Madden Ultimate Team  > MUT Feedback & Support

Would love to hear more constructive feedback for the community

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/knighttrain.gif/
Legit:
RPenny0613
The Tip
GTRandy

[Avatar]

Amazing well thought out and respectful. Economy needs addressing.

So, as a regular in MUT, there are a few things about it right now that really strikes me as problematic, and, honestly, the OP did a wonderful job of bringing most of it to light. However, to support the feedback going in this thread, I am joining in (since most others have gone unresponded to).

1) I *like* playing Madden 13. That's the reason I bought the game. The Solo Challenges are a wonderful idea, but because of contracts, no incentives beyond just getting the game over, I (too) play just to win 3-0. There's not a lot of fun in that. That's why I looked forward to finding the deeper challenges in regular season games and the coin up (even if the "coin up" was mislabeled). Actually having to think a bit and play out the game, not just gameflow ASAP was fun... it took longer, but it was worth it.

I wish we could choose our challenge level and reward for it ... but I suppose that's not a real possibility as I doubt the programming structure is in there to do that.

2) Contracts in Solo Challenges. With rewards low, the contracts almost feel like they burn resources as much as the rewards grant them. PLUS, more importantly, it is just a hassle to keep having to update my team when contracts run out. It would be so bad going through all those preseason games if they were free to play at least. It would just be getting that 3-0... not having to deal with the hassle of them burning player time.

3) Lack of coins. I am okay with this. I figure the economy will autoadjust to the coins available. That said, the rewards seem week because, on only because, the extra effort required to attain a set doesn't result in much payback.

I am not as concerned about the value of the reward vs AH prices. No, what bothers me is that getting 35 cards, some of them hard to grind out and find, results in not even enough to buy 1 legendary pack for the effort. If it takes me 3 weeks to tear and find, maybe dabble in AH for a handful of missing cards, and what I get for it won't make a real dent into the next collection, I am looking at a long time before feeling satisfied again at the time I put into MUT.

I would, personally, be more excited to get a cool card for completing a team collect PLUS a Legendary Pack that should have some good contributing cards to my active set or towards other collections, that a handful of coins that will only leave me using them to either open a couple of cheaper packs or (sadly) hit the AH to find good deals with.

4) AH. I know some are great at the whole AH game/job. Great for them. I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoy doing collections or playing games. But I really don't want that to be a requirement for doing my collections (at least, let's say, for 90-95%+). I really do love the anticipation of opening a pack, wondering if I will get something to fill a collection slot or for trade/sell towards more packs or missing cards.

However, if the only way to make coins to accomplish that is to spend the time doing the buy low/sell high, play the MUT market game, I'll quit sooner rather than later, no matter how much of a completionist I am. It's just not fun for me.

5) Kudos to more collections and challenges being added so quickly so far. I hope that continues going forward and I'd like to see more interesting rewards going forward.

6) I *love* the idea of having Key Packs being Legendary + Key Card. I can't express easily the utter disappointment I had when I got through my first Regular Season, ripped open that pack, only to see 1 card in it. I wouldn't have cared if it had 11 other bronze cards in it... just getting 1 card was a letdown for all the effort. No continual suspense or hope of getting that "magical" pack that had 2 or more of those missing collection pieces... or some card worth trading for a missing collection card.

Just 1 card. For 16 games and a lot of time spent getting to it... and that 1 card is going to be no more than a placeholder for a collection.

Conclusion) In general, I think it's the contract burning for solo challenges is my #1 gripe, especially as the rewards aren't great and the actual challenge is weak. And rewards, in general, should be something to be excited about. Putting in time to complete the Packers set would burn some good cards all for 2 All-Pro Packs, a Pro Pack, and a single Key card. Those 4 things wouldn't even be enough to replace the cards you just used with lower quality cards. I'd lose 35 cards and get fewer in return as a reward. Doesn't really seem adequate enough.

As long as I can reasonably collecting coins while completing sets, even if it takes a bit of time, I will continue to be in MUT. But if I am barely treading water, knowing that I'm going nowhere, I'll eventually stop trying to stay afloat.

ShadeRaven64 wrote:So, as a regular in MUT, there are a few things about it right now that really strikes me as problematic, and, honestly, the OP did a wonderful job of bringing most of it to light. However, to support the feedback going in this thread, I am joining in (since most others have gone unresponded to).

1) I *like* playing Madden 13. That's the reason I bought the game. The Solo Challenges are a wonderful idea, but because of contracts, no incentives beyond just getting the game over, I (too) play just to win 3-0. There's not a lot of fun in that. That's why I looked forward to finding the deeper challenges in regular season games and the coin up (even if the "coin up" was mislabeled). Actually having to think a bit and play out the game, not just gameflow ASAP was fun... it took longer, but it was worth it.

I wish we could choose our challenge level and reward for it ... but I suppose that's not a real possibility as I doubt the programming structure is in there to do that.

2) Contracts in Solo Challenges. With rewards low, the contracts almost feel like they burn resources as much as the rewards grant them. PLUS, more importantly, it is just a hassle to keep having to update my team when contracts run out. It would be so bad going through all those preseason games if they were free to play at least. It would just be getting that 3-0... not having to deal with the hassle of them burning player time.

3) Lack of coins. I am okay with this. I figure the economy will autoadjust to the coins available. That said, the rewards seem week because, on only because, the extra effort required to attain a set doesn't result in much payback.

I am not as concerned about the value of the reward vs AH prices. No, what bothers me is that getting 35 cards, some of them hard to grind out and find, results in not even enough to buy 1 legendary pack for the effort. If it takes me 3 weeks to tear and find, maybe dabble in AH for a handful of missing cards, and what I get for it won't make a real dent into the next collection, I am looking at a long time before feeling satisfied again at the time I put into MUT.

I would, personally, be more excited to get a cool card for completing a team collect PLUS a Legendary Pack that should have some good contributing cards to my active set or towards other collections, that a handful of coins that will only leave me using them to either open a couple of cheaper packs or (sadly) hit the AH to find good deals with.

4) AH. I know some are great at the whole AH game/job. Great for them. I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoy doing collections or playing games. But I really don't want that to be a requirement for doing my collections (at least, let's say, for 90-95%+). I really do love the anticipation of opening a pack, wondering if I will get something to fill a collection slot or for trade/sell towards more packs or missing cards.

However, if the only way to make coins to accomplish that is to spend the time doing the buy low/sell high, play the MUT market game, I'll quit sooner rather than later, no matter how much of a completionist I am. It's just not fun for me.

5) Kudos to more collections and challenges being added so quickly so far. I hope that continues going forward and I'd like to see more interesting rewards going forward.

6) I *love* the idea of having Key Packs being Legendary + Key Card. I can't express easily the utter disappointment I had when I got through my first Regular Season, ripped open that pack, only to see 1 card in it. I wouldn't have cared if it had 11 other bronze cards in it... just getting 1 card was a letdown for all the effort. No continual suspense or hope of getting that "magical" pack that had 2 or more of those missing collection pieces... or some card worth trading for a missing collection card.

Just 1 card. For 16 games and a lot of time spent getting to it... and that 1 card is going to be no more than a placeholder for a collection.

Conclusion) In general, I think it's the contract burning for solo challenges is my #1 gripe, especially as the rewards aren't great and the actual challenge is weak. And rewards, in general, should be something to be excited about. Putting in time to complete the Packers set would burn some good cards all for 2 All-Pro Packs, a Pro Pack, and a single Key card. Those 4 things wouldn't even be enough to replace the cards you just used with lower quality cards. I'd lose 35 cards and get fewer in return as a reward. Doesn't really seem adequate enough.

As long as I can reasonably collecting coins while completing sets, even if it takes a bit of time, I will continue to be in MUT. But if I am barely treading water, knowing that I'm going nowhere, I'll eventually stop trying to stay afloat.

Very well put. I hope EA continues to follow this thread some real good points in here. Points that are not shared enough by the less vocal crowd on here

http://img834.imageshack.us/i/knighttrain.gif/
Legit:
RPenny0613
The Tip
GTRandy

[Avatar]

[quote=ShadeRaven64]So, as a regular in MUT, there are a few things about it right now that really strikes me as problematic, and, honestly, the OP did a wonderful job of bringing most of it to light. However, to support the feedback going in this thread, I am joining in (since most others have gone unresponded to).

2) Contracts in Solo Challenges. With rewards low, the contracts almost feel like they burn resources as much as the rewards grant them. PLUS, [i]more importantly[/i], it is just a hassle to keep having to update my team when contracts run out. It would be so bad going through all those preseason games if they were free to play at least. It would just be getting that 3-0... not having to deal with the hassle of them burning player time.

[/quote]

Very very good feedback.

USMCDMRM14 wrote:
Madden fans will talk about the days of BuddahSmash83? Madden prophet, bringer of rain,eater of souls, king of prices, god of legit trades?
MUT11 Vet
[WWW]

[Avatar]

I have been steadlily playing madden since i first discovered the MUT mode in late Dec of 2010. I'm not sure an entire week has gone by that I have played it in some form either with opening packs, collecting cards or playing games.

Originally what drew me to the game was the whole card collecting aspect. I loved opening packs. In MUT 11 it was opening bronze packmas in the hopes of pulling a rare rookie card. A card you could make a ton of money on in the auction house or a card you needed for the jackpot 500k rewards. Opening packs was fun, farming was fun, making coins was fun. I didn't really play many games. I didn't care for the game play a whole lot so I spent most of the time with collecting.

I have always reallly enjoyed the weekend promos. I loved the fact that come Friday we would find out what thing was going live that morning.

MUT 12 was great too. I really liked the fact that I could virtually open as many packs as I pleased. There were very easy avenues to making coins. I liked trying finish the collections. You could always sell cards in the AH, because people were collecting. I really started to actually play a lot more games, I know people complained about having the all 99 teams. I actually liked that fact because there was rarely ever a time that I would get beat just beacuse they had far superior players I knew that mine could complete. To me games are more about game planning than the names on the jerseys I don't care if i have the same guys my opponent does.

The MUT 12 promos were pretty good too. Loved the ghost cards only issue I had was that by the end of MUT 12 opening packs became really tedious and boring, and the fact that the couple cards I really needed to finish a few collections were impossible to get.

Now for MUT 13. To me the biggest problem that EA has is they don't understand what drives the mind of someone who enjoys MUT. To be successful you have to serve these clients.

CARD COLLECTOR/PACK PULLER - These people want to rip open packs, lots of them. The thrill and excititment of opening packs is the chance that you could get something really good in that pack. They realize that won't happen in every pack but like a drug they need to get that "high" by getting them so often that keeps them going. Currently this person is bored with MUT, packs cost too much and you can't turn a profit consistently enough on opening them to make it worth someones time. Maybe this will change but when collection rewards are as much as it cost to open just one pack I don't think this is possible. This client may quit the game and not come back. I think MUT Support is misguided if they think people collect just to finish collections. That is dead wrong, there could be a couple but for 99% of the others they finish collections to get rewards either cards or coins, MUT 13 fails for this customer big time.

GAME PLAYER - This person wants to play games, they aren't trying to make money as much as just renew contracts and find their next opponent. The game play in Madden 13 is excellent no doubt it. Best ever, the problem here for this customer is going the fact that since it is so much more difficult to get coins to buy packs why even play MUT why not just play with regular teams.

BIG SPENDER - These are the guys spending big bucks on MSP to by the legend packs, going after the biggest and best guys they will spend the money. These guys already have a stacked team, and want to show it off on the field. One big problem. These guys can't find a game. Why? Because no team with a 85 overall wants to play a 99 rated team. While everyone last year had a 99 team at least you could always find a game. You lose this customer and you lose your cash cow, people that have money and are willing to spend it in your virtual world.

I bring all of this up because for the first time in since Dec of 2010 I find MUT exceptionally boring. Solo Challenges suck, conceptually great idea, execution is a failure though. Most are way to easy, and the reward for spending countless hours is ONE freaking key card I could buy on the AH for 3K? I'm constantley trying to sell players when contracts run out just to buy new ones. I think others have addressed the contracts in this thread, I don't think I need to get into that, other than to say, I agree. I Haven't even bothered with actually collecting cards because I can't find one reason why it is worth my time.

BOTTOM LINE - The beloved MUT economy is as bad as the economy in the USA. It is possible that card prices will plummett and you will be able to get alot of players cheap, but who is going to be buying the packs that are needed to then in turn put those cards up on the block???? NOBODY, the packs are too expensive in relation to rewards. They only people keeping that market moving are the big spenders using MSP to buy legendary packs and then selling gold cards. That is unsustainable.

I think though for the person that just enjoys opening packs they are going remain disappointed an probably won't be as active and will eventually quit MUT, thats where I am and I see me caring less about MUT by the day.

For me I don't care for the changes that changed the MUT economy so drastically this year. EA doesn't have to care about my opinons, they have to care about making $$$. My guess is that MUT profits will fall off quite a bit as the year progresses, unless changes are made. Its really pretty simple increase the collection/game rewards and get it back on track. Think of it as economic stimulus for MUT.

Legit List, Broncosfan22, xGATEZx, D_U_B-420, squeakers13, DaD2TwinZ, firstand10fool, s1owhand22, slagger12,doogiehowser1, MrSmithTP, Cruss21, JUSTREAL365, octovio, kingcars, ccgg737, Patsftw,DUGfresh3,dropkikkmarc71, GreenHoneyDutch, YGSLiiM

[Avatar]

I spent over $1000 on MUT12 and over $500 on MUT11. I've also spent HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of hours glued to my TV playing MUT and secretly checking the forums on my phone at work during that time. For MUT13, I dropped a $20 for MSP on day 1 and won't be putting a cent into MUT13 until EA at least meets us customers in the middle. I bet since it dropped, I haven't even put 10hrs of total time into MUT. Like I said, the hook is out of the water guys.

The idea to actually play games and earn coins to build your "ultimate team" was a great idea. It's failing because they are a boring grind without a reward to make them worth completing. I applaud the amount of content that has dropped, that's awesome. However, how can the average MUT player (who didn't/doesn't glitch) even enjoy the content when they are storing coins like it's the Great Depression?

Put the ego's aside guys. This isn't like giving in to the people who deleted their cards last year. You've created a MUT economic scare which I can only compare to the likes of a George W. Bush! (haha I kid I kid)

1. Up collection coin rewards

2. Up Solo Challenge rewards/gm with more fulfilling game 16 end reward

3. Keep your word that Solo Challenges won't take contracts

While others may have a longer laundry list of demands, these are simple and will directly make a positive impact on the community. Of course you'll still have people whining but it won't be coming from the majority.

USMCDMRM14 wrote:
Madden fans will talk about the days of BuddahSmash83? Madden prophet, bringer of rain,eater of souls, king of prices, god of legit trades?
MUT11 Vet
[WWW]

[Avatar]

[quote=tnthdt]I have been steadlily playing madden since i first discovered the MUT mode in late Dec of 2010. I'm not sure an entire week has gone by that I have played it in some form either with opening packs, collecting cards or playing games.

Originally what drew me to the game was the whole card collecting aspect. I loved opening packs. In MUT 11 it was opening bronze packmas in the hopes of pulling a rare rookie card. A card you could make a ton of money on in the auction house or a card you needed for the jackpot 500k rewards. Opening packs was fun, farming was fun, making coins was fun. I didn't really play many games. I didn't care for the game play a whole lot so I spent most of the time with collecting.

I have always reallly enjoyed the weekend promos. I loved the fact that come Friday we would find out what thing was going live that morning.

MUT 12 was great too. I really liked the fact that I could virtually open as many packs as I pleased. There were very easy avenues to making coins. I liked trying finish the collections. You could always sell cards in the AH, because people were collecting. I really started to actually play a lot more games, I know people complained about having the all 99 teams. I actually liked that fact because there was rarely ever a time that I would get beat just beacuse they had far superior players I knew that mine could complete. To me games are more about game planning than the names on the jerseys I don't care if i have the same guys my opponent does.

The MUT 12 promos were pretty good too. Loved the ghost cards only issue I had was that by the end of MUT 12 opening packs became really tedious and boring, and the fact that the couple cards I really needed to finish a few collections were impossible to get.

Now for MUT 13. To me the biggest problem that EA has is they don't understand what drives the mind of someone who enjoys MUT. To be successful you have to serve these clients.

CARD COLLECTOR/PACK PULLER - These people want to rip open packs, lots of them. The thrill and excititment of opening packs is the chance that you could get something really good in that pack. They realize that won't happen in every pack but like a drug they need to get that "high" by getting them so often that keeps them going. Currently this person is bored with MUT, packs cost too much and you can't turn a profit consistently enough on opening them to make it worth someones time. Maybe this will change but when collection rewards are as much as it cost to open just one pack I don't think this is possible. This client may quit the game and not come back. I think MUT Support is misguided if they think people collect just to finish collections. That is dead wrong, there could be a couple but for 99% of the others they finish collections to get rewards either cards or coins, MUT 13 fails for this customer big time.

GAME PLAYER - This person wants to play games, they aren't trying to make money as much as just renew contracts and find their next opponent. The game play in Madden 13 is excellent no doubt it. Best ever, the problem here for this customer is going the fact that since it is so much more difficult to get coins to buy packs why even play MUT why not just play with regular teams.

BIG SPENDER - These are the guys spending big bucks on MSP to by the legend packs, going after the biggest and best guys they will spend the money. These guys already have a stacked team, and want to show it off on the field. One big problem. These guys can't find a game. Why? Because no team with a 85 overall wants to play a 99 rated team. While everyone last year had a 99 team at least you could always find a game. You lose this customer and you lose your cash cow, people that have money and are willing to spend it in your virtual world.

I bring all of this up because for the first time in since Dec of 2010 I find MUT exceptionally boring. Solo Challenges suck, conceptually great idea, execution is a failure though. Most are way to easy, and the reward for spending countless hours is ONE freaking key card I could buy on the AH for 3K? I'm constantley trying to sell players when contracts run out just to buy new ones. I think others have addressed the contracts in this thread, I don't think I need to get into that, other than to say, I agree. I Haven't even bothered with actually collecting cards because I can't find one reason why it is worth my time.

BOTTOM LINE - The beloved MUT economy is as bad as the economy in the USA. It is possible that card prices will plummett and you will be able to get alot of players cheap, but who is going to be buying the packs that are needed to then in turn put those cards up on the block???? NOBODY, the packs are too expensive in relation to rewards. They only people keeping that market moving are the big spenders using MSP to buy legendary packs and then selling gold cards. That is unsustainable.

I think though for the person that just enjoys opening packs they are going remain disappointed an probably won't be as active and will eventually quit MUT, thats where I am and I see me caring less about MUT by the day.

For me I don't care for the changes that changed the MUT economy so drastically this year. EA doesn't have to care about my opinons, they have to care about making $$$. My guess is that MUT profits will fall off quite a bit as the year progresses, unless changes are made. Its really pretty simple increase the collection/game rewards and get it back on track. Think of it as economic stimulus for MUT. [/quote]

Impressive well thought out feedback, thank you!

USMCDMRM14 wrote:
MUT11 Vet
[WWW]

[Avatar]

Im right there with a lot of you. I spent many hours a week playing MUT 10,11, and 12. This year the game mode seems broken. The fun has been replaced by what feels like a grind. Everything you do in it is tedious.

1.It takes tons of time transferring cards from reserves since you have to move them multiple times.

2. The trade block has taking a step back from last years as you cant see any of the persons wants for a card. Ive
also had cards in my deck that should be tradeable for cards that dont seem to appear on the trade offer screen.

3. The solo challenges are the same thing over and over. Just playing teams in a different order. Todays FF challenge
is more of the same. Why not make it more like the madden moments?

4. The key card thing is a good idea but why make other cards in team collections as rare or rarer than the key card.
I thought it was supposed to be the key card in the collection.

The last few years ive played MUT pretty much the whole year till the new Madden dropped. This year ive already started growing boredand I am ready to move on unless this improves soon. This years Madden is by far the best gameplay ever but other modes have taken a step back. I may just be forced to going back to playing the occasional online H2H game like I did before MUT.

LMT

PS3
succesful deals with
MJ10,Rambow 24,farve041991,craftsman802,
splifftastico

[Avatar]

Mr. Foster,

As always, I appreciate your time. However, I'm curious to know if all of the feedback from this post is falling on deaf ears (so to speak). If so, I'd rather not waste yours or the communities time. I think everyone, for the most part, has handled presenting their opinions in a mature well thought out manner. For that, I'm hoping we can get a bit of insight.

Thank you,

Buddahsmash83

USMCDMRM14 wrote:
MUT11 Vet
[WWW]

It would be nice to think we are being heard.

So, I got examining, closely, what it costs me to play the Solo Challenges.

Every game I play, I expend 27 contracts. I use no 3rd down back (use the regular HB here) and make sure that my LS is the a starting lineman. The only extra contract I use is for Devin Hester as the KR/PR.

27 Contracts cost 506.25 coins to recover (27 contracts of 32 bought for 600 coins).

This means, to break even, I have to earn at least 500 coins per game. That's just to break even.

Honestly, if removing contract expending isn't in the works, the rewards for the challenges should be doubled.

Would it really be a problem to see someone make 1200 coins in a game? Take away the cost of replacing contracts, and they net about 700 coins.

I don't see how this would upset the balance or create too great an influx of currency in the game, plus, it would be simple enough to distribute coins to those who've already completed the challenges to make up for the change in payouts.

Just a thought.

[Avatar]

Good job.

[Avatar]

[quote=ShadeRaven64]It would be nice to think we are being heard.

So, I got examining, closely, what it costs me to play the Solo Challenges.

Every game I play, I expend 27 contracts. I use no 3rd down back (use the regular HB here) and make sure that my LS is the a starting lineman. The only extra contract I use is for Devin Hester as the KR/PR.

27 Contracts cost 506.25 coins to recover (27 contracts of 32 bought for 600 coins).

This means, to break even, I have to earn at least 500 coins per game. That's just to break even.

Honestly, if removing contract expending isn't in the works, the rewards for the challenges should be doubled.

Would it really be a problem to see someone make 1200 coins in a game? Take away the cost of replacing contracts, and they net about 700 coins.

I don't see how this would upset the balance or create too great an influx of currency in the game, plus, it would be simple enough to distribute coins to those who've already completed the challenges to make up for the change in payouts.

Just a thought.[/quote]

Very good post

USMCDMRM14 wrote:
MUT11 Vet
[WWW]

[Avatar]

very thoughtful, well-executed post.

[*LMT Recruiter/Mod*]
[Ryu's MUT13 review: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9398517.page

-"A wise man told me don't argue with fools/ 'Cause people from a distance cant tell who is who"

[Avatar]

EA doesnt care so u just wasted your time writing that
Madden Ultimate Team  > MUT Feedback & Support
Go to: