[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
The Earth Will Shake On May 15 (Diablo 3)  XML
NHL Series  > NHL® Off Topic

[Avatar]

The Earth will shake on June 26th, Guild Wars 2

"The way I figured, it was always up to me to prove my worth, that I deserved to be here."
~Steve Yzerman, "The Captain"

[Avatar]

TNA Equalizer wrote:
JoyToTheWorld14 wrote:
OneTimerNimer wrote:
TNA Equalizer wrote:So here's a question for those experience with Diablo. Is it worth getting the battlechest for the first two Diablo's to play and get accustom to before 3 comes out? I've never given it a try, but I'm highly intrigued by the previews for 3.

Blizzard has done an amazing job with easing people into the game as you play, so you'll be fine jumping into D3 without playing the first two, only get those if you're into story.

I'd have to agree with this.

Looks like I'll hold off on the first two then. Thank you for the input.

You should still get the first 2. It's something you have to experience I think just for the overall fun factor

http://vghl.forumotion.ca/

[Avatar]

The ONLY CPU games I will play is World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. I play the rest of my games on my PS3/360

[Avatar]

I waited months before playing Skyrim, lying to myself that it wasn't that good.

Then I played it. Really got into it. Played it to death and ended up being sick of it.

I'm kinda afraid of D3... and its MMO-like nature.

I told myself, after losing months of my life with World Of Warcraft : "never again"...

Willpower and discipline? yeah, sure, I have that... suuuure.

"This went downhill faster than expected."

- EA_Noun, 01/06/13

[Avatar]

PocketDeuces wrote:I waited months before playing Skyrim, lying to myself that it wasn't that good.

Then I played it. Really got into it. Played it to death and ended up being sick of it.

I told myself, after losing months of my life with World Of Warcraft : "never again"...

Im sure that happened to everyone who played WoW....just like me, get like 4hours of sleep everyday

J-CAMPS wrote:
PocketDeuces wrote:I waited months before playing Skyrim, lying to myself that it wasn't that good.

Im sure that happened to everyone who played WoW....just like me, get like 4hours of sleep everyday

I had to cancel WoW when I had nothing left to do but raid the same easy nerfed down content over and over and over. Yet in Vanilla and BC when we were doing the same thing it was actually fun. Content was hard and you actually had an extreme sense of gratification when you finally killed the boss you'd been trying to down for weeks.

[Avatar]

Yeah, I was a raider myself (druid healer), was in a guild that pioneered the Blackwing Lair strategies and the first on our server to down whatever the pixie-like fairy boss' name was in Ahn Qiraj (the next to last boss I think) ...

The guild leaders were such a humorless bunch of military-like blowhards that it stopped being fun in the first month but I grinded it out 4 nights a week like it was my second job. Never again.

I'll admit crushing cans on PVP battlegrounds and barely ever losing was sweet as hell though. PVP was the main reason I kept playing. D3 will have that in a few months, this game is gonna sell 5 million copies before christmas...

- EA_Noun, 01/06/13

[Avatar]

Well the earth shook a little early today here.

"You can't tell other people to do it if you aren't doing it yourself."
"If it's not working, you're just not working hard enough."
- Mike Richards

WoW was fun until I realized there's 0 choices to be made. You pick your talents from a website that lists the best ones, then you get the next best weapon or piece of armour and don't even have to think about whether it's an upgrade or not, because it always is.

Diablo I had the best system for items and character development I've ever seen, even if some of the items weren't well though out, there were choices to be made. Do you take the helm that lowers magic but ups strength? Do you want to put your next skill up in dexterity or vitality? And the spell system was ingenious, allowing all classes access to every spell out there, so your warrior could hurl fireballs and wield a sword, or your rogue could teleport when enemies got too close, it was genius.

Diablo 2 improved the overall gameplay, but destroyed this aspect that made the first game so great, WoW has nothing that even resembles it. At least in D2 you could randomly obtain items that may be better than what you have, in WoW you know which boss to kill to get which item that will certainly be an upgrade to yours.

Both of them screwed the pooch in terms of character development though. Even though D2 has some pretty open ended choices, you're still limited by your class, and Wow has no choice anywhere.

The EASHL is NOT the NHL.

So give me my damned rocket launching dinosaurs!

[Avatar]

From what little info I've seen on D3 it seems like there's a ton of choices to make at both the gear and talent levels. Pick a spell or the other, can't have both. I'm sure it'll have the best of WoW and Diablo combined.

I don't think they'll allow all classes to access every spell in the game, nor should they, IMO, if they want to encourage multiplayer, the only real way to play that kind of game. Soloists miss out on the most fun aspects, really. But they don't wanna hear it. I wonder if you can player kill at will and if you can lose your equipment ?

- EA_Noun, 01/06/13

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Serious question here..

What's so special about Diablo 3? I've never had the chance to play any of the Diablo games, but 3 is getting a ton of hype and it's hard for me to continue to ignore the series.

Is it the story? Gameplay? Graphics? Watching videos on youtube, I can't say it makes me want to play the game. it just seems like a top-down hack/slash RPG with a ton of mobs running around aimlessly like zombie hordes.

Is there a certain video that'll show me otherwise? All I seem to see is class gameplay videos from the beta, which are boring to me.

[Avatar]

not sure if i wanna get it or not. quit wow about a year ago and right now i have no intentions of going back except maybe for the new expansion down the road. Not really sure if i want Diablo. What b-bunny said what is so good about it?

Nobounds aka nothing2prove

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/Noboundss
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/Nobounds

2013 EA SPORTS Challenge Finalist: Top 2 / 128
2012 EA SPORTS Challenge Finalist: Top 32 / 128

[Yahoo!]

[Avatar]

B-Bunny wrote:Serious question here..

What's so special about Diablo 3? I've never had the chance to play any of the Diablo games, but 3 is getting a ton of hype and it's hard for me to continue to ignore the series.

Is it the story? Gameplay? Graphics? Watching videos on youtube, I can't say it makes me want to play the game. it just seems like a top-down hack/slash RPG with a ton of mobs running around aimlessly like zombie hordes.

Is there a certain video that'll show me otherwise? All I seem to see is class gameplay videos from the beta, which are boring to me.

Gameplay, cool story, last DIablo game was I think in 2001 or so, but the graphics look pretty good I guess now. Im not a PC gamer though, so I cant compare to other PC games.

Diablo 2 was a smash hit, and fan of Blizzard (Starcraft, Warcraft, diablo) basically love Diablo series.

ALot of videos online of gameplay, but only beta videos. Not sure really what so good about it, but its pretty cool. Blizzard actually cares about their customers and their games.

I fell in love with D2, I think it was the first real game I've played on PC, besides pinball and those other type of games built into the PC.

edit: Nothng2Prove. I quit WoW for a year and just got back into it 3 days ago.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2012 18:26:59

[Avatar]

This is an understatement, but I am BEYOND stoked for this game! Diablo 2 was my go-to game for the longest time, and is one I could always start up again. Never gets old to me. Looks like they've kept enough aspects of 2 in the new one for me to be hooked.

A few friends and I have been waiting for this for a LONG time now, so for me, yes, "the earth will shake" indeed.

Thinking I'm going to get the digital download from Blizzard directly.

EDIT: Looks like the cow level will return! Basically a must, considering how iconic it is in the Diablo franchise. http://www.diablofans.com/topic/38139-secret-cow-level/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2012 12:20:56

Michigan Fantasy Hockey League (Coming soon for 2014-15)

[Email] [WWW]

[Avatar]

Just finally got around to paying D3 off. Looking forward to finally giving it a go with one of the diablo games, especially a brand new one on launch day.

NHL Series  > NHL® Off Topic
Go to: