[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Clearing Cap Penalty?  XML
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion

Hey guys,

I was simply wondering if it was possible to clear your cap penalty in Franchise mode? I remember in past maddens you were able to, but you'd reduce your team's public support or something along those lines.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/18/2009 10:15:57

bump.

c'mon guys, please?

[Avatar]

The only way this worked for me is...
Playing fran. I had a negative cap going in to the pre-season. It gave me a few options like re-signing players, and releasing players.... then it said i could clear my cap penalty.
best of luck

I haven't had that happen to me yet, but I know with previous years, all you had to do to clear cap penalty in the offseason was go to 'Team Info' or something and it had an option to clear your penalties. I don't see anything like that in Madden 10'.

There isnt. Even if you come to a point where you cant possibly field a team you either drop everyone and field lvl 60's or restart your franchise. Also you cant resign people will no bonus and cut them that season, you have to wait till the next season to cut or trade them without a cap penalty. This is how I learned that you have to restart franchise.

Realease highest paid players right before your first first pre season game and then try to play your game. A option then comes up to clear cap and players are back on your team, this was how it worked in 09 dont know about 10.

I'm glad they got rid of that. It makes franchise more real. Everyne wants real but then wants to magically make their penalty disappear. One of hte fun parts of franchise is manageing the cap.

ps3.jmwalker9 wrote:I'm glad they got rid of that. It makes franchise more real. Everyne wants real but then wants to magically make their penalty disappear. One of hte fun parts of franchise is manageing the cap.

Oh yea, and I'm sure having the option to turn off the Cap is really realistic....

Ok here is the best way to get around cap penalties. I had $83 million and this worked for me. You cannot clear them but you can gain salary cap. First of all you get cap penalties by trading or releasing players with a high BONUS. when you are in the pre-season follow these instructions. Go to player managment and sort by lowest bonus. Release all of your players with $0 bonus then start releasing thos with like $1 million or $2 million bonus. It will only give you a penalty of less than $1 million for the next year. Once you have released enough of your players you should have about $15 million for cap room. Now, while in player managment, change the team scroll from your team to free agents. Find the players you released and edit those players. Change all of their positions to kicker or punter which will make their overall a 12. Now resign them all for 7 years at league min. with $0 bonus. Once you have signed all of them back to your team, edit them and change them back to their original positions. You should be able to keep all of your players and have enough cap to fill your roster. You will not be able to make many moves that season but the next year you will have over $30 million in cap room once your penalties clear. This is the only way to get around cap penalties without having to restart your franchise or release all of your players. Just remember not to trade or release players that have a big salary bonus! Your Welcome

[Avatar]

How about you just be smart with the guys you trade/release? NFL teams don't get the option to clear cap penalties in real life

CHILD PLEASE
Be sure to check out digitalsportsdaily.com for your sporting news
[WWW]

Team Captain
[Avatar]

xbox.CrAzAnEsS wrote:How about you just be smart with the guys you trade/release? NFL teams don't get the option to clear cap penalties in real life

The salaries are not handled in Madden the way they are in the NFL, so trying to be "realistic" w/ madden salaries is pointless.

Salaries in 10 are FAR more realistic than in previous edtions

xbox.angrypapi wrote:Salaries in 10 are FAR more realistic than in previous edtions

Don't know about realistic, when compared to what the cpu can sign a guy for, however fielding a good team and dealing with the cap is realistically difficult in Madden 10, because before this year's in Madden after about the 3 or 4 season I'd have 30 million in cap room even after signing big name free agents.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/29/2009 12:17:01

You said it best... people always want to whine and cry over "realism" but yet they want to pick and choose when and where to apply the realism.

I am willing to bet anything that the reason people want to clear these cap penalties is because they went and made a bunch of ridiculous trades.

Yeah... very realistic.

ps3.jmwalker9 wrote:I'm glad they got rid of that. It makes franchise more real. Everyne wants real but then wants to magically make their penalty disappear. One of hte fun parts of franchise is manageing the cap.

How can EA take these threads seriously when people are complaining about FG nets, hair styles, and stripes on socks!?!?!

Here is my advice for managing the salary cap in Madden 10:

DRAFTING

1) only scout players that will have an A or B in potential - unless you are absolutely set at a position (90+ and young at a position) just scout the best available.

2) trade your high draft picks (round 1, 2) for picks in rounds 3-5.

3) Draft players using your scouting list, not the available list. This will provide you with high potential players and help you to build depth. You can usually get 2-3 players with 80+ overall this way.

4) sign all rookies to a 7 year contract

FREE AGENTS

1) Sign as few players via free agency as possible (see colts, patriots, eagles, steelers in real life)

2) If you do sign a player, make sure he is young (28 or younger) and don't sign him to a deal any longer than 4 years (back loaded salaries will KILL you

RESIGNING PLAYERS

If everyone you draft is signed to a 7 year deal, and you are taking best available instead of by need, you should be able to afford to resign your top players to whatever ridiculous money they want (IE 98 overall QB who wants 22 mill a year) and still stay under the cap.

TRADING

The only positions I would ever trade for are DT and CB. These seem to be the two hardest positions BY FAR to fill via the draft with elite talent. dont be afraid to ship off a 1st, 2nd, and a top WR for a high 80 or low 90 player at one of these positions that are young.

so basically, avoid giving deals to ANYONE except your rookies. Stick to 3 year deals, and focus on drafting high potential players. Following this method, you can create a roster that is 95+ overall without having to worry about the cap penalties.

How do you clean cap penalties? avoid them altogether and you wont have to worry about it.
Madden NFL Series  > Madden General Discussion
Go to: