[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
How to get True-swing analysis  XML
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion

[Avatar]

TW08 on PC:
My manual says I can press T to get an analysis of mat swing, but the key does nothing.
How and when can I see the analysis? I'm currently in PGA Tour mode (EA Tour).
After a bad swing (i.e. extreme push), I'd like to see exactly what I've done wrong,
but T does nothing. G works to enable/disable grid, so it is not the keyboard.
I've tried pressing T right after the hit, or after replaying a shot; no matter
when I press T, nothing happens.

djb

[OS: 64-bit Vista]

[Avatar]

Hi djbeeze,

To get the True Swing Analyzer to show up on your screen, go to options at the Main menu. After you click on options select Games. In the Game box you will see an option to check or uncheck True Swing Analyzer, make sure it is checked. You should then see the analyzer in the upper right when your in the game.
I think that is what you are talking about.

[Avatar]

OK, I see that this "analyzer" appears - it was already on; I did not realize this was the TSA.

I was hoping and expecting something that was more helpful, i.e. a graphic that showed the mouse 's path indication at all how I need to correct my swing. I.e. if I hit with a "push" or "slight push", what causes that and how do I correct this? The manual shows that the larger the angle (i.e. deviation from straight back/straight forward) contributes to hooking/slicing and as far as I can tell, I'm swinging as straight as I can when I end up with a push or a pull. I imagine hitting with 'slight toe' means I'm finishing slightly left of where I started, even though my backswing may have been straight. Is this correct? A graphic TSA would be much, much more helpful.

Is there a guide somewhere that shows how to correct all the errors, and perhaps another guide which helps learn how to intentionally slice/hook when you want to hit around a tree, or how to adjust the swing when the lie is on a steep incline (i.e. above/below my feet?)

thanks

djb

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.djbeeze wrote:

Is there a guide somewhere that shows how to correct all the errors, and perhaps another guide which helps learn how to intentionally slice/hook when you want to hit around a tree, or how to adjust the swing when the lie is on a steep incline (i.e. above/below my feet?)

thanks

Not sure what difficulty you are playing on, but would suggest Novice if you are having trouble with TS. I also recommend going into the Practice mode and working on the swing there. One key to TS is keeping the orientation of your mouse straight when moving it back and forward. Also, Swing Speed and Tempo are HUGE factors in completing a godd swign with TrueSwing. The Practice feature is where you can learn the swing by taking in the TSA results...

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Odyssey White Ice 35" Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

[Avatar]

I'm playing Intermediate, where I normally don't have much trouble with True Swing.
I tried moving up to Advanced and almost could not play; it is much more
sensitive and even though my tempo and speed are good, I get a lot of Extreme Push
shots. I'll keep practicing, I guess, and maybe put away that driver...

I'd still like to see a written guide on how to hit those specialty shots.
I guess I can do the same thing - hit the practice courses and experiment
with different variations.

thanks.

djb

Senior Moderator
[Avatar]

Try turning your mouse cursor sensitivity down until you get a feel with TS that you can control....

Current IRL Golf Equipment:
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 Driver / Tour 3W & 3H - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR S Covert 2.0 4I-AW Irons - Stiff Shaft
Nike VR Forged 56 & 60 degree
Odyssey White Ice 35" Putter
Nike 20XI-X Staff Bag & Golf Balls

[Avatar]

assuming that you're playing right-handed.......... a "slight toe" reflects that the front of your mouse is pointed slightly to the right on your swing-thru........... mirroring a club swing with the toe "slightly open".

'Let's eat Grandma!' or 'Let's eat, Grandma!'? Punctuation is important. Learn it, use it.... save a life!!!!!
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Series  > Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® PC Discussion
Go to: