[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Frank Shamrock and BIG John McCarthy are PRE-ORDER FIGHTERS!  XML
EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games

[Avatar]

I wanted this shamrock up front

Is the difference appearence & stats? If its just stats I'd try using a fighter template, if that is in caf mode.

GT: Team ThirstyGDP

[Avatar]

cnc_ra3_epd.Yari wrote:
cem_ea_id.EA_RChase wrote:Yari

Europe will have preorder bonuses as well....they should be announced soon.

Awesome! I cant wait.

Hoping for Classic El Guapo with the goatee and his boxing robe. And the dutch underwear.

Also can't 4get the R's he used to right on his hands before every fight.

4x UFC Forums Champ
PSN ID: JHawksNumbr1
www.FitnessEdgeMMA.com

[Avatar]

Randy can we get a confirmation on shamrocks stats in the game. Will he be prime or only if you get the pre order.

Developer

cem_ea_id.Big_MikeMMA wrote:Oh man this is a complete letdown. I planned to use Frank Shamrock, the legend not the over the hill Shamrock thats being featured in the shipping game.

I even was curious about this not long ago http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/990255.page.

Does this mean that Tim Sylvia , Kevin Randlemen, & Andrei Arvloski will all be over the hill fighters in the game?

The difference between Frank Shamrock and Classic Frank Shamrock is centered around his look and fighting style. Classic Frank fights more like Frank fought in his early career (more focus on submissions and ground game) while the base Frank Shamrock is more representative of his entire career.

[Avatar]

thank you for the clarification

I hope these will be available for purchase on PSN. The FN younger versions of fighters were mostly cosmetic, maybe their block was changed or there were a few stat changes.

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

I like that he fights a little different, thats cool.

Hope it will be released to the public eventually. It would suck if people had to miss out on these fighters forever when they are just being given out as a pre-order bonus for only like 2 months.

I hate these retailer-specific pre-order bonuses... Its becoming a new trend and i think its awful. Why should the market control which fighters we get in the game?

Stop this silliness and just let us get the pre-order bonuses nomatter where we pre-order. Same thing about consol-specific DLC or whatever. Its stupid and never for the gamer. You have already given us "insentive" to pre-order, no need to make us choose where..

[Avatar]

Because these retailers are paying EA money for it. More money for development means a better game for you and me. Do you really care that much about fighting with Big John?

cem_ea_id.Fludbucket wrote:Because these retailers are paying EA money for it. More money for development means a better game for you and me. Do you really care that much about fighting with Big John?

I disagree, and im not talking about fighting with any particular pre-order fighter. Im talking about FORCING a choice upon the buyer. If a buyer wants all of them, he should get all of them, since he doesnt pay extra for either of them. Make them a dlc package instead if you are so concerned about extra funding.

Or make a proper business calculation as a true capitalist and dont rely on pre-order sales or insentives..

Bleh..

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

I like the extras, I hate the idea of missing out on stuff because I placed my order at the wrong store.

Anyway keep checking your online stores every now and then. It cant be long untill we find out more.

cnc_ra3_epd.Yari wrote:I like the extras, I hate the idea of missing out on stuff because I placed my order at the wrong store.

Anyway keep checking your online stores every now and then. It cant be long untill we find out more.

That is abit of my point, but put with less frustration over profit maximization for certain companies.

Anyway, my rant is over. I suppose ill have to live without most of the pre-order stuff, like i have with pre-ordering Mafia 2...

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.EA_RChase wrote:Yari

Europe will have preorder bonuses as well....they should be announced soon.

Yay

[Avatar]

ps3.misfit_grimm wrote:
cem_ea_id.Fludbucket wrote:Because these retailers are paying EA money for it. More money for development means a better game for you and me. Do you really care that much about fighting with Big John?

I disagree, and im not talking about fighting with any particular pre-order fighter. Im talking about FORCING a choice upon the buyer. If a buyer wants all of them, he should get all of them, since he doesnt pay extra for either of them. Make them a dlc package instead if you are so concerned about extra funding.

Or make a proper business calculation as a true capitalist and dont rely on pre-order sales or insentives..

Bleh..

Video games are overly fickle to predict sales very accurately, look what happened to UFC 2010 if you need an example. This will probably end up just like transformers where the characters are released as DLC in 2 months. Game Stop profits heavily from knowing the exact number of copies they are going to sell (so they can switch over to the secondary market as quickly as possible) these incentives make sense, and allow more financing to be in the game.

[Avatar]

Man, I haven't seen Big John McCarthy fight. I'm sure he is good but I don't think its a good idea to pre-order for him. It's like fighting with Shaq in UFC 2010. I think I'm going to go with Frank Shemrock.

EA SPORTS UFC  > EA SPORTS' Past MMA Games
Go to: