[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Battlefield 3 download keeps restarting  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hello Psych|,

What`s your version of Origin?
Please try to use the latest version of origin.
You can get it from www.origin.com.

EA_OriginSupport
Please visit help.origin.com for solutions to common Origin issues.
[WWW]

The * patch did nothing for me.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hello JumBie,

Could you please provide me your OriginID, Email related OriginID and this thread link by PM?

PS:
Do you use the latest version of Origin?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/19/2012 20:36:29

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

I agree with you JumBie, I have a similar problem trying to install Kingdoms of Amalur. In my case, I bought the physical DVD so i dont have to download it through Origin (seeing as so many people have problems with it), but Origin just can't finish the installation process and it get stuck at 100% complete but fails to read the game as being installed. I tried all the basic regurgitated advice they give on all the threads regarding these similar problems (i.e disable firewalls/antivirus, update Origin (I got the 9.0.0 version now), run as admin, lower UAC, ect.) and of course like 90% of the people out there these "fixes" don't work.

I think this is just poor programming on the part of Origin as so many people have this problem with so many different games on Origin (BF3, Amalur, Mass Effect, Sims, ect.). Hell, they are already on version 9.0 of Origin. I think eventually they will figure out this problem and you will be able to download and play your game. So even if u don't get your refund, I don't think it is wasted money as you will be able to play it in the future. The only question is how long will it take?

Good luck to you and to us all who have to suffer through this thinking that we get to play a game we just bought but will likely have to wait weeks-months.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

hi JumBie,

Get your PM.
I have created a ticket for this problem and escalated to the related team.
If I get any info, I will update the thread.
Thank you for your time.

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

So am I going to get my refund now? The advisor's/"experts" are telling me to do ridiculous things in order to solve my problem. Its evident know one knows what the issue. All I really want at this point is a refund.

ea origin unexpected error 262145:5 thats what I just got.

So i just checked my bandwith, i used up 200GB of my 250GB limit in the past few days trying to download Battlefield 3.

So either you give me my money back, or you pay for my bandwith.

So which one is it? Because your silly EA "Advisors" have no idea how to fix this. They keep telling me retarded * like for example:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I know how much this means to you. I apologize for the disappointment. Please perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Download OriginSetup.exe from
download.dm.origin.com/origin/beta/8.6.1.39/OriginSetup.exe
2. Run OriginSetup.exe to upgrade Origin
Origin will now be updated to the newest version

I hope the information provided above resolves the issue. If the problem persists, please update this email and I will look into the matter further.

We at Electronic Arts appreciate your efforts and involvement in our Games and take this opportunity to express our gratitude and extend support throughout. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime. Also, please access our online knowledge base on: http://help.ea.com.

Regards,
Shresth
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

Hmm...Does he even read the email I sent him before? Or does he just copy and paste the next stupid thing he sees in his handbook. You guys are ridiculous YOU HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT OUT OF ANY COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. I need to put that into cap locks to make it clear.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/21/2012 13:42:23

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi JumBie,

Please try below steps:
1.Run Origin in the windows 7 compatibility mode(As XP SP3 or Vista SP2)
2.please check you PC date and time. Restart PC and try again
3.Make sure download and install folder use the default
4.Use the latest Origin
5.Could you please went here http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7650451.page and followed user SpaZzn guide and Gerick14's post and try if it works?

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

Obviously I read that guide beforehand and tried it out, you guys weren't providing me with anything useful so I took matters into my own hand and tried it. It didn't work sadly. So give me my money back.

[quote=JumBie]ea origin unexpected error 262145:5 thats what I just got.[/quote]+

I'm getting exactly the same problem while attempting to download Shift 2 Unleashed. Luckily for me my internet access is unmetered, not that it stops it from being annoying as hell being unable to play a game I already own.

I'm filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, it definitely wont do much, but its a step in the right direction. I have gone over my 250GB limit for this month in a few days trying to download this game. I'm now as we speak being charged 50 cents per GB until my billing cycle ends.

I have asked them to either pay for my bandwith, give me a refund, or send me a disc copy. None of my demands have been met, in fact my demands have been blatantly ignored. I definitely wont stop here, ill keep pushing this matter until something is done.

EA Representative
[Avatar]

Hi JumBie,

We will push the progress of this issue . And any update, we will reply in this topic thread.

EA_OriginSupport
[WWW]

As far as I can see no one is pushing any matter anywhere. Instead I get these ridiculous emails from so called "Experts" who tell me to do things that do not directly relate to my problem. I keep asking for a refund, and the word refund somehow never catches the eye of any EA employee. I just filed a complaint against Electronic Arts, and I will continue to push this matter is any way possible in order for me to get my money back.

So I was kindly helped by and EA origin developer and had a refund setup. The game has been removed from my origin game list, however no money has showed up in my paypal account. Is there an expected waiting time for my money to be transferred?
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: