[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Step spammers  XML
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion XBOX 360 & PS3 Discussion
Author Message




Joined: 05/05/2010 17:44:33
Messages: 1029
Offline

mikeluvspie wrote:
GooRillaGrodd wrote:
mikeluvspie wrote:you can absolutely complain about step-spamming even if you use body spamming to beat it. point is that most people don't WANT to body spam but feel forced into it because of the steppers. and stepping is much harder to beat than body spamming, period, end of story. I've NEVER played an "elite" body spammer... only steppers. if body spamming was the exploit to beat all exploits, then that's what the top guys would use. they don't. that's just common sense.

yeah you can use timing and blah blah but if you mess up, it only takes 1 step-counter to the face to win a round. I'm not worried about a stepper getting a KO, I'm worried about them stealing rounds. if you face a body spammer, just punch them in the face as you back away. it doesn't get much easier than that.


When you say "body spammer" I think you're thinking of guys who throw 80% to the body coming forward nonstop. Most body spammers nowadays throw about 50/50 or 40/60 head/body and they're body spammers because they're so reliant on the offsetting and discombobulating effect of body punches.

Let's be honest, people throw body punches because they're the easiest punches to land against any kind of opponent. That's the whole point of body spamming. Know what I'm sayin, Mike? lol. Maybe people are telling themselves they do it because of steppers, but it devolves into an intentional "style" pretty quickly. I don't move or step alot when I use Chavez in H2H and most people try to take advantage of that by spamming the body.

they're the easiest punches to land, but they also have the least effect. you can't win rounds by punching the body, and that's a fact. and they also do almost nothing to your health, also a fact. offsetting only matters if you try to punch while someone is hitting your body, and you shouldn't be doing that in the first place. just hold block until their combo is done and they're out of stamina, then nail them back. it's really not a difficult concept. a body spammer can't do anything to you that you don't ALLOW them to do. same goes with draining stamina... you'll lose more stamina trying to body spam someone than they'll lose if they limit the number of shots they throw. truth is that "body spamming" is really only effective against people who don't know what they're doing. I honestly can't remember the last time I lost to someone because of a body attack.

fact is that you can still beat a body spammer by simply backing up and punching them in the face. you might find it annoying or cheap to do, but that doesn't make it all that much of a problem. I'll say it again.... there are NO "elite" body spammers.


Most body spammers never come forward. They back up and look for step counters and and 1,2 to the body whenever there's an exchange.

Everything you say is said from the perspective of someone who only fights at HW with Marciano. I don't have the luxury of allowing my opponent to bounce shots of my block flick before I throw wild left hook right hook combos that can kill a horse everytime I fight. I rely on timeing and skill and body jabs that make me do the cabbage patch are an unrealistic feature of the game.




Joined: 07/27/2011 22:01:43
Messages: 593
Offline

GooRillaGrodd wrote:
mikeluvspie wrote:
GooRillaGrodd wrote:
mikeluvspie wrote:you can absolutely complain about step-spamming even if you use body spamming to beat it. point is that most people don't WANT to body spam but feel forced into it because of the steppers. and stepping is much harder to beat than body spamming, period, end of story. I've NEVER played an "elite" body spammer... only steppers. if body spamming was the exploit to beat all exploits, then that's what the top guys would use. they don't. that's just common sense.

yeah you can use timing and blah blah but if you mess up, it only takes 1 step-counter to the face to win a round. I'm not worried about a stepper getting a KO, I'm worried about them stealing rounds. if you face a body spammer, just punch them in the face as you back away. it doesn't get much easier than that.


When you say "body spammer" I think you're thinking of guys who throw 80% to the body coming forward nonstop. Most body spammers nowadays throw about 50/50 or 40/60 head/body and they're body spammers because they're so reliant on the offsetting and discombobulating effect of body punches.

Let's be honest, people throw body punches because they're the easiest punches to land against any kind of opponent. That's the whole point of body spamming. Know what I'm sayin, Mike? lol. Maybe people are telling themselves they do it because of steppers, but it devolves into an intentional "style" pretty quickly. I don't move or step alot when I use Chavez in H2H and most people try to take advantage of that by spamming the body.

they're the easiest punches to land, but they also have the least effect. you can't win rounds by punching the body, and that's a fact. and they also do almost nothing to your health, also a fact. offsetting only matters if you try to punch while someone is hitting your body, and you shouldn't be doing that in the first place. just hold block until their combo is done and they're out of stamina, then nail them back. it's really not a difficult concept. a body spammer can't do anything to you that you don't ALLOW them to do. same goes with draining stamina... you'll lose more stamina trying to body spam someone than they'll lose if they limit the number of shots they throw. truth is that "body spamming" is really only effective against people who don't know what they're doing. I honestly can't remember the last time I lost to someone because of a body attack.

fact is that you can still beat a body spammer by simply backing up and punching them in the face. you might find it annoying or cheap to do, but that doesn't make it all that much of a problem. I'll say it again.... there are NO "elite" body spammers.


Most body spammers never come forward. They back up and look for step counters and and 1,2 to the body whenever there's an exchange.

Everything you say is said from the perspective of someone who only fights at HW with Marciano. I don't have the luxury of allowing my opponent to bounce shots of my block flick before I throw wild left hook right hook combos that can kill a horse everytime I fight. I rely on timeing and skill and body jabs that make me do the cabbage patch are an unrealistic feature of the game.


I would think that if you polled the forum, 90% of people would describe a body spammer as someone who comes forward while attacking the body. I've actually NEVER heard of or seen a "body spammer" who fights while running away. so I'll now admit that I have no clue what you're actually complaining about. I'm pretty sure you should adjust your terminology, though, because you're not talking about body spamming at this point.




Joined: 05/05/2010 17:44:33
Messages: 1029
Offline

As we all know, your definition of a spammer varies...

I'm talking about people who throw a high volume of body punches to rely on the off-setting. Isn't that what started the whole conversation? When I said body punch off-setting was a problem? Off-setting body combos are the first line of defense for most runners and step counterers when they're forced to exchange. It's no secret that starting every combo to the body is a very viable tactic because of off-setting. Honestly, are you really this dumb or are you baiting me into something further on in the conversation?

Surely you've fought guys that try to run and 1,2 up and down when you get close? As a bum who only fights at HW with Marciano, maybe this isn't a problem for you. You can just block pump their flurries away, press A,B,A,B and partially land a hook that wins you the round. But if you're trying to play as a boxer who's not that strong and use head movement, timing and angles, the only way to be successful when someone starts throwing half their combos to the body is to either start throwing half your punches to the body as well or to move and step.

When I started playing the game again after a layoff I tried to scale back steps from my style and use angles and head movement alot more, but in nearly every fight, bum or elite, sim or spammer, when they couldn't hit me in the head and they got countered they all started going to the body. And that's fine, that's what you're supposed to do against someone with good defense. But when a 4-1 ratio didn't win them rounds it went to 3-1, then 2-1 until they were just lunging forward with 1,2's to the body hoping to offset and get a free counter while I tried to step-counter them.

People complained about stepping so I tried to give the people what they want but I had to bring the step out because it was my only defence against body spam with the build of my boxer. Body punches are easy to land and people will spam them when they can't land, regardless if it's against a stepper. It's just as much of an exploit as stepping.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/01/2012 21:28:42





Joined: 07/27/2011 22:01:43
Messages: 593
Offline

again, you're not making sense. if your complaint is off-setting, then complain about that, don't complain about body spamming. sure definitions vary, but when you know that most of the community describes something in a certain way, why would you use that term to describe something totally different?

and saying that steppercuts are your response to bodyspamming is asinine. you don't counter a body punch with a sidestep uppercut. what are you even talking about at this point?

as normal, I'm gonna just ignore whatever you have to say about how I fight because you've never fought me. if you'd like to actually find out for yourself, then let me know.




Joined: 05/05/2010 17:44:33
Messages: 1029
Offline

mikeluvspie wrote:again, you're not making sense. if your complaint is off-setting, then complain about that, don't complain about body spamming. sure definitions vary, but when you know that most of the community describes something in a certain way, why would you use that term to describe something totally different?

and saying that steppercuts are your response to bodyspamming is asinine. you don't counter a body punch with a sidestep uppercut. what are you even talking about at this point?

as normal, I'm gonna just ignore whatever you have to say about how I fight because you've never fought me. if you'd like to actually find out for yourself, then let me know.


Body spamming is throwing a higher percentage of body punches than is realistic to gain an advantage. If someone uses the off-setting to their advantage but only throws 25% to the body, that's fine with me. But people are throwing 45-60% to the body and they're doing it for the off-setting. that's body-spam. Do you get it now or are you still retarded?

When I try to stay in the pocket and use head movement and angles (You know, stuff related to real life boxing) people can easily nullify most of it by simply spamming the body because of the off-setting. This forces me to fight from more of a distance where all kinds of steps and counters are more natural and necessary for me.

Go ask your mom to put up her WWE magazine down and read all this to you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/01/2012 22:19:36





Joined: 07/27/2011 22:01:43
Messages: 593
Offline

so basically what you're saying is that when you hulahoop, people spam your body. instead of just backing away and punching them in the face, you're forced with no other option but steppercutting them? and all this while you're supposedly aiming for realism?

also what if someone is hitting the body a lot but not doing it for the offsetting (which you only really see when you start with the 1-2)? then is it still something you have a problem with, or is that ok?




Joined: 07/27/2011 22:01:43
Messages: 593
Offline

I've still never seen a steppercut used to counter a body punch. if they were good like that then body spamming WOULDN'T be a counter for steppercutting. but.... it is. I guess your steppercuts are the magical type that can counter shots to your midsection, I dunno. or maybe you're just a steppercutter and are trying to make excuses for it. and no, you'll never see a boxer throwing that high a % of body punches, but you'll never see 75% of the things that are in this game in real life anyway. you can't start complaining about realism while steppercutting, though.

and you insulting me more and more during this conversation is pretty telling. just saying.




Joined: 02/04/2012 09:40:50
Messages: 36
Offline

I'm not a person who can only win by stepping. I only step to get a few counters beacuse they score well on the scorecards. I mostly do a combination and then do a few steps but I never side step, back step none stop, every opponent I have fought must be able to back me up on that. Also I don't see the problem of stepping because why would they put steps on a game if people think it's some sort of cheat but everyone who plays the game has an opportunity to step some do some don't everyone has there own style, that's what makes the game interesting. If your winning the round from the combinations you have landed, why not throw a few single punches and get some counters with the help from steps ?
Also you carn't step none stop as you would have to get a early knockout win or your stamina in the later rounds would be terrible !
Thanks, LEON.



[Avatar]
Joined: 02/29/2012 15:00:08
Messages: 196
Offline

[quote=x M0TTY x]I'm not a person who can only win by stepping. I only step to get a few counters beacuse they score well on the scorecards. I mostly do a combination and then do a few steps but I never side step, back step none stop, every opponent I have fought must be able to back me up on that. Also I don't see the problem of stepping because why would they put steps on a game if people think it's some sort of cheat but everyone who plays the game has an opportunity to step some do some don't everyone has there own style, that's what makes the game interesting. If your winning the round from the combinations you have landed, why not throw a few single punches and get some counters with the help from steps ?
Also you carn't step none stop as you would have to get a early knockout win or your stamina in the later rounds would be terrible !
Thanks, LEON.[/quote]

Did you have an old gamer tag: II Leon II, something along the lines of that?




Joined: 02/04/2012 09:40:50
Messages: 36
Offline

Hello PLATIMUM GLOVES yes I did but I don't go on that account anymore I was a real bum then ha, why you ask ?




Joined: 09/01/2011 18:51:21
Messages: 271
Offline

makes me laugh at the * all u "pro" players talk, you make yourselfs look dumb as *.

1x HW champ
2x MW champ
19x HW euro champ
14x HW UK champ




Joined: 01/06/2012 13:28:48
Messages: 1353
Location: WA, Australia
Offline

TEZZ wrote:makes me laugh at the * all u "pro" players talk, you make yourselfs look dumb as *.


I was once a hater like you. But then I took a straight spammer to the win streak.





Joined: 01/12/2012 15:39:49
Messages: 2172
Offline

[quote=x M0TTY x]I'm not a person who can only win by stepping. I only step to get a few counters beacuse they score well on the scorecards. I mostly do a combination and then do a few steps but I never side step, back step none stop, every opponent I have fought must be able to back me up on that. Also I don't see the problem of stepping because why would they put steps on a game if people think it's some sort of cheat but everyone who plays the game has an opportunity to step some do some don't everyone has there own style, that's what makes the game interesting. If your winning the round from the combinations you have landed, why not throw a few single punches and get some counters with the help from steps ?
Also you carn't step none stop as you would have to get a early knockout win or your stamina in the later rounds would be terrible !
Thanks, LEON.[/quote]

I only went by the one fight i had against you. As soon as the bell rang for the first round and i walked up to you, the first thing you did was sidestep before i even threw a punch. You continued to step before every punch you threw. I don't know if maybe you don't realize how much you actually did it in our fight and maybe you don't do it every fight? I just went 10 rounds against someone that stepped the whole time before i played you, and i just wasn't in the mood to go another 10 rounds to have to go to the body and make you miss 70% of your step counters because they do so much damage. It's nothing personal against you, it's just the style i can't stand.




Joined: 07/27/2011 22:01:43
Messages: 593
Offline

the thing is that they don't just "score well," they actually steal rounds. so you do enough of those to guarantee the round and then box normally... that's great but you still stole the round with a few cheap steppercuts.




Joined: 01/12/2012 15:39:49
Messages: 2172
Offline

and again, maybe motty dosen't step that much in all of his fights, but he sure stepped alot in the fight i had with him. He admits to using it to steal rounds, but if you're good enough at boxing then you can win without doing that.

I just had a tyson vs tyson fight where my opponent was steppercutting the whole fight. I was clearly outboxing him every round but he landed a few of the steppercuts and won 5 out the 7 rounds and got 2 flash knockdowns. Luckily for me, he gassed out and i knocked him out in the 7th round (1 knockdown in the 6th, 2 in the 7th).

My point is he hardly landed any punches, but because they were steppercuts they won him every round he wasn't knocked down. The one good thing i noticed is that he only threw 400 punches and was gassed out by the 7th round. I threw 600 variety punches ( around 360 to the head, 240 to the body) and still had about 75% stamina.
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion XBOX 360 & PS3 Discussion
Go to: