[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
If the Devs are still around...  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion

[Avatar]

Xbox install, tiger legacy completion... The game started inexplicably freezing at the title screen, so I cleared the cache. I already had saves, auto save is the only option. The game started, but as if it was played for the first time... even with all the in game tips. Legacy was showing as "new" again, with no progress whatsoever. All the unlocked golfers disappeared. My golfer was the only thing the saves kept.

In head to head play, if you choose amateur or pro, and turn off spin, or turn off putt preview... The game mode shows as "custom." The issue is that players joining the game, cannot see what the swing difficulty is, or whether spin is on or off. Those details are missing from custom matches. Conversely, all the game setup options can be seen in live tournaments... Just not h2h play.

At the end, I was referring to all the reported Country club issues.

Thanks again cam for all your efforts, and for your forthcoming communication.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/10/2012 11:58:38

[Avatar]

CamleeEA wrote:I believe that it is gone for this year. That setting should never have been in the CC tool and it being there at launch was causing issues as you may have noticed.

So Follow Camera is the only option for Live Tournaments, even if you have True-Aim selected in your presentation settings in the game menu? I don't understand how True-Aim camera works flawlessly in online multiplayer (heck, even the cut to finish camera angles are far superior to what they are in offline career mode), yet isn't even an option for Live Tournaments?

I really don't care for the follow camera presentation. Technically, it works well, but it really compromises the immersion for me, in that I'm deprived of watching the shot from my golfer's perspective for as long as he'd have it in view.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/2012 12:16:03

Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football!... Coach Cutcliff

Developer

mfluder wrote:
mfluder wrote:Will us uk/euro ps3 players be getting the patch? We didn't get the chip animation one. You said the uk retail version had it included but it hasn't. I hope this is known and will be in the patch.

Don't want to answer this then?

Yes the patch will be for all Sony regions. Sorry for the delay, hanging out in the forums is my hobby not my job lol

Cam thanks for the good sleep last night lol

A question or so, it seems to be you guys used NHL engine for the swing, or the animation? If you watch H2H and your opponent hits a shot, it looks like he is running to the hole with a Puck? This is just a random question but it sure looks to me like it.

I am sorry to hear phantom greens wont be fixed, so boost pins it is, but if at all, the two other things ruining an amateur round is the freezing and then the hit the cup and fly OB or off the green glitch (as stated in a thread a few days ago, I hit replay on the hole at Doral and it gave me the eagle but only showed me playing 17 holes in tiebreaker lol)

Today I was too pumped and forgot the X = Replay and pressed Y which well p...ed me off at Banff,
4 aces, 2 double eagles, and I get the hit the cup and fly miles off the green. I was -18 thro 9, and palms were sweating more that I was worried about freezing, but then I get the dreaded smash the cup and fly so you will see a par on my card, it is so annoying that we must look out for freezes and this cup thingy which ruins the round. So I should have had -30, and only posted -28. Yeah call me a whiner, but if you guys can look at this for next year, this glitch has been around for about 3 years now and really drives me mental, as you know you have made the shot, hell rather kick it off the pin and bounce somewhere but it seems to fly 90 degrees straight. I know it cant be fixed this year but please man.

And thanks once again for setting the record straight in these forums - I just wanted to vent a little

Anything being done about the sensitivity on drives and longer shots on tournament mode? as there is hardly any errors.

Maybe this is a better solution.

If you do a slow/overswing shot on drives or longer fairway shots the distance is not hampered that much. I can get 270-290+ yards easily. And yet I have risked nothing, it's easy to keep the path straight.

Now if you impacted more on the slow tempo distance wise, say it would only hit 240-250, it would force people to aim for Fast to achieve the 270-290+ range and you are more prone to errors then.

Overswing also seems to have little impact on the control or path of your shot.

The other things I'd like to know if they are going to be fixed are.

- The ball when putting, once it passes the hole it jumps to where it finishes, instead of rolling out.

- When going to view your putt, the info marker is right over the hole

hey cam just wanna say i dont have any real problems with the game, it is great, kids play video games and kids always whine, maybe if they knew how to develop a game they could actually talk, it pains me to see such spoiled little whiners, keep up the good work, great game

[Avatar]

p0rkyb0rky,

Calling people that earnestly report issues, "spoiled little whiners," for wanting a game- from a well over a decade long franchise- to simply work as intended- is quite the stretch.

Nobody is complaining about the gameplay design... on paper. The game feels more like a simulated golf swing than ever before... at least, as close as it can possibly be within the confines of a rigid controller stick.

However, the fact is, the game is more buggy than ever... and, the issue of completely incorrect & misplaced lies, both positive and negative- regardless of the suspected programming oversights- are flat out, ruining the competitive integrity of the, "golf," part of this golf game.

[Avatar]

[quote=p0rkyb0rky]hey cam just wanna say i dont have any real problems with the game, it is great, kids play video games and kids always whine, maybe if they knew how to develop a game they could actually talk, it pains me to see such spoiled little whiners, keep up the good work, great game[/quote]

lmao you just called yourself a kid and a whiner.

clown...

SIM MODE PLAYER(xbox)

THE COUNTRY CLUB MEMBER

UHAVELOFT

It is nice to see a Dev hanging around the forum today. I appreciate all of your insight. Even though the bugs can often times be frustrating, it doesn't take away from the fact that you guys created a solid game that is the most realistic representation of golf to date in the series. I agree with other posters that ideally, you will build on this great foundation your created this year with the new swing mechanic. I know that often time the best way to market a game is to highlight all of the changes you make, and understand that sometimes good features get cut in a effort to freshen up the series. But I hope that you are able to make strides in the coming months to alleviate the issues many of us are experiencing with TW13 for next year.

FRSTDWN wrote:
cdmattax wrote:Patch or no patch, I think what we are seeing from Cam's comments here and in other threads is that the major issues are going to have to wait for another development cycle. And if that is what happens, I would be fine with it. Two weeks after it was released, it was obvious that TW13 was an incomplete product. I was disappointed that the Kinect interface was so bugged and that the first patch just made it worse, but the new swing mechanics, better short game, better graphics, country clubs and even what they did do on the Kinect all looked like steps in the right direction. If they can just resist the temptation to re-invent the product in the next development cycle, I could see this game being really good. It remains to be seen if the forces that drive such decisions will allow what has been started to be finished. All I can say is that we really don't need another "Tiger Legacy" (or any equally resource diverting) feature in the next product. There is already so much to do within this game, you would almost have to never leave your house in order to complete it all. Fix the lockups, fix the ball placement issues, beef up the country clubs, fix the Kinect interface so that it doesn't cost 4 strokes per round every time you play and take an hour to play - I am sure that everyone has their favorite bug - but just make a product that does what it says it will do.

Well said...

Im 0/53 or whatever the tiger thing is. I think a lot of people would give that up for better gameplay and more room for the online game. Not to mention more pro shop items REAL SWINGS we can use or MORE COURSES!!!

Yea thats a good idea.

Actually, it's very much worth doing the Legacy Challenge. It not only awards coins and status for the challenges but the birdies and stuff you make on the courses you play on count towards course mastery.

JCauthen04 wrote:
CamleeEA wrote:I believe that it is gone for this year. That setting should never have been in the CC tool and it being there at launch was causing issues as you may have noticed.

So Follow Camera is the only option for Live Tournaments, even if you have True-Aim selected in your presentation settings in the game menu? I don't understand how True-Aim camera works flawlessly in online multiplayer (heck, even the cut to finish camera angles are far superior to what they are in offline career mode), yet isn't even an option for Live Tournaments?

I really don't care for the follow camera presentation. Technically, it works well, but it really compromises the immersion for me, in that I'm deprived of watching the shot from my golfer's perspective for as long as he'd have it in view.

I can only speak for myself, but the tru-aim setting option has never been there when declaring tourneys for my PS3/Move club. However, this hasn't stopped me from being able to use what I'd call tru-aim for regular online and country club tourneys (I was on the Wii up until this year). My golfer appears on screen (wish he wouldn't) before I zoom out to set up where I'd like to aim. Once I press the T-button to engage the swing, he disappears and all that's there is a shot looking down on a golf ball with a club hovering over the top. Once I swing the ball takes off in the distance without the camera chasing after it. Once the ball stops moving I get a close up of where it is. If there's a blind shot to a green I lose track of the ball at some point, increasing the tension a bit. I use the other camera for replays.

[Avatar]

TMangrove wrote:I can only speak for myself, but the tru-aim setting option has never been there when declaring tourneys for my PS3/Move club. However, this hasn't stopped me from being able to use what I'd call tru-aim for regular online and country club tourneys (I was on the Wii up until this year).

TMangrove, I'm speaking for XBox 360 hand-held controller options. I don't own a Kinect for the 360, but as you know, I do have a Move for my PS3. I don't own the PS3 version of Tiger 13... yet, but I will once the SimStix is on the market. There was one day that an option called "True View" appeared as a presentation option for a club Daily I was setting up. When I see the term "True View", I'm thinking of what Wii owners are familiar with in past Tiger games, as well as Move owners of Tiger 12 and 13. Well, the "True View" that we got in that Daily was actually "Presentation Camera", which is a mess, IMO.

What I was actually hoping for when I selected True View, was actually what most of us controller know as "True Aim". You get a third person view of the golfer until impact, but then you get a sort of 'golfer's eye with a small degree of zoom' view of the shot. It doesn't cut to a finishing view until the ball has come to rest. In order to see this 'ball at rest cut view', you have to enable Animations, which forces you to see a reverse-angle TV camera-esque view of your golfer reacting to and following the shot before you get the finishing view. What I'd rather see is the last 10 to 20% of ball travel from a finishing cut-view camera than this meaningless view of my golfer

My golfer appears on screen (wish he wouldn't) before I zoom out to set up where I'd like to aim. Once I press the T-button to engage the swing, he disappears and all that's there is a shot looking down on a golf ball with a club hovering over the top. Once I swing the ball takes off in the distance without the camera chasing after it. Once the ball stops moving I get a close up of where it is. If there's a blind shot to a green I lose track of the ball at some point, increasing the tension a bit. I use the other camera for replays.

Well consider the Move as an advantage for Live Tournaments if you're not a fan of the Follow Camera like me! It was when you confirmed that this was the case in the Move thread that I made a firm decision to buy the PS3 version of the game, once the SimStix is released (I won't bore folks again with why I have problems with the Move without a club-like apparatus to which it can be attached). When you get the view of the ball at rest after the shot, is it a low angle, tightly-zoomed view? That's the case with the cut view in True-Aim in offline Career mode, and I find it's not as informative as the more zoomed-out, more elevated view that you get with the same options in online multiplayer. Why the online multiplayer cut-views are more polished and better produced than offline play in True-Aim mode is mind-boggling to me!?

As for your point about blind shots, wouldn't it be cool if there was an *option* to enable a mechanism that would cut to another view once your golfer lost sight of the ball?

Duke Football? Hell yes it's Duke Football!... Coach Cutcliff

CamleeEA wrote:
mfluder wrote:
mfluder wrote:Will us uk/euro ps3 players be getting the patch? We didn't get the chip animation one. You said the uk retail version had it included but it hasn't. I hope this is known and will be in the patch.

Don't want to answer this then?

Yes the patch will be for all Sony regions. Sorry for the delay, hanging out in the forums is my hobby not my job lol

Thank you.

I think its very easy to forget that the devs in the game only have so much say in what does or does not get fixed or whats in the game. What I mean by this is they have a deadline for this game it was to be released in time for the Masters which from a marketing point of view is brilliant. However when they come across a flaw that they know is going to cause grief and they have their meetings with whom ever the bottom line is can it be fixed by the deadline? if so then yes its more then likely done. if the answer is no that they would need more time then forget it thats not happening as we all know this is a money driven business as all businesses are and to tell share holders or the CEO that "we need more time" isn't going to cut it. I agree there are flaws in the game that are frustrating and I also agree I would rather see them fix the flaws for the next year rather than adding more bells and whistles which of course usually brings more flaws or bugs. However there they are behind the eight ball again as many players are younger and want all the "new shiny things" and wouldn't buy the game if all they did was release the same old game only with fixes. I think a compromise is the best answer first if they did in fact fix the known bugs then add maybe new courses or whatever, something they know is not going to tick people off with bug issues then that may be the best solution. They could even maybe get a head start on the following years version and look at adding more features and having the time to fix them before release date for that year. Just my thoughts on the subject.

KennySq wrote:You'd be hard pressed to find someone who has complained about this game more than I have. I am still very disappointed with all the problems in this game. What I was majorly disappointed about was the lack of feedback from EA. Well, we have someone here now. Whether you like his answers or not, I believe you have to give him some credit and respect for continuing to answer questions. As much as ripping him apart for the problems in the game might feel good, I think this community and this game are better served if we refrain from doing so. He acknowledged the game has more problems than he'd like. Do I want every single problem fixed yesterday? You bet, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen. In order to hopefully continue the back and forth we have going with a developer, I hope these threads don't get derailed by people wanting to get in some feel good shots at a developer.

Absolutely agree.

PS3 = nevadaballin

Country Club = Ball Bangers CC (Public Club - We have room for more, come join us!)
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® General Discussion
Go to: