[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
MUST READ - Tiger Woods PGA 12 Rant!! (DO NOT BUY!!)  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion

I actually registered to comment on this specific topic.

In all honesty, I would rather EA had not released a Tiger Woods game for PC than to have experienced this piece of utter nonsense. It really is a slap in the face to all PC users who bought it.

The funny thing is, on some level, I get it. EA is fed up with piracy on the PC, so why not market a game that is simply a slightly improved version of a free game? This way, if they pirate it, no big deal, right?

EA was never very savvy when it comes to public opinion (if you didn't get the hint after Dante's Inferno, it's probably time not just to fire your marketing department, but the upper management responsible for their continued employment as well). They're going to continue to disparage the PC users based on piracy issues. The neater solution would be NOT TO RELEASE FOR PC AT ALL.

I'm normally a fan of EA Sports games. I didn't think the whole 2K Games/NFL licensing thing was handled very well, and if your game can't stand a little competition, then it doesn't deserve to be on the market. But some of the most recent shenanigans, even for the console players (Madden Season Ticket, anyone?) are nothing short of outrageous. This game is an abomination. You didn't even bother to dress it up, either. If you're going to deceive the customer by selling him slightly updated freeware for $40, at least have the decency to do a good job of it!

And the truth is, the solution here is very simple. PC fans of Tiger Woods would have been perfectly pleased with a port. I mean, really. The exact same game, I don't even care if you update the graphics or add in another mini-game or anything as long as I get the same basic gameplay and experience I would on a console. I'm just asking for the bar to be even, and since I'm using a superior system, I think my demand is perfectly reasonable. Just make the same game!

But instead we get this. Thankfully I played it at a friend's house before forking over my dough. He now has his refund and is smarting from the whole experience. But this should never have happened. This game is so bad I wouldn't pay one dollar for it. Not even if that one dollar was the last dollar needed for the heart transplant of <insert your favorite earthbound representation of a deity here>! You mean I have to get Tiger Woods 12 for PC in the deal? Sorry, no thanks, bring on the bad ending for all mankind.

No Xbox 360 Controller support? Really? You need the customers to tell you this should be included? No GRASS, just green colored, barely textured-mapped bland surfaces? No player customization to speak of? These console-standard features are the ones you need the feedback to add? And the list goes on. The camera angles are terrible, I often have no idea where the ball landed until my next shot. The difficulty levels are near identical to one another. ORIGIN. You actually have so much money that you're wasting servers and electricity on ORIGIN?

I've wasted enough of my breath. EA, you're not too big to fail. Every company who thought they were and stopped bothering to address the complaints of the consumer who feeds their profit margin paid for their arrogance. Your purchase of PopCap probably should have clued you in on that, but you're too busy plotting your next PR failure. Thanks for nothing.

really this game should be called 'tiger woods online: bronze edition'... because thats legitamately what it is...

they could have taken tiger woods 08 and just bumped it up to 2011 standards and i would be happy or a straight console port...

does this game even have a way to swing the club by moving your mouse, like the 08 version? now i think its just timed click swing... down graded every expectation...

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

VampireSaviour wrote:
I'm normally a fan of EA Sports games. I didn't think the whole 2K Games/NFL licensing thing was handled very well, and if your game can't stand a little competition, then it doesn't deserve to be on the market. But some of the most recent shenanigans, even for the console players (Madden Season Ticket, anyone?) are nothing short of outrageous.

The NFL licensing issue was brought on by the NFL asking EA and 2K to bid for an exclusive license. Not EA's fault they did this.

As far as the Season Ticket is concerned, it is an OPTION for users to take advantage of. No one at EA is holding a gun to anyone's head making them buy this feature.

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Odyssey White Ice 35" Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

CSHunter wrote:1) they could have taken tiger woods 08 and just bumped it up to 2011 standards and i would be happy or a straight console port...

2) does this game even have a way to swing the club by moving your mouse, like the 08 version? now i think its just timed click swing... down graded every expectation...

1) Agreed.

2) Yes, Trueswing is in TW 12 PC as well as TW Online....

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Odyssey White Ice 35" Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

I downloaded the game on Tuesday, 09/06/2011, and play the game on PC. I have been playing Tiger Woods Online for about a year now so the set-up and game play was very familiar. That's about all the good there is. I'm pretty disappointed in the game and wish I had never spent the money on it. Here are the reasons.

1) When I started the "Road to the Masters" all my experience and equipment transferred over from TW Online. So I'm starting out my career with the best equipment you can buy and about 3 mil in the bank.

2) Since I had the best equipment I played everything on expert and set the rounds of golf to 4. I ended up winning the first round because that's all it played not the 4 I had selected and was in the PGA in like four rounds of golf.

3) Like I said I had it set to expert and was winning or tied for the win in the PGA until I got to Agusta. The guy that won that tourney was -19 after the first round. I finished like -1 and didn't make the cut. -19 in one round at Agusta....really?

I may go back to TW08 where you hang with your buds and work your way up to the tour slowly. You have to budget your money with travel, entrance fees and equipment. A little more realistic I think. Also the graphics aren't that bad. Hey it's just one guys opinion.

CalUKGR wrote:This game isn't bad at all. I admit I'm disappointed and unimpressed by the complete non-effort that's been put into the graphics - EA, really, is it beyond the wit of your artists and designers to use a more advanced game engine with a few DX11 features? I mean, come on, you guys must be at least a little embarrassed by the look of the game.

Apart from that - and yes, it is a biggie - I do like the game and I certainly don't feel 'cheated'.

Just one more thing: why no 360 controller support on PC?

I am quite literally speechless, utterly baffled, by that omission.

I can second this.

I had read this thread before buying and said WT@ I'm still going to give it a shot...

Not disapointed that I did YES the graphics could be better I have a MONSTER Game rig and it is still full of eye candy and allows me to enjoy the game!

Its sad just how quickly after typing in unhappy Tiger Woods the Masters the Rep( I don't think its a real person even if you give them a name) said 'Are you inquiring about a refund? it was instant. They knew it was a fail but still put it out there. How do they get away with it?! its sickening.

CSHunter wrote:
SAMOEDADDY wrote:
EAcom Golf Tim wrote:
bradess wrote:but wished that had just released a port of the console version in the first place.

Could not agree more

Would have been better than what they gave. It is a total shame they did this. It is a shame that a EA moderator agrees.

It is a shame, its just sickening. EA started out on PC and got ported over to consoles... Now EA is making the same games, but exclusively for consoles. And we don't even get a cheap port... instead we get a dressed up copy of a free online game.

"EA started out on PC"

lol goes to show how long you have been gaming for, not. EA were making games LONG before PC's

EA have ALWAYS made games for systems other than the PC. I used to play EA games before PC's even hit the market, and PGA tour has been on every console generation since the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the PC did not make EA.

Developer
[Avatar]

xYossarianx wrote:lol goes to show how long you have been gaming for, not. EA were making games LONG before PC's

EA have ALWAYS made games for systems other than the PC. I used to play EA games before PC's even hit the market, and PGA tour has been on every console generation since the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the PC did not make EA.

Not to stray off topic too much here, but a history lesson is in order.

Actually, EA made games for systems like Commodore 64 and the Apple IIe long before consoles existed.

From the EA wiki page:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#1982.E2.80.931991

Founded and incorporated on May 28, 1982 by Trip Hawkins, the company was a pioneer of the early home computer games industry

Also: http://www.answers.com/topic/electronic-arts

EA's first product, shipped in May of 1983, was a software game for the Atari 800 game player, but shortly thereafter the market shifted to the Commodore system. EA readjusted quickly, and in October 1983 it shipped six more games for the Commodore 64 computer. In 1984 its 'Skyfox' computer game, designed for the Apple II computer, became a best-seller. Two years later EA began producing games for the new Commodore Amiga, which turned out to be a very popular computer.

Regards,

EA_MikeNoface
Origin Live Support

Completely Dissappointed with this game. Even more so dissappointed with EA. I used to buy the new version every year when it was released regularly, and couldn't wait for this one. Was so excited i spent the 6th of September checking Origin every hour or so to see if it was available for download.

It finally arrived on the 7th and I downloaded it as soon as I could. I played it once and havent gone back to it. Utterly dissappointed.

From memory the video quality was better in the 2004 etc versions. Hell, the quality is even better in a 2 year olds scrap book. I can't even work out how to get commentating on. Pfftt.

Screw you EA!

If you do not Re release 12, (You could even make the name longer) Tiger Woods PGA Tour: The Masters 2012 Version 2.0, I will never buy and EA game again.

I'm a small fish in a big sea, I know that, but I'll garauntee that there are a bloody lot of "small fish" out there that have the cranks with you.

P.S Origin Sucks.

actualyl NBZ 2K IS on PC adn is just as good asthe soncole version an dFIFA 12 is also on PC and Formula 1 from Codemasters isnt different to console and neither is AMY sports title from othe rcompanies. Pro evolution soccer has never been different on PC .

ONLY EA TITLES ARE BAD on PC over consoles...

ACCEPT for BF3. Thats the only one and FIFA 12. Well we HOPE fifa 12 is goign to be exactly the same as consoles. I actually woudnt mind, IF they jsut copied and pasted the console versions to PC straight over. Thats much better than actually decreasing gameplay on PC lol.

EA, hurry up and get on STEAM with BF3 too, while your at trying to appease the PC gamers.

[Avatar]

Very interesting thread.

For those of you who just purchased TW12 for pc/mac and are having your first experience with the Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online (TWO) game, you may wish to check out this forum:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/174.page

It’s EA’s official Tiger Woods Online and TW12 for pc/mac forum.

Maverick
[Email]

I recently purchased Tiger Woods PGA tour 12, The Masters at a local Frys Electronics (DVD version). I am so very disapointed in the quality of this game, words can not describe. This game looks like it was an afterthought. I have been a fan of the TigerWoods series since it's inception and waited eagerly for this game since the release of the 2008 version.
The graphics are unbelievably terrible. The trees, sky and backdrop look like a cheap cut/copy/paste. Even in the "super" setting, the game is unenjoyable. It's 2011, You mean to tell me that you can't do better than this? What has happened to EA PC gaming? I would really like to get my money back. How can I go about getting a refund on my retail version (DVD) of the game?

where's my post?

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

fman2118 wrote:where's my post?

Right where you posted it. Perfectly viewable here.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion
Go to: