for buying the SP at all.

As to what we want instead, well obviously I can't speak for everyone else but maybe having certain areas locked off to free players might be a solution. I know now the free players will complain about this but chances are whatever half-decent suitable solution we come up with, there will be arguments.

I too feel that everyone who invested in the SP has been ripped off if you can't tell, I'd like my money back too but I'm not holding my breath. You (EA) need to find a solution quickly and not something 'disposable' like rentals or SpeedBoost/Power Ups. Posting the same thing over and over doesn't help anything, and by doing so you're just hiding what has already been suggested over and over again.

Map:[Rebuilding!!] | Map Thread:http://goo.gl/zxY6Za
NFSW Adv. Settings App:http://goo.gl/PSnWd0 | Settings Thread:http://goo.gl/CF0EvA
[WWW]

battlefield.Lucky_Ned_Pepper wrote:Good grief drew , you and the devs are truly pathetic . Do you think creating yet another thread and making the same statements and the same questions makes everyone think you guys are doing something , please. How many posts saying the same thing does it take , a million maybe.

He's making different threads because the other two were getting SO freaking long that people (including myself) were having problems loading new pages past 50 or so. And, yes, that makes it legitimate to complain about the badly-crafted forum servers.

Original late-beta, SP-purchasing player. Former World-United member and administrator. Former World United/Underground RC member, moderator, and administrator. Currently playing Forza 4 without XBL Gold... Which is weird.

[Avatar]

@ NSFDrew

Thank you for the update.

I am here till the sun goes down, so to speak, and await the decision.

No matter how long it takes.

Thanks.

MADBIKER1960

[Email] [WWW]

[Avatar]

NO NEED TO OPEN NEW THREADS... GIVE US AN ANSWER.

A MONTH HAS PASSED... A MONTH !

Drew
, understand that no one wants new threads, we want a decent closure for that.

You released the cars and what you needed to do, now its us, right?

Please close this thread and give us a closure. This isnt joke, and sadly many people cant organize their ideas properly, but in the end, the general insatisfaction feel is very present here.

Counting blog + thread1 + thread2 = more than 2400 entries surrounding the subject.

Its is enough... You said it wasnt an overnight decision, and it was perfectly understandable.

A month has passed, and now there arent excuses. Understand that many people spent time coming and going, and so far we´re in the dark.

GIVE US THE CLOSURE... This is not a "cold war" decision!

Its easy to solve our problem.

...PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2010 18:13:32

HEY NOW !!!!!!

[Avatar]

I dont get why they dont just give VIPs bigger garages? That would be the easiest thing to do and make everyone feel special and exclusive. I need more garage slots just give them to us and get over with. I know most of the other suggestions are selfish like all the people asking for free cars. All i want is slots to put my cars in. 5 slots is not enough!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2010 19:12:58

[Avatar]

I really just dont care anymore. EA made a stupid choice and really couldnt care less about the players. this isnt the only game that that has happened in. We all get that. I dont care about losing my money anymore. I just want everyone to stop crying about it.

http://nfs-s.com/nfsw/MAGMA15X

PSN: Magma151
Youtube: Magma15x
[WWW]

[Avatar]

just quit watchin, or ask for a closure. then everybody will stop

HEY NOW !!!!!!

[Avatar]

sorry. double post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2010 20:46:15

http://nfs-s.com/nfsw/MAGMA15X

PSN: Magma151
Youtube: Magma15x
[WWW]

It's been a month. It's been long enough. Do something already and make this go away, or stop re-posting the same threads. I've made peace with it and welcome the new players, but it's annoying to see this thread over and over. It's done. The discussion's over with.

Town Park Radio - Video Game Techno, Oldies, '80's music, and old time radio serials overnights. Spend some time at the park www.townparkradio.com
[WWW]

[Avatar]

DREW, seriously, this thread is getting exausting.

Please sit down with your superiors and find a solution.

After a whole month, we dont need any more threads.

For god´s sake, set a final date, anything... keep us posted and lock the thread.

Everything was already said.

HEY NOW !!!!!!

[Avatar]

Whoa... still going on... I'll probably make a post and consolidate all my past posts here

Add-on: Here goes... (I'm bookmarking this post in my browser)
1.oh yeah about the rentals.. I remember in the beta we could also buy the rental car and customize them.. would it be possible that paid players can buy them (with in-game cash... not speedboost) and customize their cars... (I bought a Mazda in-game on my 2nd driver assuming that I can buy the perf package that the Pizza rental has.. but the Mazda doesn't have the same triangle pizza sign...

2.I forgot something.. (whoa posts are flying like crazy here)
If there is a police mode where we can patrol the streets and chase others.... wonder if Starter pack players can convert their cars in the garage to police cruisers.. (with the design you did on it) and drive your own custom police cruiser...

That's the old ones...
and... reading the new posts... here's more... I'll edit this post instead
3. the slot thing Jesusv said

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2010 22:00:15

Need for Speed World  > NFS World General Discussion
Go to: