[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
My interpretation of what the NFS: World Online map SHOULD be like...  XML
Need for Speed World  > Community Sharing
Author Message




Joined: 10/24/2009 10:12:03
Messages: 22
Offline

Ok I completely get the excitement of the bridge jump at the end of Most Wanted. But doesn't it stand to reason that the bridge would be repaired if it was a main road to and from Carbon? Keeping it as a jump doesn't really make sense imo.




Joined: 02/12/2009 08:57:15
Messages: 16
Offline

this was found in textures archives in NFSWO files
http://www.picamatic.com/view/5709540_2-84-DXT1-nfs_c_ps-DEMO_WOR/

Any idea?


This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Music is what feelings sound like.



[Avatar]
Joined: 11/19/2007 14:55:40
Messages: 473
Location: Chicago
Offline

nfs_web.d29rty wrote:this was found in textures archives in NFSWO files
http://www.picamatic.com/view/5709540_2-84-DXT1-nfs_c_ps-DEMO_WOR/

Any idea?


Aha! That map brings back memories, that was the map that was in the NFS: Carbon Demo. Notice in the middle of the map to the right by the body of water there is a small squigly road, that is Lookout Point.

What else is in the archives for the game? Are there any codes for what cars are in the game?

[Email] [WWW]




Joined: 02/12/2009 08:57:15
Messages: 16
Offline

nfs texed 0.9.0 opens only .bin archives with textures. All I can say is that game is based on NFS Carbon. I found archive with all textures of cars logos that were available in Carbon, also there are textures of our teammates (Nikki and so on) and bosses like Kenji. Mazda RX7, presented in the beta has Kenji's vynil.

Speaking about new race tracks here is the texture:
http://www.picamatic.com/view/5709843_8-112-DXT1-nfs_c_ps-ADS_FAK/
but in the game it is named nfs_c_ps-ADS_FAKE1.. so it can be only a kind of an easter egg.

And one more picture. I don't know why is it presents in World Online, but..
http://www.picamatic.com/view/5709846_2-57-DXT5-nfs_c_ps-CAMO_TYP/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/25/2009 15:35:04



This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Music is what feelings sound like.



[Avatar]
Joined: 11/19/2007 14:55:40
Messages: 473
Location: Chicago
Offline

nfs_web.d29rty wrote:nfs texed 0.9.0 opens only .bin archives with textures. All I can say is that game is based on NFS Carbon. I found archive with all textures of cars logos that were available in Carbon, also there are textures of our teammates (Nikki and so on) and bosses like Kenji. Mazda RX7, presented in the beta has Kenji's vynil.

Speaking about new race tracks here is the texture:
http://www.picamatic.com/view/5709843_8-112-DXT1-nfs_c_ps-ADS_FAK/
but in the game it is named nfs_c_ps-ADS_FAKE1.. so it can be only a kind of an easter egg.


Hmm...thats interesting, extract as much as you can out of the coding from the game to see what else there is. As for that texture that you think is an easter egg it is from NFS: Carbon as a billboard in San Juan


[Email] [WWW]




Joined: 07/23/2009 09:54:25
Messages: 809
Location: Yambol,Bulgaria
Offline

nfs_web.d29rty wrote:this was found in textures archives in NFSWO files
http://www.picamatic.com/view/5709540_2-84-DXT1-nfs_c_ps-DEMO_WOR/

Any idea?


What the HECK is that?! It somehow looks familiar but...what is this,really?




[Avatar]
Joined: 06/28/2008 02:23:52
Messages: 2688
Offline

cem_ea_id.jaizon wrote:Ok I completely get the excitement of the bridge jump at the end of Most Wanted. But doesn't it stand to reason that the bridge would be repaired if it was a main road to and from Carbon? Keeping it as a jump doesn't really make sense imo.


It does matter. In Underground there was a bridge that was never lowered and I looked forward to jumping it. There's nothing like a good bridge jump to get the pulse racing-well there is..

Do you remember racing in Underground and being in second place, but once you got to the bridge you hit your NOS and overpass them while in the air and win the race. Oh hey exciting was that to you....



A mans' work is his defense; he that has to defend his own work, has a poor azz defense!




Joined: 10/27/2009 08:41:55
Messages: 5
Location: Romania, Bucharest city
Offline

xbox.Dillano609 wrote:This is the map I decided to make seeing as how the original one for the game is completely off. There were canyons in NFS: Carbon so it would only make sense to make use of those canyons to connect Palmont and Rockport since that is how we got from Rockport to Palmont in the first place between games. I tried to take everything into consideration such as distance, (Rockport and Palmont are seperated by at least 10 miles according to the intro of NFSC) height, and location of each road. I also took into consideration the length of what each canyon actually is, behind and past the start and finish lines from my glitching in the past, along with the shape of the road in the final pursuit area (It coninues straight and makes a long 180 degree turn if you ever explored behind the construction). I also added San Juan and the Drift Course by analyzing their locations, from glitches, to what their respective locations should be. I added a highway as well since it would seem to make sense to connect Downtown Rockport to Silverton in Palmont.

I also took into consideration the locations of Tri-City and Bayview if they were added as expansions...

What does everyone think?

Here is the original map...



Here is my map...


Good job there Dylan! But instanted of tri city, I think it should be Need for Speed Underground 1 city

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/2009 06:47:39

[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]




Joined: 07/23/2009 09:54:25
Messages: 809
Location: Yambol,Bulgaria
Offline

Olympic City is far faaar away,according to the lore




[Avatar]
Joined: 10/13/2009 10:25:11
Messages: 99
Location: Alytus, Lithuania
Offline

nfs_web.Spooling wrote:DAMN YOU DILLANO! lol they could of added that in the future,like added on content..mann! =[


xbox.Dillano609 wrote:Yes, I admit I used your map as an outline. [...] I hope you don't mind that I used your map as an outline, after all, if it wasn't for your map I wouldn't have made mine, lol
So it's my fault now, huh! lol

[WWW]




Joined: 10/24/2009 10:12:03
Messages: 22
Offline

It does matter. In Underground there was a bridge that was never lowered and I looked forward to jumping it. There's nothing like a good bridge jump to get the pulse racing-well there is..

Do you remember racing in Underground and being in second place, but once you got to the bridge you hit your NOS and overpass them while in the air and win the race. Oh hey exciting was that to you....


There's reading what I wrote and then there's understanding it. I covered the part where I understood the excitement of the bridge jump. But you completely ignored the part where I explained that if it was a bridge connecting the two games/cities, that it stands to reason it wouldn't (or shouldn't) remain a jump. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a regular bridge in MW right? And in Underground it's a bridge that raises to let ships through? The MW bridge would be repaired because it's a common travel route. Whereas you just lower or raise the bridge accordingly in Underground.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/27/2009 12:47:48




[Avatar]
Joined: 06/28/2008 02:23:52
Messages: 2688
Offline

cem_ea_id.jaizon wrote:
It does matter. In Underground there was a bridge that was never lowered and I looked forward to jumping it. There's nothing like a good bridge jump to get the pulse racing-well there is..

Do you remember racing in Underground and being in second place, but once you got to the bridge you hit your NOS and overpass them while in the air and win the race. Oh hey exciting was that to you....


There's reading what I wrote and then there's understanding it. I covered the part where I understood the excitement of the bridge jump. But you completely ignored the part where I explained that if it was a bridge connecting the two games/cities, that it stands to reason it wouldn't (or shouldn't) remain a jump. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a regular bridge in MW right? And in Underground it's a bridge that raises to let ships through? The MW bridge would be repaired because it's a common travel route. Whereas you just lower or raise the bridge accordingly in Underground.



Well, I thought it was so ridiculous that they took a small bridge and "fixed" it into a longer tunnel. I personally find tunnels in NFS very boring.

EA finds a way to mess up things that work or add to the enjoyment of the game.



A mans' work is his defense; he that has to defend his own work, has a poor azz defense!




Joined: 10/27/2009 08:41:55
Messages: 5
Location: Romania, Bucharest city
Offline

cem_ea_id.Kaizeras wrote:EA just delayed NFS WO with an YEAR.

So there's a big chance to see the map in the way that it SHOULD be on release

When you say "EA just delayed NFS WO with an YEAR." that means Need for Speed World Online should be ready at the end of year 2010 lol, like how you said in this video more info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMmO1aSqE4&feature=related
On wikipedia NFS WO released date is 2010, so I think now is official...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_speed_world_online
Well, EA team of NFS WO start this game project about 1 year (at least that I heard)
I take a look at you tube videos with the NFS WO beta tests, game looks good like it is ready to be released I think... So WHAT THE HECK they are going to do in ONE MORE year? That is the question xD Canyons and others changed things on the map not takes more than a month right? In one year options of the game modify have NO LIMITS!
I have already start to think they are going to make this game on DVD LMAO!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/28/2009 00:07:15

[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!]




Joined: 12/17/2006 05:42:52
Messages: 313
Location: Linköping, Sweden
Offline

nfs.RANDYORTON wrote:
cem_ea_id.Kaizeras wrote:EA just delayed NFS WO with an YEAR.

So there's a big chance to see the map in the way that it SHOULD be on release

When you say "EA just delayed NFS WO with an YEAR." that means Need for Speed World Online should be ready at the end of year 2010 lol, like how you said in this video more info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMmO1aSqE4&feature=related
On wikipedia NFS WO released date is 2010, so I think now is official...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_speed_world_online
Well, EA team of NFS WO start this game project about 1 year (at least that I heard)
I take a look at you tube videos with the NFS WO beta tests, game looks good like it is ready to be released I think... So WHAT THE HECK they are going to do in ONE MORE year? That is the question xD Canyons and others changed things on the map not takes more than a month right? In one year options of the game modify have NO LIMITS!
I have already start to think they are going to make this game on DVD LMAO!


Are you kidding me? Judging from those videos NFSWO is far, far from release. First of all, there are a ton of bugs making the game crash etc, and also you can clearly see opponent racers skipping all over the track so there's clearly a network communication problem. There's no cops yet, and probably loads of other content that needs to be added (cars, race modes, races, etc). I'm glad they aren't rushing NFSWO like they rushed Undercover.

And please, DO NOT underestimate the time and effort required to develop a game. As a person who have developed software myself, I feel offended.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/28/2009 08:25:43




[Avatar]
Joined: 11/19/2007 14:55:40
Messages: 473
Location: Chicago
Offline

MAIN.MrStalker89 wrote:Are you kidding me? Judging from those videos NFSWO is far, far from release. First of all, there are a ton of bugs making the game crash etc, and also you can clearly see opponent racers skipping all over the track so there's clearly a network communication problem. There's no cops yet, and probably loads of other content that needs to be added (cars, race modes, races, etc). I'm glad they aren't rushing NFSWO like they rushed Undercover.

And please, DO NOT underestimate the time and effort required to develop a game. As a person who have developed software myself, I feel offended.


I wouldn't be so quick to say that. After all, this was just a beta with only some of the content in the game, they probably have a more finished build at this point seeing as how they have added the R35 and Gallardo LP560-4 to the game (From what they have willingly released). I do agree there may be network problems, but it seems to only apply to some people based on what I am assuming is their own internet connection. I also agree that coding a game takes a long time, since when you change one thing something else changes, but for a game that seems as complete as it does now I don't think it would require an entire year, maybe 3/4 of that or less factoring in the addition of new content to the latest build of the game and the game's future compatibility for expansions...

[Email] [WWW]
Need for Speed World  > Community Sharing
Go to: