[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
account hack / email changed  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

My case is the same of everyone here, my account was stolen, they've changed my e-mail and in the chat with an advisor he said my date of birth doesn't match...

This is absurd, there's a lot of ways to proof the account is mine, a LOT o people with the same problem and still we're waiting. The advisor said that he 'escalated my issues to EA experts' and that I would get back response soon, but it has passed 5 days and nothing.

Sam:
Can you confirm the Birthdate associated to that account for me?
you:
Thats the problem. No matter what it says it's incorrect when I know I put the correct date in when I registered back in July of this year. I was able to do a password reset and post on the forum but it won't let me go to My Page
Sam:
Well I do need confirmation in order for me to assist with this issue. Which is why it is so important that people give us the correct information when making an account.
you:
I put the right birth date in 08-11-1986

^^^^OMFG I have the worst headache from this crap!

[quote]"i'm waiting for 3 weeks now since my account has been hacked"[/quote]

I've been waiting over 5 weeks.

Maybe they just hope we all give up and buy our games again.

I have the same problem. i got an email last Nov 4 that my account email was changed which I did not authorize.
going to https://help.ea.com/ didn't help much as they wont accept my email anymore.

I recently created another account using the same email i used for years and submitted a report. Case # 06463659.

I cant play my Battlefield games now coz i cant login... WE NEED SERIOUS HELP HERE PLEASE.

I've been waiting over a month, myself.

Got contacted once by email by EA Support Winston M, and supplied all the information, including attaching install logs (which had my name, email, location of installations, etc etc etc etc etc), and then nothing.
Been waiting over a month with no contact.

Ridiculous.

Same thing happened to me guys regarding the birthdate change. I think a lot of people are suffering from it.

When I initially reported my account stolen, I was verified by the rep. DOB matched.

3 weeks later, I get on live chat again. Doesn't match any more. DOB is not suppose to be able to be changed, except mine did.

Made a video about it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFRMES7UmuA

Here is my solution. (been to busy at work to file it yet)

Small claims court

Cost of game $80
Cost of expansion $50
Cost of lost stats $,2700 $90x30 hours
Time wasted on here $270 $90x3 hours
TOTAL $3,100

Once I file the claim they will have 21 days to pay me.
If they don't pay, they will have to front the court to argue why they shouldn't pay.
If they don't turn up they will receive a court order to pay me.

Perhaps when it starts costing them money they might do something about this.
The above is just a rough sum.

For those in Australia
http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-sa

My costs are based on what I feel my free time is worth.
Which is more valuable to me than what I make at work.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/14/2012 04:00:39

Had my account taken over 2 day ago , made a fone call to EA Denmark today , the fixed it in 10 min , big thx to EA suport in Denmark.

Unfortunately, I fell victim to the same thing at the beginning of November.

I had my account back within the day however it involved two 30 minute calls to an 0870 number from a mobile.

You'll need to phone as the "online support" is never online and looks as though it never works and you won't really get a better response from the limited information the EA staff on the forums can provide.

You'll need the following information, name / d.o.b / Username(before it got hacked) / Current username (if you've been as lucky as me to find it as this saves a lot of time) and they will ask a few more questions.

Funnily enough, my advisor told me to create another security question to prevent unauthorised access to my account (which I had already done). For some reason though they have managed to get in touch with EA and change my security question (Bravo, EA that's some great security).

Hopefully you get your account back and more importantly, hopefully this doesn't happen soon.

I have also been told by a member of EA staff that it appears that users are getting your details (majority is premium users only) through you joining servers (somehow managing to easily get your authentication details).

I have sent an official letter of complaint regarding breach of trust/privacy to EA which has still to be replied to. I will take it further if needs be and I suggest that many of the other users experiencing the same problem should do so as well.

Also, before a mod decides to remove this comment to save face for EA/Origin, I have copied this comment and will screenshot once submitted and will continue to post this.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Account hacked 5th November (email confirming the change of email), unable to click a link inside email to say it's been hacked.

Unable to log into origin/battlelog on 6th

Find the username my account got changed to through forum signature (using the soldier ID) find the new username as "NxGamer001".

Speak to EA on the phone, get account temporarily banned and get account back on the 6th November

Since the sellers offer "no way of getting the account back", hacker put some personal information in account options and was unable to change this while banned. Find out the users real name, address and telephone number on the 7th. I have a list of all the users that are in his "group" of Battlefield 3 Hacked Account Sellers.

Egor from Belarus, Minsk oblast, Russia.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/14/2012 06:35:50

my account had the same problem !! :/ i received an e-mail which says that my e-mail has benn changed ! i ve got gifa 13 Ultimate team edition which i ve the e mail verification for the buying and fifa 12 !

EA, get your collective heads out of your damn *. Seriously, I knew it was a mistake purchasing a game from Origin seeing how I had problems playing it from the get go. First you give me a key that "has been used", it was and still is easier to walk through hell and back than to contact support for help, and now my account is hacked and I see there are quite a few number of people (read hundreds if not thousands) who are having the same problem...while EA/Origin was denying any such problems. I WANT THIS FIXED. I am not going through another BS mission jumping through hoops to get you to fix it. Why do I, who paid you for your service and product, have to hunt you down and plead with you to help me all the while hoping that you will actually help me. AND I WOULDN'T BE THIS ANGRY IF YOU PEOPLE MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO SIMPLY TALK TO SOMEONE. Please do something about this.

So, EA "helpers", will you say anything what will make all of us happier, or you just died everyone there and will continue to be silence?

I cast the cure spell on you! So talk to us!!!

P.S. Sorry, but if your games don't make any more fun for me (coz they're stolen and you don't care) than you do it )) I can't be any more serious with such irresponsible people and company.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/19/2012 09:44:27

[quote=returnmyaccount]Here is my solution. (been to busy at work to file it yet)

Small claims court

Cost of game $80
Cost of expansion $50
Cost of lost stats $,2700 $90x30 hours
Time wasted on here $270 $90x3 hours
TOTAL $3,100

Once I file the claim they will have 21 days to pay me.
If they don't pay, they will have to front the court to argue why they shouldn't pay.
If they don't turn up they will receive a court order to pay me.

Perhaps when it starts costing them money they might do something about this.
The above is just a rough sum.

For those in Australia
http://www.artslaw.com.au/info-sheets/info-sheet/debt-recovery-small-claims-procedure-sa

My costs are based on what I feel my free time is worth.
Which is more valuable to me than what I make at work.[/quote]

I will also be following legal avenues if this does not get resolved in a timely manner.

How is the only info they accept DOB, its well known that this can be changed by the hackers.

EA never even emailed the licence key to me, i have order numbers, credit details and everything, this is just plain crazy!

BLAKEAuST

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/19/2012 14:17:21

Hi everyone! I have managed to back my account with the help of advisor Angelo. God bless this man!... who, unlike others wooden robots with their "dob can't be changed bla-bla-bla", checked my case and then just ask me my billing info (last 4 digits of credit card, full address and phone number). That's all and that's how it must be!
Thank you, Angelo Rafael A., one more time!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/21/2012 03:19:22

Same problem, same fu**ing problem: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9120281.page#25904937
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: