[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
Origin games wont launch "this game will not run in a virtual environment&q...  XML
Origin  > Bugs and Issues

Info would be appreciated, holding me back from a couple of purchases from EA.

Thanks,

Can we please get an update on the ETA for a fix?

[quote=Shr3ddermill3R]Info would be appreciated, holding me back from a couple of purchases from EA.

Thanks,[/quote]

Same here, cancelled my Simcity Pre order. This needs to be fix.

Based on the executable giving the error message looking at the task manager it seems to be related to the stupid DRM EA activator not the actual games or even Origin software itself.

I even tried launching Battlefield 3 from the Battlelog web-page and no luck there either. It starts the loading and pops up that stupid error message and then continues to sit and act like it's attempting to load / connect still on the web-page.

Stupid DRM is stupid (pun intended).

Same here... Surface Pro 128 GB. Getting the Origin error about a virtual environment when attempting to launch. Plays Skyrim and GW2 just fine, and there should be no issues with the hardware (it's very standard laptop hardware, Core i5, Intel 4000 graphics, etc.). Please post a status update on the issue. The Surface certainly isn't my primary gaming rig, but I will tend to purchase games that I can use across my devices... so this will affect purchase decisions on EA games if it's not resolved.

Same issue here. Subbing to thread. Purchased surface pro specifically so I could preorder SimCity. Was exclusively a mac user but the availability of SimCity and the coolness of the surface was enough to get me to jump ship... lease please please fix before march 5th!!!!! Thanks!

Developer
[Avatar]

Thanks for your patience all.

Like we mentioned previously, we have obtained the hardware. Now we are just in the process of verifying what works and what doesn't, what games will work and which ones will not etc.

We are taking the Surface Pro early adopters here very seriously and want to make sure we give you support.

The current plan is to release a custom Origin build here on this thread (we usually distribute via Dropbox), get you folks using it and then hopefully get some good feedback from you to deliver back to Origin Dev. We do not have an ETA yet but we are close.

Thanks again for your feedback and patience and I'll update you again when I have more news.

EA_MikeNoface
Origin Live Support

Thanks for the update!! Look forward to helping out.

[quote]Thanks for the update!! Look forward to helping out.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. As early adopters, we are accustomed to these kind of issues. All we ask for is an open dialogue and insight into what the plan is.

If I can offer my two cents, I think a lot of us are VERY interested in playing Sim City on our new Surfaces. If anything, please have that ready to go by launch day on the 5th.

Thanks again for helping us out.

Thank you for the update! I look forward to getting the build to be able to run Sim City! I am glad this is a serious issue for you, and I hope it is a priority to be resolved by the launch date!

Thanks again,

Developer
[Avatar]

Hello again,

Cheers to the Origin Dev and QA teams for delivering this custom build just on the heels of our latest full release.

Here's the instructions:

1. First, please uninstall your existing Origin client completely (reboot the Surface after uninstalling if you wish).
2. Grab the build here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4885867/Origin-HL-94.zip

This is only for Surface Pro users. If you are running a normal Windows PC, please do not install this build.

3. Extract the files and run the OriginSetup.exe.
4. Once the install is complete you can verify the version number in your Origin Help/About - 9.1.14

If you have already downloaded games (like BF3), you should be able to just click the download button and Origin will complete the install process.

Keep in mind that all current games may need more modest graphics settings to run smoothly and some older EA games may still have compatibility issues.

We look forward to hearing your feedback. Lets keep it in this thread for now.

Thanks,

EA_MikeNoface
Origin Live Support

I found this thread trying to figure out why Dead Space 3 wouldn't run, thank you for putting out this version of Origin! Dead Space 3 is asking a bit much of the Surface Pro, but at 720p and low settings it's playable enough.

Thank you so much, EA_mikenoface, for the rapid response and solution! You and the team are to be commended for your efforts!

Thanks again!
TripQue

Thanks EA! For the quick build of Origin for the Surface Pro. Bravo!

Any word on how Sim City runs on the Surface Pro? I was unable to use my key for Sim City Beta 2, and was very disappointed .. any chance for another beta perhaps to iron out Surface bugs?

Thank you EA for the very quick turnaround.

So far, I have only tested BF3 and I haven't gotten it to run more than 10 - 15 fps. I'm still working on tweaking my settings.

Anyone know how I can have the resolution set to something like 1366x768 and still be full screen?

I'm downloading Battlefield 1942 and Mass Effect 3 now to test.
Origin  > Bugs and Issues
Go to: