[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
WILL THERE BE A NEW RUGBY GAME FOR PS3 & XBOX 360?????????  XML
EA SPORTS.com  > General Feedback

Hello there EA is there going to be a new Rugby Game for PS3 & Xbox 360?
the Rugby 08 was not as good as 06 and it was only released for ps2 which had VERY BAD GRAPHFIXS
i hope you can make a new game of Rugby and please put the Pacific Islands Team in it which was on 06 and also can you put a Loins tour for us to Play as th Loins that would be great!

and to have a hit stick for defence like on madden!

ALSO could you bring out a online gaming for it ? it would be mean to challenge others around your own country/world

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2009 02:34:33

yes EA please make a Rugby09 game and put the lions tour on there.??????as well as the Air NZ cup and Currie Cup competitions

EA I know you guys probably aren't listening, but if you are, you NEED to make a rugby video game!! Just because the market may not be as good in North America for a rugby game doesn't mean you need to make this game. If you guys can make backbreaker, I'm positive you can make a Rugby 11 or 12. Just think of the Content you could include:

British Irish Lions Tour
Six Nations
Tri Nations
Super 14
Guinness Cup
Curry Cup
Barbarians Tour
Heinekin? Cup

All of the Tier one, Tier two and Tier three International Teams:
Wales
Argentina
Scotland
Ireland
England
Australia
New Zealand
South Africa
Italy
France
Canada
Fiji
Japan
Romania
Tonga
Samoa
U.S.A
Georgia
Namibia
Uruguay
Spain
Portugal
Zimbabwe

Also, Be a pro from FIFA, or the same as Superstar from MADDEN.. Just think of all the things your superstar could do:

Start out in a Division 2 Super 14 team, or European team
Rise to Div 1
Get called up for round up teams, such as the Barbarians or the British Irish Lions
International play
Get traded to other teams and so on

Just because the market in North America may suck when it comes to rugby, doesn't mean it would in areas such as Australia or Europe, those areas would be major successes with a good ad campaign...

This Game could have so much potential, and if everything was taken from FIFA 10, and changed into rugby union, it would be fantastic. I wish someone with some kind of power in EA had the will to make another rugby game.. The only reason I keep my old xbox is because of rugby 2005..

Thanks for reading this

I hope that they do take people seriously about a rugby game. In my opinion they made previous rugby games with ease! If they really worked on something great im sure people who aren't really rugby fans would think about buying it.
I mean some idiots made a table tennis game (no offence) i know it wasn't EA but surely they would make a profit. Forget about trying massive advertising for the US! They dont want rugby but lots of other people do.

USA haven't got a bad squad for Rugby Union, and personally I believe that the sport of Rugby could be on the rise in America. What better time to start development of a Rugby Game than now, anyway? You've got time enough to get it perfect before the next World Cup in 2011, so you can time the release to coincide with that, and make the most revenue possible while there is hype for it.

The NFL graphics and game engine is more than suitable for a potential Rugby Franchise, there are many different leagues that would probably appreciate the opportunity to be a part of a Video Game, not to mention the exposure the sport in general would receive. EA have frequently been the flagship developers when it comes to sports titles, whether it be NHL, NFL, FIFA or Tiger Woods Golf they always seem to be the top sellers and the most widely recognised.

When was the last time a Rugby Game was released? A while ago, right? Who else has been or is in development of a Rugby Union title thats any good. The last I recall would be Codemaster with Jonah Lomu Rugby way back when... Since then EA have had no real competition for Rugby games.

If EA doesn't release Rugby 2010/11 They will lose my respect I thought that they cared about sports but if they don't make this game it will mean that they only care about money like every big company

Cumon!!!! We need Rugby 2010!! Stop procastinating and get cracking...!League..
If EA delay this any longer losses will be made.. by EA Sports..

xbox.Rossinio wrote:USA haven't got a bad squad for Rugby Union, and personally I believe that the sport of Rugby could be on the rise in America. What better time to start development of a Rugby Game than now, anyway? You've got time enough to get it perfect before the next World Cup in 2011, so you can time the release to coincide with that, and make the most revenue possible while there is hype for it.

The NFL graphics and game engine is more than suitable for a potential Rugby Franchise, there are many different leagues that would probably appreciate the opportunity to be a part of a Video Game, not to mention the exposure the sport in general would receive. EA have frequently been the flagship developers when it comes to sports titles, whether it be NHL, NFL, FIFA or Tiger Woods Golf they always seem to be the top sellers and the most widely recognised.

When was the last time a Rugby Game was released? A while ago, right? Who else has been or is in development of a Rugby Union title thats any good. The last I recall would be Codemaster with Jonah Lomu Rugby way back when... Since then EA have had no real competition for Rugby games.

If America took Rugby as seriously as they took football, they would have the best squad in the world.

As for the game, even the fifa engine, with modifications could run rugby very well. The only worry I would have with a create a pro would be the passing (staying in your lane, behind the ball carrier) EA would be in a VERY good position if they released Rugby 2011, just in time for the RWC. All of the exposure the game, as would the sport get. It's High time EA released another up to date rugby game. Kind of a shame that I had to get Rugby 06 for christmas this year, in 09. EA, leave the basketball to 2K and leave MMA to THQ. Please make a rugby game for next gen consoles!

No one can wait till 2011 for the new rugby game. Please improve the graphics and release the game on XBox 360 aswell. Please put the Lions on the game if possible. Please note every member if there is a new rugby game coming out.

Sincerely Drewbowjangles

spore.Hofe90 wrote:
xbox.Rossinio wrote:USA haven't got a bad squad for Rugby Union, and personally I believe that the sport of Rugby could be on the rise in America. What better time to start development of a Rugby Game than now, anyway? You've got time enough to get it perfect before the next World Cup in 2011, so you can time the release to coincide with that, and make the most revenue possible while there is hype for it.

If America took Rugby as seriously as they took football, they would have the best squad in the world.

As for the game, even the fifa engine, with modifications could run rugby very well. The only worry I would have with a create a pro would be the passing (staying in your lane, behind the ball carrier) EA would be in a VERY good position if they released Rugby 2011, just in time for the RWC. All of the exposure the game, as would the sport get. It's High time EA released another up to date rugby game. Kind of a shame that I had to get Rugby 06 for christmas this year, in 09. EA, leave the basketball to 2K and leave MMA to THQ. Please make a rugby game for next gen consoles!

I am an American who does take the sport that seriously and I also play video games and I gotta say that I know many College and HS age along with older players who would not only play but would buy a copy of a rugby game for the PS3/360. I completely agree though that in North America rugby isn't a large sport I mean for that matter I'm watching Monday Night Football on ESPN right now as I type this. But I also got DirectTV just so I could get Setanta sports so I can watch Rugby on TV. This game would be very easy to make and going to a leading engineering school here in the US I know the costs that EA would have making this game and we are talking about the same price that they spend on NHL on a non-engine rebuild year.

BTW- The US is the reigning Olympic Gold Medalists in Rugby. Also to be fair every Tier 1 Rugby country in the world has all of it's players as full-time rugby players not lawyers, engineers, construction workers, and every other type of non-professional rugby player type of work. That's right our team only does rugby work a few days a week and only for a couple hours a day. I believe we are at the same place now in rugby in the US as we were with soccer in the late 70's. With that said I want to see a rugby game ASAP and GO USA Eagles.

yes i have been waiting for a 3rd gen rugby forever. i still play the ps2 for the rugby.

I got rugby 06 xmas 08 and probably the most played game for my 360. I got 08 for my laptop which was better, but its hard to use with my keyboard especially when I can't run in certain directions lol.

Cmon EA get cracking on this, I don't care if you use the same stats and players from the old games, as long as the game play and graphics are improved, I will buy it the second it hits the shelf.

I see some great ideas from some of the guys posting on here and think just about all of them can work for a new Rugby game. Sadly though we don't seem to be getting any answers from EA regarding the devolpment (if any) of a Rugby game. It is very frustrating as I'm sure all of you must agree but hopefully we will see a new Rugby game just before the next RWC.

Until then I will sit back and enjoy all the current and upcoming tournaments.

Thats what I was hoping for the 2007 RWC, keeping my fingers crossed for a surprise release. They do seem to do one every 2 years 04-06-08-10 for xbox 360

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/26/2010 06:05:18

I think rugby 08 sucked, it was the same basic crap as 06, 05 and 04, but just better graphics, they should stop being lazy and make a rugby game as good as Fifa is in football. They need a lot more stadiums, whats the point putting teams like Russia, Romania, Spain etc in the game when they don't even have a stadium to play at. I also think there are much less competitions in 08 then there was in 06. It would be great to see the Air New Zealand Cup and Heartland Championship, also French Top 14, Magners League and Currie Cup. Fifa 09 even had the Hyundai A-League in the game, that is pretty much as small in football as the Heartland Championship is small in rugby, which is the fourth tier down from the top in New Zealand.
EA SPORTS.com  > General Feedback
Go to: