[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
No Online Franchise Codes - PAL  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden Online Discussion

So it seems like something has either gone wrong here, or Electronic Arts want to annoy all PAL customers.

It seems like everyone I have spoken to so far that have received their PAL copies either in Australia, the United Kingdom or Germany do not have a code in the box to access the Online Franchise feature.

It would be great if someone from EA could comment on this and let us know what the hell is happening. As the understanding we have is that you require a code to get into this mode, and this should have been included in the box or printed on the manual... and it isn't.

The game has Online Franchise advertised all over the box as pretty much the main feature of the game, on the PAL copies, and yet it looks like we're not going to have access to it?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/14/2009 10:26:15

I too would like to know what is going on, its ridiculous that we get treated like this just because we aren't in the US.

Are we expected to pay for something that is already on the disc just because we don't live in the US?

EA need to clarify this issue ASAP. To not say anything this late in the day is a joke.

Yup same boat, no code on the back.

We really need to hear from EA on this, but not sure if they will be checking on these forums that much.

Is there no customer support number for EA?

cem_ea_id.pledgedleonidas wrote:We really need to hear from EA on this, but not sure if they will be checking on these forums that much.

I read somewhere that someone called them and they refused to discuss the matter as the game is not out officially till tomorrow.

xbox.IWGP4Nagata wrote:
cem_ea_id.pledgedleonidas wrote:We really need to hear from EA on this, but not sure if they will be checking on these forums that much.

I read somewhere that someone called them and they refused to discuss the matter as the game is not out officially till tomorrow.

insane.

This is a ****ing joke, there is no reason why i should have to pay for online franchise, EA is such a god damn ripoff

[Avatar]

What is going on man - we need some feedback and quick this blows...

They won't say anything until the game is released and everyone's bought it.

Strange things are there is no way to even put the code in yet anyway, it just says you can't get on the PS3 online franchise servers.

However, on this page: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/08/13/playstation-store-update-13th-august-2009/

Listing the content downloads for tomorrow, clearly says "Online Franchise £6.29 (€7.99)

Yet, it's in the manual as one of the main modes.... how can you put something in the manual that actually requires an extra cost to play?

here the same. i bought the game in switzerland. No code for the online franchise

I've just been on the online franchise and there's and option to purchase it and an option to enter a redeem code.

If PAL users are forced to pay extra for this mode then EA can do one.

cem_ea_id.Nev- wrote:I've just been on the online franchise and there's and option to purchase it and an option to enter a redeem code.

If PAL users are forced to pay extra for this mode then EA can do one.

I am going to be pissed if this is the case. On the back of the case they even mention the online franchise mode on there.

Seems to be an error printing the manuals on the PAL version....i cant believe they'll be expecting you to pay for it. That option to pay is also available in the US and id imagine its for people who buy the game 2nd hand after the free code has been used.

Clearly every PAL version has no code and it would be nice for EA to comment..
Madden NFL Series  > Madden Online Discussion
Go to: