[Search]  Search   [Groups]  Back to EA Forum Index  
DLC Pack #3 Champions Pack II - Update Jan 21 7:30  XML
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion Tech Help

Community Manager

Update - Jan 21 7:30PM

Champions Pack II is now available through the FIGHT NIGHT STORE from the Main Menu or through XBOX LIVE Marketplace. Thanks for everyone's patience and we hope you enjoy the new fighters, gear, and new game modes.

Please be reminded that you must download the latest title update in order to ensure the content without any issue.

Update - Jan 20 8:45PM PST

I have just received an update that there has been an issue with the tonight's scheduled re-release of Champions Pack II for XBOX 360 users. In order to ensure that the downloadable content is released without issue, we will be conducting an extra day of testing to ensure the issue is resolved. We are now scheduling the re-release by this weekend.

Obviously we understand that this is unacceptable and on behalf of both teams I want to sincerely apologize for this further brief delay. Thank you for understanding.

Update - Jan 15

The team will be re-releasing Champions Pack II (X360) on January 21st along with providing a Title Update to address the issue stated below for both consoles on January 20th. We appreciate everyone's patience during the time the team has been working to get the update and DLC out and hope fans will enjoy fighting with the new boxers.

Update - Dec 8 - 7:35PM PST

Just a quick update from the FIGHT NIGHT Round 4 team to pass along. Following work this past week on addressing the freeze issue in Champions Pack 2 for XBOX 360 users, the team is confident that once the DLC is re-released the issue will be fixed. Again, many thanks to the community for assisting with our efforts to resolve the issue and also a big thanks for being patient with us as we work to get the DLC back up.

With the community's help, we have also encountered a major issue around the ability to manipulate boxer stats and use them as an unfair advantage. Along with the fix to address the freeze in Champions Pack II, we will also be addressing this issue in an upcoming update for both XBOX 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles.

As we have stated in our forums, any users caught using this cheat will be subject to disciplinary action including having their online record being wiped, up to having their online account banned entirely from EA SPORTS online gaming.

Due to the discovery of this latest issue, the team has decided to further delay this next update which will address these issues until mid to late January. We sincerely apologize once again for this delay in the DLC and appreciate everyone’s understanding as we look to address these major issues.

Update - Dec 4 - 12:35PM PST

We regret to inform XBOX 360 users that due to the freezing issues that users have been experiencing when downloading Champions Pack 2, we have come to the tough decision to take the DLC down from XBL Marketplace, fix the issue, and look to prop up a corrected Champions Pack 2 in the near future. Unfortunately the fix requires a full pass of approvals by all parties involved and may take longer than a few days.

For users that have already downloaded the pack using the work around that was provided yesterday, you are fine to play with the new content. Though if there are locked items you have not yet purchased, you will not be able to unlock them until the updated version is released.

Again, we sincerely apologize to our users for having to endure the delay due to this unforeseen issue and our goal is to have Champions Pack 2 back up for users to download before the Christmas holidays.

Update - Dec 3 - 6:40PM PST

Firstly, thank you to the community for their patience and understanding as our team works diligently to address the current freeze issues that have arisen from today’s DLC – Champions Pack – 2 update. Though the team did their best testing the DLC, the live environment produced some anomalies that were unexpected. We have recognized a full fix for the issues without having to work around them though the fix will require an additional title update which we are currently pushing through. Our hope is that we will be able to have the full fix go live in the near future.

In the meantime however, as stated below, users are still able to fully experience all that the DLC has to offer by saving their profile online before downloading the DLC titled Champions Pack – 2. The Pack contains all previous DLC so if you did experience freezing after downloading today’s pack and deleted all your DLC, you will be able to get all previous content including any content that was previously unlocked.

For those in the community that have provided timely information to help address the issues, we thank you sincerely. This is definitely not the best scenario that we would’ve wanted to happen with the DLC and we appreciate everyone’s understanding of the current situation. We will continue to update this thread with any further developments and please feel free to PM me directly if you encounter any other issues that have not yet been addressed.

Update - Dec 3 - 2:10PM PST

If you have not yet downloaded DLC 3, please do the following steps to install the DLC and prevent any freezing:

1. Go online with your profile and save manually.
-> My Corner -> File Management -> Save Settings
2. Download DLC 3

Update - Dec 3 - 1:30PM PST

The team has made some adjustments on the server side to temporarily address some of the issues. If you are still experiencing the freezing issue, please follow these steps:

1. Delete DLC 3, called Champions Pack 2
2. Go online with your profile. Save your profile manually:
-> My Corner -> File Management -> Save Settings
3. Re-Download DLC 3

We are continuing to work to fully remedy the issue and will keep this thread posted with any further updates.

Update - Dec 3 - 10:35AM PST

We have resolved an issue with our servers being out of sync with the newly offered DLC 3 content. This fix should resolve most of the issues you may have been experiencing upon downloading the latest DLC content.

We are currently still investigating a crash some users are experiencing upon the initial boot flow. We are working hard to resolve this issue and will update again soon when we have more information.

Original Message - Dec 3 - 9:10AM PST

Please note that the team is currently investigating the in-game freezing issues that users have been experiencing following downloading this morning's DLC. Please stay tuned to this thread as we will update the community with steps going forward to remedy the issues once we determine the root cause.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have a resolution very shortly.

Thank you.

This message was edited 21 times. Last update was at 03/30/2010 11:03:25

http://help.ea.com

[WWW]

Well thanks for getttn back 2 us finally

EA, please answer this.....Should we delete the pack we already downloaded OR keep it in our hard drive??

[Avatar]

I just bought this pack a minute before reading about the problems.
When will they be solved, today?
Should we delete the pack and re-download later?
...Or for that matter should i halt my download now?
Do these problems happen for everyone?

Petition For Unlimited Attribute Points For Offline Editing http://tiny.cc/2Ns7H

[Avatar]

cem_ea_id.Iron-M-Tyson wrote:I just bought this pack a minute before reading about the problems.

I just downloaded it 5 minutes ago, and it still locks up the system. I'm gonna delete it and see if that works.

[Avatar]

xbox.arr0w1 wrote:
cem_ea_id.Iron-M-Tyson wrote:I just bought this pack a minute before reading about the problems.

I just downloaded it 5 minutes ago, and it still locks up the system. I'm gonna delete it and see if that works.

Yes, removing it gets it back to normal operation. Maybe they can test it before they put the next DLC out?

xbox.sk88z wrote:Please note that the team is currently investigating the in-game freezing issues that users have been experiencing following downloading this morning's DLC. Please stay tuned to this thread as we will update the community with steps going forward to remedy the issues once we determine the root cause.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have a resolution very shortly.

Thank you.

Im glad Im not the only one. I was getting pretty irritated.

Sorry sk88z, know i've posted this elsewhere - but its a temporary fix until things get sorted.

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!

If you delete the FIGHT NIGHT PROFILE from your hard-drive - you can do this from the xbox dashboard.
When you restart fight night you will have to set up a new user profile - skip the ali-tyson tutorial and then your in!

Works for me now! Hoepfully this will for everyone else!

PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT DELETE YOUR CABS OR SAVED GAMES.

I did d/l some custom settings from boxershare previously so I don't know if this caused the problem??

The DLC is actually really good! Gameplay is subtly different but makes a difference.

Community Manager

Yes, deleting will revert the system back and you will be able to redownload without re-paying.

Totally sucks though please know that the team did do substantial testing of the DLC. Live environments will always be a little different than testing in a non-live environment and issues sometimes arise. The team is working extremely hard to resolve the issue which we hope will be today.

I will update the top post as soon as I hear back from the team.

http://help.ea.com

[WWW]

[Avatar]
Location: Fight Night Champion Needs Increased Punch Off Settings & Reactions & No Counter Windows.

Sounds Good, Thanks for the News.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5543343.page Support!Remove Stars* [*IMG]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6261/26798579501544m3.jpg[/IMG]

xbox.sk88z wrote:Yes, deleting will revert the system back and you will be able to redownload without re-paying.

Totally sucks though please know that the team did do substantial testing of the DLC. Live environments will always be a little different than testing in a non-live environment and issues sometimes arise. The team is working extremely hard to resolve the issue which we hope will be today.

No problem mate, work in a similar environment so appreciate things sometimes slip through.

As i said before the DLC is great, appreciate DLC being released as its a great feature to the game.

[Avatar]

xbox.sk88z wrote:Yes, deleting will revert the system back and you will be able to redownload without re-paying.

Thanks for the good news that we can delete the pack until it's fixed but please could you deny or confirm the fix that DreadlockMess posted? Because I'd really like to use my DLC now!

Petition For Unlimited Attribute Points For Offline Editing http://tiny.cc/2Ns7H

[Avatar]

Lol, I just downloaded Holyfield and he was like 1000mb....WTF!!! Then I heard about this issue and sure enough the game froze... well, at least I have mw2 to play
Hope it is resolved soon.

I changed my signature...............C00k13?????

[Avatar]
Location: Fight Night Champion Needs Increased Punch Off Settings & Reactions & No Counter Windows.

For me it Freezing as it Zooms in on the Ring right before the In Game Menu.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/03/2009 10:15:10

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5543343.page Support!Remove Stars* [*IMG]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6261/26798579501544m3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank goodness Im not the only one. Very disappointing. Was really looking fwd to this DLC.
FIGHT NIGHT  > Fight Night Champion Tech Help
Go to: